JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dat would be rosemary, along with simple Salt and Pepper and a big dash of Paul Prudhomme's Meat Magic!
We really enjoy how the rosemary brings out the subtle flavors of the meat, with out over powering it!
I love me some rosemary, but I've not used it on steaks. Typically goes on the various forms of taters I fix, and chicken cacciatore, too. Gonna hafta try that...

For grillin' steaks, I just slather some olive oil on both sides, plus some fresh-cracked Mediterranean sea salt and fresh-cracked black pepper. That's it...

I love me some rosemary, but I've not used it on steaks. Typically goes on the various forms of taters I fix, and chicken cacciatore, too. Gonna hafta try that...

For grillin' steaks, I just slather some olive oil on both sides, plus some fresh-cracked Mediterranean sea salt and fresh-cracked black pepper. That's it...
Give it a try, you wont regret it! :s0155:

The Great Ura-Ki has spoke, So it is Written, So Shall it be Done,
perfectly Medium Rare, more toward the Rare end of the spectrum!

I use rosemary a lot.

Most of my basic/rustic bread loaves have a nice pinch of it. If I ever feel like stinking up the house by searing a steak indoors on the old cast iron, I'll use a nice slab of butter, garlic cloves and a fresh sprig of rosemary to finish it.

I also make this seriously good roasted sweet potato with rosemary brown butter. God, I love that one, it's like candy.

Tri tip is one of my favorites. I finish in it in some roasted garlic butter. Some rosemary and sour cream mashed potatoes, sauteed onions and shrooms, and a cucumber salad to make a meal.

IMG_20230208_181126980~2.jpg IMG_20230208_183650629~2.jpg

BBQ in the garage? Got ventilation? o_O
In South dakota we store the bbq in the garage, pull it out to cook while sitting in the much warmer garage. 20 in the garage, wind chill is 0 outside the garage.

Which incidentally makes it very tough to smoke a prime rib for Christmas ...

Edit to add - I want to put a heater in my garage. I got a couple quotes though and both came in at around $5k. Crazy. Can't afford that. So looking for alternative solutions. But that's a want, not a need. So who knows if it'll ever happen

In South dakota we store the bbq in the garage, pull it out to cook while sitting in the much warmer garage. 20 in the garage, wind chill is 0 outside the garage.
I see. I did not initially understand that was the procedure. I got the sense you were BBQ'ing inside the garage, since the pic of the BBQ did not indicate its location and it appeared that BBQ Buddy was inside the garage. I assumed the two were co-located....
Which incidentally makes it very tough to smoke a prime rib for Christmas ...
Indeed...
Edit to add - I want to put a heater in my garage. I got a couple quotes though and both came in at around $5k. Crazy. Can't afford that. So looking for alternative solutions. But that's a want, not a need. So who knows if it'll ever happen
Have you considered portable parabolic radiant space heaters?
Several of them strategically located within the garage should make it cozy.
Being electric, ventilation is not necessary nor required...
For $155 each, you could buy quite a few before you ever got near $5,000.
The ex uses a couple in her garage to keep her pet bunnies cozy during the dreary, Washington winters on the Kitsap Peninsula.

1676163975288.png

I see. I did not initially understand that was the procedure. I got the sense you were BBQ'ing inside the garage, since the pic of the BBQ did not indicate its location and it appeared that BBQ Buddy was inside the garage. I assumed the two were co-located....

Indeed...

Have you considered portable parabolic radiant space heaters?
Several of them strategically located within the garage should make it cozy.
Being electric, ventilation is not necessary nor required...
For $155 each, you could buy quite a few before you ever got near $5,000.
The ex uses a couple in her garage to keep her pet bunnies cozy during the dreary, Washington winters on the Kitsap Peninsula.

View attachment 1363966

My current tentative plan is to see about pulling wire from panel up to attic and across to garage then putting in something like this hanging from ceiling.

I also need to insulate attic above garage. Doors are fine, walls have insulation but nothing at all above the garage. The electric panel is on the opposite side of the house in the basement though. More than that though, no open slots in the panel. So not sure right now.

None of the Dakotas are for the weary. My brother lives in N Dakota and when we are cold here (30 degrees) he's routinely 50-60 colder. Makes me fell like less of a man when I complain about being cold, LOL. My excuse for being cold is that the chemo I take daily lowers my blood pressure as well as internal heating ability.

None of the Dakotas are for the weary. My brother lives in N Dakota and when we are cold here (30 degrees) he's routinely 50-60 colder. Makes me fell like less of a man when I complain about being cold, LOL. My excuse for being cold is that the chemo I take daily lowers my blood pressure as well as internal heating ability.
LOL! My Dad was in the Navy in WW2. Grew up in the Depression.

My entire LIFE he never said he was COLD.

He said it was just "Fresh".

The Greatest Generation.

LOL! My Dad was in the Navy in WW2. Grew up in the Depression.

My entire LIFE he never said he was COLD.

He said it was just "Fresh".

The Greatest Generation.
The Greatest Generation, for darn sure! Just wish the subsequent ones were progressing and not "progressive". A little while back I was whining about being cold at work and looked at where my brother was and did some math. He was 70 degrees colder than where I was. Truth be told, that's the "feels like" temps. But, if you tell me it's 20 degrees outside but feels like negative 15, I'm dressing for the -15!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top