JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I understand a 357 & 38 are the same but called 38 cal. I do know it's smaller like 2 sizes of 45 cal rifle & pistol.
You totally lost me here. If you mean the .357 magnum, it got it's name from the nominal bullet diameter which is .357, same as the slug in a .38 Special. They did not want to call it the .38 magnum I guess so they came up with the name .357 mag. The 9mm Luger nominal is .355. Now when you bring up the .45???? Which one? The .45 ACP Nominal is .451 for ball. The old "Long Colt was .454 nominal.

While aware of that, in every conceivable scenario I can come up with, a 9mm will hit either my roof or the ground.

Please explain, the only thing I can come up with is you are planning to be overrun by midgets or giants. 9mm would be fine for midgets but not so much for giants. :s0140:

Shot placement is the most significant issue in self defence. Cheaper ammo allows much more practice and muscle memory development. A 9mm center mass is way better than a .45 miss. I've used 9mm for 20 years and can put them where they need to be almost every time.

I'm starting to get interested in getting a can. Links to basic and intermediate info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance. :)
What would also be nice is if some could make up something like 80% kits you could easily finish after you got your stamp. If I still had access to a Lathe making my own would be a snap but sadly no longer do. Be nice to be able to buy the parts that would not work until you got the stamp and could do some simple work at home to complete. One more thing to make snowflakes heads explode :D

Again, my lack of knowledge on this can't be understated. But, aren't the solvent traps a PIA to deal with Refilling and such?
I would prefer a totally mechanical device that is maintenance free. If such exists.

Again, my lack of knowledge on this can't be understated. But, aren't the solvent traps a PIA to deal with Refilling and such?
I would prefer a totally mechanical device that is maintenance free. If such exists.

I have seen the things on Amazon for years but never seen one built to see how they perform. Would be interesting to see one that was papered. Also seems like something only the Gov. could make such a mess out of. 30 days to get the OK on one you build but close to a year to just buy one already made? Only the Gov bureaucracy could screw something up this damn bad :mad:

I have seen the things on Amazon for years but never seen one built to see how they perform. Would be interesting to see one that was papered. Also seems like something only the Gov. could make such a mess out of. 30 days to get the OK on one you build but close to a year to just buy one already made? Only the Gov bureaucracy could screw something up this damn bad :mad:
The "solvent trap" thing is total BS . They are silencers and baffles without finish machine work and often that machine work is just drilling a few holes. I have several and the quality is on par or better than some of my AAC silencers. Literall 5 minutes on one baffle and they are identical to what AAC offers in their tirant series

.https://solventtrapcups.com/product/solvent-trap-kit-d-size-stainless-cups/

40b0dfc302844439cf91aa5825a5404e.jpg

The "solvent trap" thing is total BS . They are silencers and baffles without finish machine work and often that machine work is just drilling a few holes. I have several and the quality is on par or better than some of my AAC silencers. Literall 5 minutes on one baffle and they are identical to what AAC offers in their tirant series.
View attachment 681459
Sounds interesting. Who sells these?

There is always this sort of thing...

Even the Chinese $30 are OK for rimfire and up to 9mm.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads