JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a LCR in 357 and my wife has a SP101 in 357. Both are 100% reliable. The LCR is much lighter and a bit easier to carry but that is compared to my SIG229. The both are a handful with full house 357Mags but the LCR's grip is very well made and soaks up the recoil and the weight of the SP101 helps it handle the recoil. I only carry 38spl+P loads for defense but use light 357 loads for practice ( i reload and have a better supply of Mag brass). I say capacity is a con and would recommend practice with any short/compact pistol.
Best of luck!

Out of your list - the Glock 19.

If you want something smaller - the Smith & Wesson M&P 9 Compact. I like the MPc better than the baby Glocks. I'd also consider the XDs .45 if you want small and potent - but you're limited to 5+1 rounds. The M&P9c would have double the round count.

I would rather have a 9x19 than a .380 in any size gun - the 9mm is more potent AND cheaper to shoot. 9's are typically more reliable than .380's also.

I carry a Kahr CM9, the supposedly cheap sister to the PM9. I had a PM40 a few years ago, pretty much the same as the PM9, and the CM9 is every bit as good in terms of accuracy and reliability and concealability, for around $350. Extremely light and small, you forget you have it on. I carry it in a Remora holster or a Crossbreed Supertuck at 4 o'clock and nobody even knows it's there. Also pocket carry it in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster in baggy jeans. The other guns listed here and that are great, too. I also have a Ruger LCP, Springfield XDm 3.8" .45 Compact, an S&W 442, a Tristar C-100 (CZ-75 Compact clone), and a Beretta Tomcat .32. But the overall best package of capacity (6+1), caliber (9mm), width (0.90"), weight (15.9 oz empty), size (4.0" high x 5.42" long), and ease of concealment, I don't see how much beats it. Just my two cents.

I like the Bodyguard .380. Will fit in ANY pocket, including jeans. I looked at the Shield, but it's too big for some of my pockets.

For holster carry, I have the M&P9c in a Crossbreed. Very nice. I put it on, paraded around my family, asked them specifically to see if they saw anything different on my waistline...nothing. Comfortable too.

How does the pm9 compare to the cm9 as far as conceal-ability? Is it close enough to be good for edc in the crossbreed super tuck? Does the super tuck allow you to cc a fullsize without being noticed?

Maybe I should be investing in a good gun belt and a supertuck for my Ruger SR9.

I would recommend my carry setup. Kimber Solo with a Crossbreed minituck holster. I had to remold the kydex on the holster to fit since Crossbreed doesn't make a holster for the Solo that I know of yet. It's a very comfortable system and is hardly noticeable that you are wearing it and doesn't print at all. The other gun I would suggest is the Sig P938 in a Crossbreed as well. Good luck with your search.

The PM9 and CM9 are essentially the same gun in terms of size, dimensions, etc, with the following differences. 1) CM9 is less rounded but still no-snag. 2) It has a conventionally rifled barrel vs the PM9's polygonal rifling. 3) The front sight is staked vs the PM9s dovetailed front sight. 4) The CM9 has an MIM slide-stop vs the PM9s milled slide stop. But in terms of concealment, accuracy, reliability, etc, I think it's every boy as good as the PM40 that I had.

The PM9 and CM9 are essentially the same gun in terms of size, dimensions, etc, with the following differences. 1) CM9 is less rounded but still no-snag. 2) It has a conventionally rifled barrel vs the PM9's polygonal rifling. 3) The front sight is staked vs the PM9s dovetailed front sight. 4) The CM9 has an MIM slide-stop vs the PM9s milled slide stop. But in terms of concealment, accuracy, reliability, etc, I think it's every boy as good as the PM40 that I had.

Hey Mr SynapticSilence - I took your advice and got a CM9 awhile back. It is everything you say it is, great piece. Here is one question: I've noticed some of my 7-round mags do not feed as well. Mostly have a problem if I try to load 7+1. Any thoughts on the 7 rd mags, or do you just run 6 rd?

I just run the 6-round mags and carry an extra 6-round mag as backup. That's 13 rounds and I figure if that isn't enough I'm history anyway. I haven't tried the 7-round ones, but it could be the longer mag springs might not be up to pushing the follower up fast enough to keep up with the really short and rapid-cycling slide action on such a small semi-auto, especially with higher power ammo. Best guess. Maybe look on the Kahr forum to see if anyone there has the problem.

I've carried a small S&W 3914 (its a single stack 9mm) for years IWB and love it. Recently purchased a Ruger LC9 for pocket carry. I wanted options for lighter weight Summer clothing and business dress that have limited my CC in the past. Haven't owned it long but recently ordered a Remora holster for it and am looking forward to testing it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I swap out my Crossbreed Supertuck with a Remora Holster if I don't have to tuck my shirt in. The thing sits on my 4 o'clock all day with the Remora and never shifts. It's really comfortable, too, since you don't have the thickness of both leather and Kydex, just the holster itself. There's a similar holster called Sticky Holster that's even thinner. My wife has one for her S&W 442 that seems to work equally as we'll as the Remora. But both Crossbreed and Remora holsters fit the bill web it comes to comfort+concealability.

Kimber pro year round iwb

Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II for me, in a Crossbreed Super Tuck, year round. Before that it was a Kahr P45, also in a Crossbreed Super Tuck. Before that a Taurus PT-145, again a Crossbreed.
See a trend? A .45 in a Crossbreed Super Tuck.
I'm not a big person either at 5'-11" and 185#'s and 66 yrs old. I don't intend to go hand to hand with anyone.

Kahr PM9 in a thin kydex pocket holster from FIST. It does not add extra bulk like leather pocket holsters do. I added a Agrip and a grip extension to the mag. I don't like having to wrap my pinky under the mag. The Kahr is a great little gun.

Kahr-RR-holster.jpg

380 - LCP
9mm - Shield, PM9, Walther PPS, or Glock 26

Bottom line, whatever you are comfortable carrying. I am pretty big, but most of the time find anything bulkier than the PPS/Shield is just too big. With winter clothes I can handle an H&K 45 compact. Learned over time that a stiff/gun BELT is critical as is a quality IWB holster.

+100 on all points. I love my sub glocks....but the Kahr pm40 is carried 99 percent of the time.

I've been carrying a Beretta Nano for the past year now and absolutely love it. It's thin, light, and very comfortable. It does not like cheap target ammo(Rem/UMC, Federal, or Win White Box.), but the S&B fmj or jhp rds are hotter and cycle just fine for practice. For everyday carry, I keep it full of Hornady XTP'S. It's an ugly little gun, but it has become one of my favorites.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top