JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So everyone always posts pictures of their firearms, places etc and wondered what do you all use as your go to cameras. I am a photo-buff but use pretty simple means.

I use a Nikon D60 Gold Edition, its like the one in the picture except I have a full rubber water resistant case on it. Bunch lenses and filters. on of the first digital cameras with 18-55mm VR to stabilize the photo( less blur). Has 10.2MP CCD sensor, with lenses does well. Its just like anyone that has the D40 with a few upgrades. Had it since summer 2008 they were pricey when they came out got a nice package setup on Amazon for 579.00 has been a trusted camera for 8 years so far and sturdy as a rock. We have other new cameras, even smart phones have higher pixels. But this camera seem to mix the use of film technology and digitals slr very well. Holds allot of pictures and has a host of professional options. I have done stop motion shots well with it, it doe snot have the new modern viewers so is more like the older film cameras with a digital edge.

nikon-d60-8.jpg

nikon-d60-8.jpg

Nikon D300s, don't like zooms so 35mm, 50mm, 60mm macro, and 85mm lenses. I drive a Phase One 44 megapixel medium format at work so it's a busman's holiday to take pix at home, so often resort to the iPhone...

For decades, I explored dozens of countries (mil & civilian) with clunky metal SLR bodies and various lenses swinging from a strap around my neck. And I have 100+ carousel reels of Kodachrome and Ektachrome 35mm slides in my basement to show for it. Whatever gear was current and sturdy at the time - Contaflex, 2 Canons and a Nikomat (spelled correctly - look it up). I just plain wore them out.

When I moved back to Oregon in 2002, I switched to pocket size digital cams. And then to iPhones in about 2010. It's sooo much handier to always have a camera wherever I go. Latest gadget I got for Xmas is a waterproof case for the phone/camera, so I can get pics in my boats without worrying about owning a soggy $400 paperweight.

This is just one man's solution. I don't delude myself for a moment that the quality of my pocket snapshot toy is remotely in the same league as a real camera. But I'm surprised sometimes at the results, and, at this point in my life, I feel extremely happy (liberated actually) with the handiness of something that's always in my hip pocket.

When I retire in a couple years and do the extended US/Canadian road trip thing with my sweetheart, I'll invest again in a nice camera and a couple sharp lenses. Unless my iPhone 17 takes better images.

I've been shooting SLR's since I was about 10. My wife and I shot wedding photos and portraits on the side for about 7 years - retired from that about 10 years ago. About the same time, I switched to digital. Whereas I was mostly a Pentax guy for my film cameras, I switched over and I've owned 3 Canon DSLR's. The current is a Canon T4i with 18-55EFS IS and 135-270EFS IS lenses as well as a fixed 50mm AF lens. Also have a Canon SX230HS compact camera I use quite a bit too. Numerous SD memory cards. For post processing, I use Adobe Lightroom, processing RAW format files.

For the most part, the DSLR doesn't come out much any more. I got tired of lugging it around, so the Canon compact does a lot of my shooting. I tend to save the DSLR for the most important shots.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top