JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've built several form 1 cans with nothing more then a cheap harbor freight drill press. They work great all the way up to .308. Using sub sonic ammo naturally makes them better. And its rewarding to be able to do it yourself besides. I've tested mine next to factory built and mine are just as good.
Shot them at indoor ranges with no hearing protection to simulate HD use. Go to Form 1 suppressors .com if you want to start learning about form 1. Also the money you save more then pays for the stamp.

Last Edited:
What would also be nice is if some could make up something like 80% kits you could easily finish after you got your stamp. If I still had access to a Lathe making my own would be a snap but sadly no longer do. Be nice to be able to buy the parts that would not work until you got the stamp and could do some simple work at home to complete. One more thing to make snowflakes heads explode :D
Luckily the boss at work has been picking up some high quality machine tools for the shop...oh wait...that's me

Hmmm what was the title of this thread again? Pretty sure it didn't say anything about silencers or solvent traps.......

Lets try to focus on the OP's question there is an entirely separate section for NFA discussions, please visit there if you choose to discuss that subject. It can be found here..... Silencers / Suppressors

NOW back to our regular scheduled programming.

I got mine because my Wife and Daughter don't like shooting my Glock .40 caliber pistols for fun. They do enjoy my sub 2000. I got them a Glock 43 and they liked it so much that we got them a 9 mm AR pistol to shoot too. At home it's the shotgun by the bed or the AR pistol which they both shoot. And the .40 Glock. They can shoot it if they have to but prefer 9mm. Maybe a full size Glock 9 mm down the road someday. I am just happy they like to go shooting and it's something we do a lot as a family. Win win situation for me.

from what I have read most use them for fun or home defense. Occasionally a truck gun. A 9mm truck gun isn't unusual. Cops used to carry them and still might.

9mm. pcc"s are just fun! Some of us don't take gun stuff that serious. Safety aside
Exactly. We got one because my wife and daughter shot a friends and said let's get one. They have more fun and it's another thing we do as a family. Win win for me.

From experience. Yes experience. Run either the CZ EVO or MP5 platform. If you're running an AR15 platform, run QC10. The problem with AR15 9mm is the blowback system. However as a blowback, QC10 is the successor. I'm working we with CMMG right now, but cannot advise until I have successful results. QC10 as a blowback, I can support as a system.

From experience. Yes experience. Run either the CZ EVO or MP5 platform. If you're running an AR15 platform, run QC10. The problem with AR15 9mm is the blowback system. However as a blowback, QC10 is the successor. I'm working we with CMMG right now, but cannot advise until I have successful results. QC10 as a blowback, I can support as a system.
What are you talking about? All 9mm blowbacks work about the same. Some prefer a heavier spring or bolt but it's hard to screw up a AR in 9mm. There are many really good much cheaper systems than the QC stuff. I've got them all. Most reliable? Most accurate? Stribog. Just sayin'

I'd like to see other companies come out with 9,10, .45, .50 cal bullpup rifles, maintain 16+ barrels but compact overall size :rolleyes: Oh and they gotta be within $600-800 range, otherwise a 5.56, .300blk, or other AR cartridge carbines would make more sense :rolleyes:

I know the .50AE Desert Eagle is gas operated; perhaps a carbine for that would really be kicking things around? :p don't remember if theres any successful attempts at gas operated 9mm pistol carbines...

I'd like to see other companies come out with 9,10, .45, .50 cal bullpup rifles, maintain 16+ barrels but compact overall size :rolleyes: Oh and they gotta be within $600-800 range, otherwise a 5.56, .300blk, or other AR cartridge carbines would make more sense :rolleyes:

I know the .50AE Desert Eagle is gas operated; perhaps a carbine for that would really be kicking things around? :p don't remember if theres any successful attempts at gas operated 9mm pistol carbines...
Sure the SIG MPX line. The CMMG delayed rotary lock stuff accomplishes the same thing without a gas system for cheaper.

Yeah they don't give those away. You can build a CMMG delayed rotary for about half that.
Thats still in the affordable-mid range AR level which might as well as be the go to for most defensive situations :rolleyes:

Surprised that there's no American company willing to compete in the "between Hi Point and AR kits" price range for complete PCCs :rolleyes:

Edit. By that, I mean $250-400 range.

You can get a Kel Tec 556 or 308 starting in the mid $700s that run like a swiss watch or mine do & you don't the gas in the face like an AR with no piston. The 556 has a 17" barrel & drops the brad between your feet. I'll never buy another AR I can get a Kel-Tec in the same caliber.

Thats still in the affordable-mid range AR level which might as well as be the go to for most defensive situations :rolleyes:

Surprised that there's no American company willing to compete in the "between Hi Point and AR kits" price range for complete PCCs :rolleyes:

Edit. By that, I mean $250-400 range.

One did, Extar, but the problem seems to be actually buying one. They seem to be great, especially for the cost but, they can't make them nearly fast enough. It was this that got me to finally try my hand at making a "ghost gun" and glad I did. It was fun. I have to guess more do not jump into the market like Extar due to the laws. So many gun owners seem to not care that it makes people leery of starting up a shop to make them. One of the big places could come out with one easier of course but so far do not seem to want to wade into this either. At least not yet. Then of course this latest panic hit and now it's hard to find almost anything like this now. When this panic is over will be interesting to see what happens. A LOT also depends on the next election. If the anti gun guy wins no one is going to want to invest in any new tooling cost.

Best bang for the buck really is the Stribog. Mine has shot like a dream from day one.
$650+. Thats right in the midlevel AR range :confused: again, thats where it makes little sense to not get an AR for much the same duty as a 9mm carbine :rolleyes:

This is also why to date, I've not yet bought any other PCC beyond used Hi Point carbines :s0136:

I'm just saying I cannot see any reason why a simple blow back pistol caliber carbine cannot be more affordable than the bog standard AR kits out there... beyond numbers made.
Hell. The Sterling and Sten are excellent examples of how simple they can get... granted, making them semiauto only can be little tricky, but combining the simplicity of the Sten with say, an AR trigger kit, should be far more affordable than they are :rolleyes:

You can get a Kel Tec 556 or 308 starting in the mid $700s that run like a swiss watch or mine do & you don't the gas in the face like an AR with no piston. The 556 has a 17" barrel & drops the brad between your feet. I'll never buy another AR I can get a Kel-Tec in the same caliber.
The good thing about the 9mm carbines is you can get ammo for a lot cheaper in normal times and you can shoot a LOT more. Stopping power really doesn't matter. What are you REALLY going to be doing with it?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top