JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
A good friend of mine was showing me his new (used) shotgun a year or two ago. He'd just bought it from another friend of his.

In the course of conversation he asked he how to register it because he'd heard they were supposed to be registered now. I chuckled and explained what they were supposed to have done at the actual time of transfer.

He was concerned that he had inadvertently broken the law. He later told me that he called his friend right away and met up at a local FFL to do the legal transfer, and griped because they charged him something like $60.

If the purpose of a background check is to prevent the bad people from buying guns, then why does the 4473 ask for
the make model and serial number of the gun?

"None of your guns are registered?" Whatever helps you sleep at night-------
I have not purchased a firearm since 10/8/15 so yes none of mine are registered....;)

Annnnd I sleep just fine, thanks.

I really hate not paying attention and start hitting the like button on comments on the 1st page of a 3yr old thread! :s0054: :D

Been there done that. Not to mention get all excited and quote a couple/three posts to comment on and then realize down the line aways that there's 8-9 pages to get to the end. o_O

He was concerned that he had inadvertently broken the law. He later told me that he called his friend right away and met up at a local FFL to do the legal transfer, and griped because they charged him something like $60.

LOL, well he asked for it. Reminded me of a couple I used to know. They were visiting a part of town that had just installed round a bouts. Husband is going to store, gets confused, crashes into the damn thing. Goes home, Wife and he are looking at damage to his car. Wife convinces him he HAS to call the police to report this or his insurance will not fix the car. So he calls, Officer comes to the house and hands him a ticket for a couple hundred bucks. :eek::eek::eek:
I told him, well there you go, you can now show that to your insurance ;);)

Wow! Haterade is on sale cheap around this place lately. I just asked a question that even years after I had forgotten about it, still sparks debate. My logic hasn't broken down because I didn't have any. I wanted opinions so asked a question and frankly got them. Those have helped me form my own opinion. But really, all the responses that were flippant and rude because I didn't understand it like you? Poor form. I agree with the poster who said this thread should be permanently closed without the chance of being reopened if we cant recognize that others had a differing opinion without looking down our noses at them. I've been away for a while pursuing my latest obsession (jeeps). It seems things have changed considerably when like minded individuals talk down to each other as in this thread.

:(

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews