JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's funny, I actually have smaller hands and never shot my Beretta that well until I put wrap around hogue grips on it, which made them even larger, but I shot it exceptionally well after that.

As for a larger/heavier handgun, yeah it is but I also like that. It felt like a gun and not a toy.

I carried it for about a year but it was too big for that.
I'm not into carrying full size pistols and would probably feel uncomfortable with any large frame pistol.
In my opinion that's just not what they are made for.

And the Beretta was made for service use. Easy to use, easy to service, accurate, and making it heavier made it more managable.

I only had the displeasure of shooting the PX4 series once and hated it. It's so far from where the 92 series left off. Beretta should have tried to make a better 92 or similiar pistol instead of chasing the glock.

Of course the P7 would be nicer it's 3 times as much!

What's wrong with bretta hand guns.maybe it's just my model of bretta the 96a1 but every one I tells me there to big,the rail (if it has one is) is not necessary, there frames crack to easy,and last but not least there bricks and seriously what's wrong with my 96a1

I don't know about buying another Beretta, but I'd like to buy a vowel.

Here's my take. I've owned a Beretta 92F for over 20 years. Both were Italian made. The first one was the blued/parkerized version, the 2nd and current one stainless. I only sold the first one because I fell in love with the looks of the stainless model.

The first one had probably close to 1,000 rounds through it before I sold it to a friend in order to purchase the stainless one when they were 1st coming out. I don't think I had a single malfunction with that one.

The 2nd one (stainless) has over 7,500 rounds though it and only two malfunctions, both Ammo related. The 1st was a squib (factory reload), and the 2nd was a malformed case (also factory reload).

The damned thing is extremely reliable. When working on malfunction clearing during a 2,000 round count 3-day Magpul advanced pistol class, I could not keep it from going into battery when trying to ride the slide slowly forward. It would always pop into battery.

It is also one of my most accurate 9mm pistols. With practice, I was able to shoot clothes pins off that were holding the targets to the backers (many many years ago). Not every time, but I'd say 1-2 out of 5 shots when I was up on my practicing.

It was my concealed carry piece for many years, because I was confident it would work when I needed it to.

Two things I do not like about it (well three actually).
1) when attempting to use the hand over the top of the slide grip to pull the slide back (for stove pipe malfunctions, etc) my pinky finger would drop down into the open port (due to the open nature of the top of the slide), and would inevitably cut the crap out of my finger.

2) The 12lb first round double action trigger pull is unacceptable to me when speed and accuracy are needed (which is what I'd want on my side in a self defense situation).

3) The decocker can and will inadvertently be tripped when racking the slide with an overhand motion, which will leave you with a dead trigger when you might need an operational gun the most.

These are my thoughts anyways after using one in a couple of high round count pistol classes, and several USPSA and three Gun matches.

Here's my take. I've owned a Beretta 92F for over 20 years. Both were Italian made. The first one was the blued/parkerized version, the 2nd and current one stainless. I only sold the first one because I fell in love with the looks of the stainless model.

The first one had probably close to 1,000 rounds through it before I sold it to a friend in order to purchase the stainless one when they were 1st coming out. I don't think I had a single malfunction with that one.

The 2nd one (stainless) has over 7,500 rounds though it and only two malfunctions, both Ammo related. The 1st was a squib (factory reload), and the 2nd was a malformed case (also factory reload).

The damned thing is extremely reliable. When working on malfunction clearing during a 2,000 round count 3-day Magpul advanced pistol class, I could not keep it from going into battery when trying to ride the slide slowly forward. It would always pop into battery.

It is also one of my most accurate 9mm pistols. With practice, I was able to shoot clothes pins off that were holding the targets to the backers (many many years ago). Not every time, but I'd say 1-2 out of 5 shots when I was up on my practicing.

It was my concealed carry piece for many years, because I was confident it would work when I needed it to.

Two things I do not like about it (well three actually).
1) when attempting to use the hand over the top of the slide grip to pull the slide back (for stove pipe malfunctions, etc) my pinky finger would drop down into the open port (due to the open nature of the top of the slide), and would inevitably cut the crap out of my finger.

2) The 12lb first round double action trigger pull is unacceptable to me when speed and accuracy are needed (which is what I'd want on my side in a self defense situation).

3) The decocker can and will inadvertently be tripped when racking the slide with an overhand motion, which will leave you with a dead trigger when you might need an operational gun the most.

These are my thoughts anyways after using one in a couple of high round count pistol classes, and several USPSA and three Gun matches.
Not doubting you're you're opinion and in fact I aprishate you're imput but did your beretta overly dirty or was it just a clean most every shoot and sit in the room kind of gun because I know if I had I stainless I wouldn't really want to damage it or get it super dirty or ding it if I could help it ya know I just don't see beretta guns being the type to be drug though mud or being in water which is a reality for me seeing as I'm in the woods all the time and train and sometimes with my pack being so heavy it dosent agree with my balance being 6'4 200 pounds and I hate to say I had to get rid of my 96a1 because even haveing it in my leather holster for a couple hours would flake off the finish unacceptable to me for such a high priced gun.

