JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok so I am looking at ar15's… what are good brands? I'm mainly looking at a plinker an some once in awhile small game shooting (nutes, coyotes bunny). I'm looking at 5.56 in a 16" barrel. Also would prefer a flat top so I could add some optics eventually. Another feature I would like is the adjustable stock so my lady can adjust it to fit her! I would like to keep this rifle as cheap as I can! Suggestions would be great!

After you use the search feature and read many of the 134,349,387 thread on this exact topic on this site, then if you have some more specific questions I would be glad to help out.

be very careful when purchasing your first black rifle, you will shortly be afflicted with the dreaded black rifle disease of which there is nor cure but can be treated with multiple purchases of more black rifles and attachments, welcome to the dark side, take a look at the Olympic Arms plinker model, good basic platform with a lifetime warranty,

Please search, Since you are looking for cheap AR, go with M&P. Cheap yet dependable.

I don't eve know why we even have rifle/shotgun section. Everyone post on general thread anyways. :huh:

Curt's Discount shooters supply in Gladstone had for awhile a AR15 shooters package for $600 out the door. I cant remember the brand, prob Del-ton,Olympic arms etc but it had Magpul furniture and came with 2 mags and a soft case. That is probably the best deal you will find on an entry level black rifle! Do ALOT of research before you buy if you are particular at all. All the information you will ever need to know is at your fingertips, you just to spend time learning and understanding what is available and would best suit your needs. Good luck!

Curt's Discount shooters supply in Gladstone had for awhile a AR15 shooters package for $600 out the door. I cant remember the brand, prob Del-ton,Olympic arms etc but it had Magpul furniture and came with 2 mags and a soft case. That is probably the best deal you will find on an entry level black rifle! Do ALOT of research before you buy if you are particular at all. All the information you will ever need to know is at your fingertips, you just to spend time learning and understanding what is available and would best suit your needs. Good luck!
It's an SAA build, upper and lower. Great piece of kit.

Start with a basic AR to learn with. It should hold it's value around $600. Then you can build on that rifle or upgrade with a new one as you learn what works for you. There are an overload of choices, options to pick from.

It's a DTI (Delton) complete factory upper w/ a Mega Machine lower, DPMS lower parts kit. A good solid first rifle, that will hold it's value unless abused. This is a kit rifle made from mil spec parts. The upper is factory assembled, headspaced and test fired. The lower and parts are standard mil spec and are assembled with some minor fitting. Makes for a reasonably priced rifle. From this point you can spend $1000s, It's just a good place to start.

I always recommend people build their first AR. Cheap, get what you want, and you get intimate with it. I started with a Del-Ton kit and have never regretted it.

If I had it to do over again (getting my first AR) I would go to Curt's and get his pre made entry level SAA build. He stands behind his stuff. Really can't go wrong with a 600 doll hair AR for your first one. Once you get the fully developed case of the disease known as black rifle, you will start to build your second, then third, etc...

I second purchasing the kit from Curt's. I just got one on Monday and shot it today. Great, accurate, comfortable to shoot. For the price I think it's the best deal out there. One thing is, purchase the P-mags, they are way better than the metal ones.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top