JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
$650+. Thats right in the midlevel AR range :confused: again, thats where it makes little sense to not get an AR for much the same duty as a 9mm carbine :rolleyes:

This is also why to date, I've not yet bought any other PCC beyond used Hi Point carbines :s0136:

I'm just saying I cannot see any reason why a simple blow back pistol caliber carbine cannot be more affordable than the bog standard AR kits out there... beyond numbers made.
Hell. The Sterling and Sten are excellent examples of how simple they can get... granted, making them semiauto only can be little tricky, but combining the simplicity of the Sten with say, an AR trigger kit, should be far more affordable than they are :rolleyes:
Most people buying 9mm carbines probably have a few 5.56 carbines already. It's OK to own more than one gun.

Not that I "recommend" them but High Point makes them cheap and there was someone making a Bullpup stock for them. They have some downsides but, at the price point you can't expect to get something like the CMMG. There is some people making videos trying to destroy one that seem to have trouble making them fail.

Way too many better options at this point to even consider one of those "firearms".

I had both a MP-5 and a UMP for years, didn't care for either. Had a Sig 550 select fire as well...sold it...too nose heavy, but still have a 551.

Anyway, if I'm going to pack a shoulder fired weapon, it needs to have more punch than a pistol caliber.

For comparable size and weight, 224/5.56 and 300BO both have way more needed punch.

I had a Zenith for a while. Same thing, didn't care for it. My HD "carbine" is now an AR pistol in .300BO.

$650+. Thats right in the midlevel AR range :confused: again, thats where it makes little sense to not get an AR for much the same duty as a 9mm carbine :rolleyes:

This is also why to date, I've not yet bought any other PCC beyond used Hi Point carbines :s0136:

I'm just saying I cannot see any reason why a simple blow back pistol caliber carbine cannot be more affordable than the bog standard AR kits out there... beyond numbers made.
Hell. The Sterling and Sten are excellent examples of how simple they can get... granted, making them semiauto only can be little tricky, but combining the simplicity of the Sten with say, an AR trigger kit, should be far more affordable than they are :rolleyes:

It's all a matter of how many are made. The AR9 is of course easier to make than an AR since no gas system. It's all in how many you want to make. The more they make the cheaper it gets per piece. So far as popular as the AR's in pistol caliber are they are not nearly as popular as the larger, so price does not come down to the same level. Even the lowers. The lowers for the AR9 tend to be 3 times as much. You can use a standard lower but the damn adapter is so much it's actually more. So we who like them are kind of stuck for now sadly. :(

Way too many better options at this point to even consider one of those "firearms".
I have to say I don't own one and would not now. I was VERY tempted when they were in the $150 range and few were making a PCC. Now days I own 5 PCC's and all of them cost a lot more than the HP and were worth it to me. The guy wanted cheap and Bullpup and so far that HP seems to be the only thing in that market. Not for me either but the damn little ugly sticks seem to sell well due to the price point and they way they do seem to work.

The next person that posts that is getting a 7 day ban on general principle.
I was gonna say that one seems to get a lot of air play here lately. Best to just ignore it. But hey, if you wan't to defend yourself from bears, midgets, giants, or whacked out crackheads with a 22 a 9 or some other peashooter, have at it.

I was gonna say that one seems to get a lot of air play here lately. Best to just ignore it. But hey, if you wan't to defend yourself from bears, midgets, giants, or whacked out crackheads with a 22 a 9 or some other peashooter, have at it.

That story is getting so old. Bad example, questionable if it really happened and WAY over posted.

I don't mod much, but when I do it will be vacation time. :D

Find me an US market 10mm pistol caliber carbine in a bullpup stock for under 1 grand :rolleyes: :p

Or a plain jane 10mm carbine for under $500 :rolleyes:

Otherwise, AR all the way :s0136:
Right now it's hard to lay hands on anything in the low end. The "Just Right" Carbine was a nice looking idea but i have not yet handled one and I am sure they are sold as fast as they hit the market now too. When this panic is over and if Trump wins again, and we see another glut in the gun market, may see some new ideas hit. :)

Theres not a lot one can mess up using the same internal parts for almost 30 years, other than fit and finish :rolleyes:

On the other hand... I was mighty interested in the Liberty Arms Calico series just for the novelty of them... and some people think they're uglier than the Hi Points :eek:

But yeah, I am wanting a 10mm bullpup, just because its different.. otherwise, it'd be nice if companies could offer affordable/cheap 80% pistol caliber lowers...... or at least, the jigs for milling them out

Are they under $600? ;) a quick look on gunbroker page 1 nets me loads of the Hi Points, and $1200 AR 10mms

Edit. Page 2 or 3 found me a Just Right carbine... isn't it almost the same as the TN something firearms that had some drama with quality?

Yes the Just Right is on the same idea as the TNW. I have a TNW in 10mm that is a great gun for home use. I no longer recommend them as the owner seems to be a real problem. Sad really as I like his idea. In any case I suspect it would be hard to lay hands on either of these right now. Wait till the market corrects again.

Define "Serious Work".

If you're looking for a gun to keep in the truck (larger but still limited space) and are most likely to need it to protect yourself from wildlife should you need to hike out of a location due to vehicle problems...then yea, 9mm PCC probably isn't the best choice.

If "serious work" means having something to protect your 1500 sqft townhouse (like mine) where the longest shooting distance downstairs is about 30ft and the longest upstairs about 20ft...then a 9mm PCC makes more sense (nice high capacity and plenty effective at those ranges).

I don't know the stats on this: I would assume that even a multiple person home invasion would be taking place in order to steal things and any show of force from the property owner would send the rats running. And if it did come down to stopping an attacker, I'm a believer in shot placement and, if you can't guarantee shot placement, then more holes > less holes. If someone can do a mag dump using a 9mm PCC into a 6" circle at 20ft, then I'd say that's plenty good for protection.

But, if "serious work" is protecting your farm or large property and you wish to be able to shoot effectively out to the edges of that property, then you'd need a rig capable of getting you there. It's probably not going to be a 9mm PCC.

The way I see it, the hype around 9mm PCC's recently may be indicative of more suburban and urban people getting into guns. Rural folk have, predominantly, been into guns and the use cases are large property protection and hunting: things that would require a more stout weapon.

The use case for a suburban townhouse owner (like myself) or city apartment renter are quite different.
Totally agree. Plus the effacy of available 9mm "defense" ammo is MUCH more effective than years past

Hundreds of thousands of those carbines since 1995 and I read about more issues with the company's handguns than the carbines :rolleyes:

Again, fit and finish does leave a lot, but they seem more reliable than the various Mac10 clones over the years :s0001:

Welp, MAC-10 clones are generally turds too. So they are in good company with your comparison.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top