JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looking at ideas for a good compact CC.... PROS and CONS of each please

Just looking for suggestions as to what I should look at before i decide on JUST one (lol) I Like to check all my options and find the best fit for me and my tiny budget.

Thinking bout:

Ruger lc9 or maybe lcp (bout leaning towards the 9)
Ruger sr9c (I got a sr9 full size but not sure it will be a good "deep cover" CC)
Glock 19
Maybe a small .357
Keltec pf9 (heard of several failure to fires! so prob not going with this one)
S&W sheild
Maybe other options....?

As usual just looking for the best bang for my buck and still have a RELIABLE CC gun. Suggestions and experiences with your fav compact cc?

Thanks!
Muddslinger,
Stop screwin' around...

<broken link removed>

:buttrock:

Dean

I like my Sig 238
10 yards 6 shots with PMC 95gr. Starfire HP's
003482.JPG

Having now properly proven in my Sig P938, it has taken it place as a daily for all seasons. This little pistol is simply fantastic, very accurate for what it is, very comfortable to shoot (aside from +P Gold Dots, which downgrade it to tolerable) and is now a perfect 420 for 420 following a couple feed issues with Wally World Win White box on day one. The Win just wouldn't cycle reliably at first, the 115 now does fine with the recoil spring broken in. The 124gr Speer Lawman is my favorite plinker ammo now, and it does the best job of the cheap stuff of simulating the Gold Dots. That said, it happily eats UMC, Blazer, and a few others without complaint, haven't found an "unusable" load yet. The trigger continues to improve with each day shooting, need to measure the pull yet though. The only thing I want for it now is the stainless trigger upgrade, as soon as those are back in production my little Nightmare will be perfect :s0155:
IMG_1862.jpg

IMG_1862.jpg

Kahr P9 9mm- Lightweight, single stack, so thin, I wear concealed, and very comfortable, and very concealable. I have found it to be really reliable, not one problem with it, have had it for about 6 years.

Have a PF9 and no complaints.
However I picked up a Rohrbaugh R9s and now the PF9 just sits in the safe.
The R9s does not appeal to some folks.
They are expensive, they don't have a slide release and they don't have a conventional mag release.
They go through recoil springs quickly.
They are slightly smaller than a PF9 so depending upon how important size is to your situation you may want to consider them.

If you're not one of those guys who must own "one of everything at one time or another just because it's fun," then your research should include actually firing anything you consider buying.

They're few and far bewteen, but I've fired (and owned) more than a few highly recommended firearms that I realized I just didn't like.

Unless you're in a huge hurry to grab up something with big magazines (before you can't anymore), do this... Directly experience the weight, balance, feel, accuracy, reliability, features, cost of ammo, comfort, etc., etc.

Borrow or rent if you have to. Nothing sucks like trying to sleep after a day at the range, finally shooting something you bought from a stranger 2 weeks ago, and realizing that it's "just not your pistol." Daaamn.

Know something about your next gun/investment besides what other people have to say about it.

Gotten pretty fond of my LCP with LaserMax. Small hands so it's comfortable to shoot and I like the controls. It's was my first polymer framed pistol and I'm sold. Given its sites and near bottom of the power food chain I think that without the laser I might opt for a small axe. It has been very reliable!

Ruger LCP .380! Really small, comfortable and mine is very reliable. Mine came with the LazerMax, which IMO more than makes up for the puny cartridge. Feel like Doc Holliday on A good day, shooting with the lazer! Be sure to practice without the lazer too, if you buy one. It's been about 10mo. but I paid $365 at Keith's including the lazerMax! Good luck!

PS: Sorry, forgot I had already posted! Hey, I'm old!

Last Edited:
Carried my SIG 228 and more often then that my S&W Sigma 9mm. However, the wife wanted the .380 bodyguard for her birthday so I ended up ordering 2 so I could have one to carry as well. Like a previous poster said, .380 gets knocked a lot, but well placed rounds are usually more effective. And in the summer, the 9's are a bit bulky. Just my $.02

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top