JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lots of misinformation here. First off in this original posters article, there are many unanswered questions. Like what holster was the officer using because holsters are one of the main reasons for uncommanded discharges on any striker fired handgun. This article says he touched the gun in his holster when it discharged:

Also there is talk that his department never sent the P320 back for recall.

Second, I don't need to explain to you all how bias lawyers are. That video put out by the lawyer is outdated and a misrepresentation. I'll let this video better explain how the P320 works internally:

I can't stress enough how important a good holster is when carrying a striker fired handgun. I love both Glocks and Sigs. Also, if you think Glocks are impervious from accidental discharges, I'll leave you with this video:

Last Edited:
Due to drop-safe issues with the P320 in 2017, the P365 was drop tested over 500 times using an enhanced testing protocol which dropped the pistol at different angles from varying heights to ensure that no such problem would occur.
Yeah the early p320s were not drop safe. They fixed it and set up a voluntary upgrade program to get a new trigger. Then the early p365 had bad firing pins or something that broke pretty early. Seems like they're getting a rep for beta testing on consumers
The P365 has different trigger than the P320. I personally won't mess with a P320. I do not care for their beta testing method and it is enough for me stear clear of Sig all together. I would go for a made in Germany classic P2xx series but other than that Sig is dead to me. Cohen can keep his crap.

Lots of misinformation here. First off in this original posters article, there are many unanswered questions. Like what holster was the officer using because holsters are one of the main reasons for uncommanded discharges on any striker fired handgun. This article says he touched the gun in his holster when it discharged:

Second, I don't need to explain to you all how bias lawyers are. That video put out by the lawyer is outdated and a misrepresentation. I'll let this video better explain how the P320 works internally:

I can't stress enough how important a good holster is when carrying a striker fired handgun. I love both Glocks and Sigs. Also, if you think Glocks are impervious from accidental discharges, I'll leave you with this video:

Another reason to:
a) not carry AIWB, gotta keep your junk safe
b) carry striker fired pistols in kydex holsters, protecting the trigger with rigid plastic

Just one ole guys thoughts…

Surprisingly it was two cops that had the much publicized P320 ADs.
The cafeteria incident and the gym bag incident.
Cafeteria - fiddling with the pistol
Gym bag - Put his unholstered pistol in a swinging gym bag
Sounds to me, this is a case of ND. Who puts a upholstered firearm in a duffel bag.

The Glock "Failure" there definitely looks like negligence on that guys behalf, the holster he used caught the trigger or his shirt etc, and then when he bent down putting force on the back of the gun (pulling the trigger) it went off.... Also its a Glock 43 thats not a glock its a piece of trash that glock sold, because a bunch o people were like, I cant grip the 2x4 of a handle on a glock 26 because I have little child hands and I cannot be inconvenienced.

If you bought a glock 43 you should have bought a sig p365 its just better, but then you bought a sig, which in itself will probably blow your penis off accidentally because you are like hey its a pocket pistol look at me *putting it in you front pocket whilst breathing loudly from your mouth.*

Anyways I am done bashing Sigs but I stand by them not being as great as people claim and definitely not for the money they charge.

The Glock "Failure" there definitely looks like negligence on that guys behalf, the holster he used caught the trigger or his shirt etc, and then when he bent down putting force on the back of the gun (pulling the trigger) it went off.... Also its a Glock 43 thats not a glock its a piece of trash that glock sold, because a bunch o people were like, I cant grip the 2x4 of a handle on a glock 26 because I have little child hands and I cannot be inconvenienced.

If you bought a glock 43 you should have bought a sig p365 its just better, but then you bought a sig, which in itself will probably blow your penis off accidentally because you are like hey its a pocket pistol look at me *putting it in you front pocket whilst breathing loudly from your mouth.*

Anyways I am done bashing Sigs but I stand by them not being as great as people claim and definitely not for the money they charge.
Why is the Glock 43 a piece of trash?

I'm a SIG guy, and they did have a recall pretty early on for the P320s, long before I took to carrying one. For any mass manufactured item, you're going to find problems in early revisions. It just tends to be a LOT more concerning when it's a firearm.

Case in point, back in the early 90's when GLOCK had issued a recall on a production run of their pistols that would inconveniently go full auto after a certain amount of use. And, also, funny enough, SIG had a similar problem with the MPX (at least Gen 1) with trigger swaps.

So yeah, bad things happen, and early generation weapons are probably not best to bet on. P320s are fine now, though, at least none of mine have had problems.

I keep hearing about newer Sig polymer guns needing to be sent back for repair and then I find this article…

But every time it comes up some folks come out saying it's all lies because THIER polymer Sig runs 100% perfect.

What is going on? (This is just regarding polymer guns. I've heard only good about the steel frames.)

