JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
LOL...was just thinking about something my father always used to tell me when I started talking nonsense - he would always tell me "Shut up, your ignorance is showing".

(Sorry Dnaltrop, was typing while you posted....was in reference to the Fry picture)

I can easily see how someone could own hundreds of firearms given the financial ability to do so. There is a long list of handguns I would like to own. Some I would like to own but can't see justifying, like a Sig P210. Very expensive and beautifully made. Same with the larger Sphinx models. And I'd like a Sig P220 Match Stainless Elite .45 but doubt I'll buy one again due to cost. And then there are a bunch of specialty higher-end revolvers like the S&W 460XVR or Chiappa Rhino that would be fun to own and shoot.

I think the next real acquisition on my list will be a Sig P938 when they come out. Looks like it might be a nice carry piece.

Its a great gun, if you have awesome shot placement (unlike me) then lack of magazine capacity is no problem, but I was thinking Id rather have something more modern with a double stacked magazine. I was just surprised the 1911 was such a big handgun, but only had an 8 round capacity, seems they could of fit another 7 rounds or so if they made the grip wider to fit in a double-stacked magazine.

yeah, someone should get on that right away....

oh, wait....

As far as the 5.7, no one yet seems massively impressed by the round...

I have a couple of pistols on my "short" list :

Sig Sauer P220
S&W Model 29
A custom 1911 (Wilson, Ed Brown, Nighthawk, Les Baer, etc.)
Kahr PM40
Springfield XDm .40c

My list could go on and on, even though I already have a somewhat significant collection... You can never have too many ;)

My short list looks something like this:

CZ 75 B or BD, not sure on the exact model yet.
Single action 45 Long Colt, again not sure on which one

There are a couple of older, less popular models I hope to find this year:

Taurus model 83 - .38 sp. My first handgun I bought in the mid 80's was a Taurus .38, the model 83 is as close as I can recall it being.
Higgins model 80 - No real reason, I like the looks and it was made by High Standard
A Tokarev - Again no real reason other than I like plinking!

Don

About AP handgun rounds or about the ATF sting operation?

ehh.....this thread is about guns you want to own not laws but here, this kinda translates the other link to english from legalese rec.guns FAQ: II.G.1. Federal Law and AP Ammunition

Guessing there's one or four buried somewhere on here already, but guess we could start a debunking thread " Firearms Law and You", or "how not to listen to what people think the law is and to look it up yourself (or ask a lawyer)" :p
http://www.recguns.com/Sources/IIG1.html

Handguns I want...

DSCN2256.jpg
Vltor Fortis, 10mm

attachment.php?attachmentid=3276&stc=1&d=1138493090.jpg
Ruger Super Redhawk, Alaskan .454 Casull

Ruger%20ssi62287%20copy.jpg
Ruger SR9-C 9mm (probably the only 9mm I would ever own)

IMG_0976C.jpg
S&W 432PD .32H&R Mag

Next on my list is probably a Sig Sauer P238 in .380 auto for concealed carry during the summer months because it's smaller than my XDm 9mm compact. I know .380 isn't the best defensive caliber for bringing a threat down, but it should be effective enough to sting a bad guy hard enough to give me the opportunity to get away and that's as much as I need

Hey just a heads up Sig is coming out with a P938 just like the P238 but it is 9mm. I already have my name on the list.

Hard to go wrong with a CZ. Warning though; they're addictive!

I had just gotten my first handgun - a CZ75B. Absolute in love with it. There are quick a few more on my mind now (in no particular order)

- CZ 75 SP-01 / P-01 (modern version of the 75B)
- SIG P220 based - P220/5/6/8/9
- Kimber / Colt 1911
- AK-15 doesn't do anything for me but I am sooooo drawn to the HK MP5A3

To add to my (short) list, I would LOVE to have an original Bren Ten...It looked just like the one in the picture. I'd also love to have some of the original 10mm ammo for it.

Ditto, but I actually would spend money on a Fortis because I would actually shoot and carry the darn thing. FYI the Fortis was suppossed to be a clone of the Bren Ten but never fully made it to production. They strung people along as if they swindled their investors (even posted prototypes at the shot show) for years with no updates.

<broken link removed>

I am getting a fiveseven next, been wanting one for a while but with their high cost to own and shoot and hard to reload have bought to many other toys instead.
They do come with 20 round mags but they can be upgraded to 30, however 30 round mags are a bit unreliable.

I would also like an MP5
and a AM180 .22lr conversion for my M11

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class