JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bought my P320 (Compact Medium in .40SW) in June of 2016, and sent it in for the VUP in March of 2018.
Have fired over 13,000 rounds through this firearm in 4+ years without a single unintentional discharge or any malfunction on the part of the firearm.
It is the only pistol I use in competition, and it's also my winter carry piece.

That being said, there was a video on the Guns & Gadgets site this past summer that stated that even after the upgrade, P320s were lighting off without a trigger pull.
Seems weird that I can go 13,000+ rounds and never see that happen... o_O

ETA: Found the July 2020 video from G&G. Also must give a hat tip to @BlackdogGS, who originally posted the video below in this thread.

Also, if one has taken the gun through the VUP, it also is safe. As I stated on Page 1 of this thread, I got mine in 2016 and never had any issues with it. Of course, I never dropped it, either. And it never discharged a round all by itself. Dunno how that could ever happen, given the firing mechanism in this pistol.

Since the VUP in March of 2018, I still have had no issues. At the time I posted a year ago, I had fired 13,000 rds through that pistol. It's close to 14,000 rds now (been a slow year cuz of the botched operation and high ammo prices), and still no issue. The new P320s, as well as the ones that went through the VUP, are safe. End of story.
As I said in the other thread that I linked to in Post #40 above, I have both a P320 and a P365 (as well as a 1911 C3 which I dearly love).
Since purchasing it in 2016, I have put close to 14,000 rounds through the P320 without a single ND or it firing on its own.
It went in for the VUP in March of 2018, and again, no issues whatsoever with this gun, not before the VUP and not after.
I bought my P365 in mid-2018, and have fired thousands of rounds through it, too, without a single ND or it firing on its own.

sarc
So, I'm just lucky, I guess... o_O
/sarc

Last Edited:
I have owned and carried the G19 almost as soon as they hit the market and I got to play with one. I still own 2 gen 3 G19s, a gen 3 34, gen 3 17, gen 5 17 MOS. G43X MOS and a G48 and a small fishing tackle box of parts because I shoot them a lot.

I also own Beretta, Walther, CZ, Armscor, Smith Wesson and Springfield cuz I am still looking for the perfect gun but I still carry the G19 as it fits my hand and I shoot it well but is it Perfect, heck no but until I find something better it will do.
You won't find better. Stop searching. Haha. Just playin'

I'm still not hearing anyone on here that has had those issues. NWFA is a pretty large sample size. I'm leaning towards people being careless, not wanting to take responsibility, and then trying to ride the coat tails of the faulty 1st Gen 320s that have since been fixed. Why do I feel like this has happened to other firearm companies in your past?

Until I meet someone personally who has had one of these fire by it's self and has proof, I'm gonna say these Sigs are fine. Probably won't buy one though. I prefer S&W and CZ. FN also.

I'm still not hearing anyone on here that has had those issues. NWFA is a pretty large sample size. I'm leaning towards people being careless, not wanting to take responsibility, and then trying to ride the coat tails of the faulty 1st Gen 320s that have since been fixed. Why do I feel like this has happened to other firearm companies in your past?

Until I meet someone personally who has had one of these fire by it's self and has proof, I'm gonna say these Sigs are fine. Probably won't buy one though. I prefer S&W and CZ. FN also.
Large sample size…. Yes. Except the only people in this sample that can gather any info/really matter are the ones who have bought and used (not just put in a safe or used at a range once or twice to "function" test) the 320. I'm guessing that number is exponentially smaller than the group quantity on the site.

Large sample size…. Yes. Except the only people in this sample that can gather any info/really matter are the ones who have bought and used (not just put in a safe or used at a range once or twice to "function" test) the 320. I'm guessing that number is exponentially smaller than the group quantity on the site.
I was referring to the Sig owners on this forum, not the entire forum.

O my buddy had the 320 that is in question he used the hell out of it no problems every day carry and at least 6k rounds through it. no problems other than it being a heavy sig so he sold it during the 2020 run on guns made $650 (people are drunk or high)!! Bought a Glock 29 a mans gun and moved on to greener pastures. I mean honestly if you are carrying a gun piped up in a duffel bag, that is user error you cannot attribute that to an internal malfunction...

😆

557E764E-3EA7-45F7-91EB-10213CFB32C8.jpeg 8E553214-CC31-47FF-90CE-4004168763C1.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top