I have never owned a Sig before. I am planning to buy a 1911 Target or the P-210 Target. Haven't decided yet. Maybe both eventually. But when it comes to polymer I go to S&W and CZ. (I'm a strait up CZ fan boy x1000).

I considered buying a P365 and/or P320 but probably won't now. My thought with the P365 was, if I liked it more than the Shield Plus I would likely carry the Sig, but I keep hearing about these issues. FWIW, I have a Shield 1.0 with Apex trigger and a Shield plus. For some reason I like the original Shield more. Don't get me wrong, I like both, I just shoot the 1.0 much better for some reason. And I had 5 S&W pistols, sold one recently but am looking for a 629 to make it 5 again, so you know I'm a fan.

Anyway, I would like to hear what others have to say. Please no arguing. If people's opinions and experiences differ, just leave it at that. Agree to disagree, and we all move on.
All I can say is, if you decide you will not buy any firearm because the company that makes it has been the subject of frivolous litigation, your options are going to be severely limited.

Check out TTAG website for a spot-on analysis of the alleged SIG P-320 issues.

Thank you for the video I thought I was missing something and it makes more since now.

I am still getting my buddies to play with just cuz I am curious now. When I first got into Glocks I bought a police trade in and destroyed a number of parts trying to get it to fail just to see how far I could go. I do trust them very much now even though they are ugly and plastic.

thank you

Last Edited:
I trust mine. I don't trust lawyers. And I've been doing the gun thing for more'n 50 years (longer than I've been doing this silly internet thing). If folks want to buy into internet stories about a 69 year old cop who can't cop to having an ND waiting a year to file a lawsuit, I hear the Narrows Bridge is up for sale...
320s.jpg
sigorama.jpg

There is nothing in this world that is perfect and if you make enough of something a batch will fail sooner or later.

But it does seem many manufactures get products to market before, in my opinion they are fully tested and the public is the test bed.

After saying that if something can be used and abused in a manner that an item was never designed to, the civilian public is the best test bed as we will do things to a product engineers would never think of!

I would say the majority of the metal frame Sigs are over priced but still very nice guns. Their 1911s are fantastic and well worth the money.
I've owned 2 of their 1911s. A Scorpion and a C3 I believe. Neither functioned the way a $1000.00+ handgun should. I no longer own either of them. Gorgeous guns though. Accurate too.

There is nothing in this world that is perfect and if you make enough of something a batch will fail sooner or later.

But it does seem many manufactures get products to market before, in my opinion they are fully tested and the public is the test bed.

After saying that if something can be used and abused in a manner that an item was never designed to, the civilian public is the best test bed as we will do things to a product engineers would never think of!
Glock is perfect. They have to be. It's in their name. "Perfection."

Glock is perfect. They have to be. It's in their name. "Perfection."
There ain't nothing that is perfect even if it is in the name cuz if there was one perfect gun this forum would be very boring as we would all own the same gun and by some of the comments I do not think that statement is true.

I trust mine. I don't trust lawyers. And I've been doing the gun thing for more'n 50 years (longer than I've been doing this silly internet thing). If folks want to buy into internet stories about a 69 year old cop who can't cop to having an ND waiting a year to file a lawsuit, I hear the Narrows Bridge is up for sale...
View attachment 1044228
View attachment 1044226
There's more to it than that one cop. The P320 definitely had some striker issue.

There's more to it than that one cop. The P320 definitely had some striker issue.
That was acknowledged by SIG back in 2016-2017... hence the recall and the fix.

The pistol in question had not been sent back to SIG -- it should have been -- as a previous member noted.

Also, I don't have time to find it right now, but TTAG did an awesome job de-bunking the earlier frivolous litigation regarding the faults of the early 320s. Several "incidents" were shown to be owners (including at least a few LE officers) who did not want to be held accountable for NDs that they themselves had caused -- this all post-dated the early bad publicity about the non-drop-safe 320s.

There ain't nothing that is perfect even if it is in the name cuz if there was one perfect gun this forum would be very boring as we would all own the same gun and by some of the comments I do not think that statement is true.
Sarcasm. Although in terms or reliability I don't think any another brand of handgun is a close to perfection as Glock. No beauty contests but it always goes bang.

Sarcasm. Although in terms or reliability I don't think any another brand of handgun is a close to perfection as Glock. No beauty contests but it always goes bang.
I have owned and carried the G19 almost as soon as they hit the market and I got to play with one. I still own 2 gen 3 G19s, a gen 3 34, gen 3 17, gen 5 17 MOS. G43X MOS and a G48 and a small fishing tackle box of parts because I shoot them a lot.

I also own Beretta, Walther, CZ, Armscor, Smith Wesson and Springfield cuz I am still looking for the perfect gun but I still carry the G19 as it fits my hand and I shoot it well but is it Perfect, heck no but until I find something better it will do.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top