JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nothing gun related on the list this year - my family won't buy it for me (they tolerate my gun ownership, don't care to encourage it). I did put a few die sets in the Amazon wish list, just in case. My wife will buy me stuff, but doesn't like to shop outside of places like Amazon, so it makes it tough to get her to look at Midway, Cabela's, etc. I usually get some cash for Christmas each year and just put it toward something I've been wanting myself.

What I am interested in this year leans more toward prep than guns, but I guess it can be considered related, at least to this crowd. I'm looking to get a Foodsaver, something I've wanted for a while. Not only for day to day storage, but for sealing up things I want to keep in BOB's, etc. I don't expect anyone to spend $150+ on me, so I'll gather up any cash or gift cards and pool them toward that.

Oh, and I also want a drone :p

I know! I guess I meant I don't understand the need for the 9mm rifle. I'm not judging! I'm just trying to find out the reason I need one

Need one?? Since when do gun owners buy something because they need it? :rolleyes:

As an owner of several 9mm carbines, including a 9mm AR, I can say my main reasons are that they are fun to shoot, they are less expensive to shoot when just plinking, and, can make a very workable self-defense gun. For those sensitive to recoil, even to the recoil of a .223/5.56, it's a way to get them on an AR type gun while they work their way up. My nephew, for example, wasn't ready to shoot a .223 AR, but could handle the 9mm.

Plus a 30-round, 9mm magazine looks kind of funny sticking out of a Glock, not so much the AR ;)

Me and my wife don't get gifts for each other. We both work and buy what we want.

The short list of stuff I might snag if I see on sale:

Hornady 6.5 CM brass
RL 17
A Ruger Charger
80% stuff

Me and my wife don't get gifts for each other. We both work and buy what we want.

Same here. We just do the kids and our parents. I tell people if they want to buy me anything, they can buy me a beer and give me an hour of their time.

I've already ordered my Christmas presents:
  • 2 x Plano cases (w/ the pluck foam)
  • Ammo
  • More Ammo
  • VTAC 2-point sling
  • Magpul bottom metal for my Rem 700
If Mosin Nagants were still available at Big 5, i would buy one. Sure do regret selling mine...

Out of curiosity...what's the attraction of the 9mm AR? I bought a sub2000 last year and just sold it because I didn't see the point.

I just recently was able to shoot one and it put 30 rounds into a half dollar hole.

I can have it in the car and loaded with me.

I'd like to have a carry pistol (full size guns are fine with my size) that shares mags with my "truck gun".

.223 throws big fireballs, the 9mm doesn't and I've never felt under powered with the 9mm round.

Not being a reloader .300blk is too expensive to shoot, 9mm is about as cheap as it gets.

I've never held or shot a sub2000 but the AR I shot was rock solid, pretty small and manageable to shoot very quickly.

Those are my reasons for wanting one. If it was a carbine I would stick with 5.56.

I just recently was able to shoot one and it put 30 rounds into a half dollar hole.

I can have it in the car and loaded with me.

I'd like to have a carry pistol (full size guns are fine with my size) that shares mags with my "truck gun".

.223 throws big fireballs, the 9mm doesn't and I've never felt under powered with the 9mm round.

Not being a reloader .300blk is too expensive to shoot, 9mm is about as cheap as it gets.

I've never held or shot a sub2000 but the AR I shot was rock solid, pretty small and manageable to shoot very quickly.

Those are my reasons for wanting one. If it was a carbine I would stick with 5.56.

This!! Exactly why I want one. Perfect truck gun!!!

Pretty much have everything gun related that I want.

Think I will renew my NWFA membership!

My gun related wish list:
For criminal minded kooks to stop shooting innocent people!

Out of curiosity...what's the attraction of the 9mm AR? I bought a sub2000 last year and just sold it because I didn't see the point.

I'm planning to shoot AR9 or Sub2000 in IDPA Pistol Caliber Carbine division. If I get an AR9 pistol with brace, it will be kinda like shooting a MP5. What a hoot!

Fun to shoot, easy to shoot, cheaper to shoot than .223/5.56, for HD an AR9 pistol makes a great house clearing firearm. IMO

My Christmas wish list is:

an AR9 conversion block so I can use my Polymer80 based AR pistol.

9mm upper

Micro optic for my Glock 34 cuz I can't see anymore.

Lever gun, maybe mare's leg, in .357

9mm revolver

.357 with 6" or 8" barrel

.22lr match pistol

Am I gonna get any of this stuff? Nope.

I have two things I want for Christmas, but am getting neither.

Glock 19 Gen5
DJI Mavick with the fly-more package.

I am asking for a short axe with a HBC head and a water filter or a pair of boots. I already bought the missus a Nintendo SNES, and i'm sure she'll pick out a fur coat or some shoes soon enough.
I honestly don't know why we do gifts, we buy a crazy amount of presents all year long.
Oh well, at least I should finally get that axe i've been asking for...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top