JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm very new to reloading and I have a friend that wants to unload his entire reloading set up which includes:

Dillon Progressive (550 I think)
Scales
RCBS Rock Chucker
Probably 5 -7 dies.

What would be a good deal on all this stuff together? He wants me to come up with a price to offer him and I have no idea what any of this stuff is worth other than looking up new prices.

Thanks for any help.

If he is a GOOD friend full retail.
Just kidding. Dillon retail prices hold pretty good for used equipment unless it is in bad shape.
The other items probably 50% to 60% of retail if in good condition and functions.
If he is looking for quick cash this would be more than fair. IMHO

500.00 would be a good price for you, 600.00 a good price for him,however if he has conversion kits for each die set,that price is an easy hundred bucks low.Dillon presses require a conversion set for each caliber altho some pieces will interchange.

If you are new to reloading, examine what you wish to load and if the expenditure for the Dillon is even going to be worth it. I use my single stage press for 95% of my reloading (even the pistol stuff) and my progressive sits idle, mostly due to the setup time and effort required. Unless you often gear up to load several hundred of rounds in a single sitting the Dillon may be more than you will need ever. My last used Rockchucker was like $40.00 2 years ago at a garage sale. Also note that the Rockchucker has been through several revisions and an older one shouldn't cost as much, especially from a buddy.

If I were to offer any advise to someone starting to reload it would be to buy the RCBS Rockchucker Supreme kit, new or used, and use it for a couple thousand rounds before worrying about upgrading anything. Keep it simple basic and clean until you have enough experience to have a real opinion on the subject apart from asking others.

I tell ya landcruiser,the set up time on my 650 is worth it when you start running it and 10 minutes later you're loading more primers. I'm slow and I drop out 3-400 rounds an hour easy.
I would guess you could get 300 with the 550 after you got good.
But I can't disagree with the starting with a rock chucker.
If you have the money and get it at a good deal,foreseeing you will step up to progressive,I would get it

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top