JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You're likely going to be looking at an NVR system marketed to small businesses, such as Swann.

I suspect "affordable" actually means "cheap". In this arena, prepare to be disappointed if you want something that's going to work when you need it to.

anyone know a good and affordable camera system (a wired system), not those buIIshlt wifi or bluetooth , smart phone crap.

looking for one that is only 100% wired, and does not have wireless capabilities.

thanks
I use your so called wireless bullshlt crap. Have 5 cameras covering entire property and it's been a godsend. Have caughtbintuders including one guy trying to break in. Have taken one of them to a property 4 hours away and I know instantly if any one is around cuz it alerts my phone. But you have your mind made up so good luck.

Lorex has a lot of options, both wired and wireless and you can buy everything from an individual camera to complete systems. I don't know what your definition of affordable is, however if I recall I paid a few hundred for a 4 camera system that's been going issue free for about 5 years. They often have deep discount holiday sales, too however you just missed the 4th sale and I don't know when the next one will be. Maybe labor day? You probably don't feel like waiting 2 months

anyone know a good and affordable camera system (a wired system), not those buIIshlt wifi or bluetooth , smart phone crap.

looking for one that is only 100% wired, and does not have wireless capabilities.

thanks
I have one hard wired system, 8 camera's that uses the old style analog cables. When it finally dies it will get replaced with the newer version that use CAT5 cable instead. The one I have is called Amcrest but if you look at places like Amazon they have a bunch of these. I suspect they all come out of some factory in China with a different name stamped on them. There is no WiFi and the systems are self contained. The DVR on mine came with 1TB so it records for 7 days before it starts to loop over old stuff. Many of them now have 3 TB drives so it would get several weeks. All of them allow you to see them from a phone as long as you have internet at home. They plug directly into a router. When I go with the CAT5 version will buy one of the hand tools to make your own cable. Pretty simple and that way you make your cables the length you need for each camera. They can all be set up to alert you to motion if you wish. As much as I dislike Jeff I recommend buying from Amazon as if there is any problem they just give you your money back. Look at what they have and pick one in the price range you like. This stuff is pennies on the dollar what they were a short time ago.

I use your so called wireless bullshlt crap. Have 5 cameras covering entire property and it's been a godsend. Have caughtbintuders including one guy trying to break in. Have taken one of them to a property 4 hours away and I know instantly if any one is around cuz it alerts my phone. But you have your mind made up so good luck.
I have wondered for a while if the "take" on these wiFi systems is the provider used for your home net? I have had several WiFi systems that ended up in the dumpster or returned. Arlo was one of the bigger name ones. Bought one, it was damn nice, no wires and all. So nice I later bought 2 more. Then all of a sudden they stopped working. Was able to factory re-set them once all was good for a while and they up and just quit again. This time factory re set would no longer work. One I could still get my money back, couple others I had kept too long. So I bought some Amazon makes. Same thing. At first great so I bought several. All of a sudden they too just quit. Same thing, factory re-set. After multiple times doing this I gave up and tossed them. Then bought a 4 camera with PTZ that was wireless. Same thing, it went back. Bought another with WiFi cameras it worked so bought 4 more camera's. It soon quit but, it had the ability to be plugged directly into the router. Just the camera's are WiFi to their own DVR. Now it just works. I have concast here as its still pretty much only choice. It seems to not want to play well with other peoples stuff if that's possible? :confused:
All the systems I have given up on get great reviews from others so concast is the only thing I can think of that is the problem here. Have had the same results with WiFi extenders. Have tried a few and they would work for a while and just quit. Only constant I can see is my damn provider but I know so little of how this all works don't know if that's what it really wrong or not.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top