I just don't see beretta guns being the type to be drug though mud or being in water which is a reality for me seeing as I'm in the woods all the time and train and sometimes with my pack being so heavy it dosent agree with my balance
Tell that to the soldiers who carried BEretta SMGs, BM59s, Beretta 92/M9s, Beretta AR70, Beretta handguns of all eras..... and tell that to the polcie departments who issue BErrettas.....

Just because its stainless doesnt mean its more delicate.

Tell that to the soldiers who carried BEretta SMGs, BM59s, Beretta 92/M9s, Beretta AR70, Beretta handguns of all eras..... and tell that to the polcie departments who issue BErrettas.....

Didn't say there were more delicate read it again I asked if since the gun was stainless was he more careful with the gun because more things show on stainless goof tard and I've owned a couple Beretta's so I kinda know a tad bit and I have asked soliders in fact my uncle and alot of my friends carried them in the US army and my uncle was a us marine and carried a earlier m9 so I already asked and was told I'd just like to know other people opinions I've never asked a cop who was issued one but if you are a cop who was issued one let me know you're opinion but other wise quit being a fan boy

And if you'd like I'd love to know more info if you have someone whos used it in a crazy situation have them message me I'm not afraid to ask so be it

Who says I'm a Beretta fan boy :) I don't own one. Never were able to afford one ;) Got a Ruger P85.... and a Hi Point carbine... an AR was a better choice for me than a pistol.

My point to the above was that you made it sound like stainless is more delicate than plain parkerized. Funny thing about stainless.... it was developed so that it won't rust as badly in water or salt water... Same for Chrome lining barrels, so they don't rust out. Also doesn't hurt that its usually harder than plain carbon steel. (am a machinist by training). Interesting thing though, stainless will start rusting if there's plain carbon steel in the same location in water.

Stainless in my opinion is easier to keep clean (just a swab of Comet on sponge and maybe scrub) than exposed carbon steel... parkerized or blued though, that's just as easy to clean if needed.

my dad was issued a nickel 38 special revolver from S&W in the 80s as part of the police in Cannon Beach.... his department justified using nickel plated guns because it was a beach city and blued guns would start rusting faster in the leather holsters used by that department.

Who says I'm a Beretta fan boy :) I don't own one. Never were able to afford one ;) Got a Ruger P85.... and a Hi Point carbine... an AR was a better choice for me than a pistol.

My point to the above was that you made it sound like stainless is more delicate than plain parkerized. Funny thing about stainless.... it was developed so that it won't rust as badly in water or salt water... Same for Chrome lining barrels, so they don't rust out. Also doesn't hurt that its usually harder than plain carbon steel. (am a machinist by training). Interesting thing though, stainless will start rusting if there's plain carbon steel in the same location in water.

Stainless in my opinion is easier to keep clean (just a swab of Comet on sponge and maybe scrub) than exposed carbon steel... parkerized or blued though, that's just as easy to clean if needed.

my dad was issued a nickel 38 special revolver from S&W in the 80s as part of the police in Cannon Beach.... his department justified using nickel plated guns because it was a beach city and blued guns would start rusting faster in the leather holsters used by that department.
I aprishate you're father's service I apologize if it sounded like that I just wanted to know his word as I've herd alot of diffrent things about stainless it's a free for all here no offense ment everybody has a different word much respect christopher

I liked the Heckler & Koch P9S I had for many years - very rare these days, I'm told, but with its polygonal rifling it was astoundingly accurate. They wouldn't let me take it it Ireland, but if I could have, I would have.

tac

Not doubting you're you're opinion and in fact I aprishate you're imput but did your beretta overly dirty or was it just a clean most every shoot and sit in the room kind of gun because I know if I had I stainless I wouldn't really want to damage it or get it super dirty or ding it if I could help it ya know I just don't see beretta guns being the type to be drug though mud or being in water which is a reality for me seeing as I'm in the woods all the time and train and sometimes with my pack being so heavy it dosent agree with my balance being 6'4 200 pounds and I hate to say I had to get rid of my 96a1 because even haveing it in my leather holster for a couple hours would flake off the finish unacceptable to me for such a high priced gun.
I cleaned and lubed it once with Frog Lube before the first day of the 3-day pistol class. Never cleaned or re-lubed it after that. In fact, I still have not relived it to this day. At about the 2,500 mark (500 rounds beyond the class), I did wipe it down, but still have not re-lubed it.

Imo, stainless requires less maintenance than a blued gun.

"more things show on stainless goof tard"
"I aprishate you're imput"
"but did your beretta overly dirty"
etc....

Seeing how the far ability to communicate has fallen occasionally gets my dander up,
especially when I've just started my day. Ignorance and illiteracy on full display is particularly
hard to countenance. Sorry if my satirical comment or reference to our dearly departed Mr."Word" rubbed some the wrong way.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top