JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't know how some people collect 30+ firearms but my dad has easily 15+ and I have a few that I want, I'd like to own a M1 Carbine, Kalishnikov (AK-47) maybe an M1 Garand, a double-stacked .45 ACP handgun, and perhaps a conceal carry "Oh bubblegum!" gun with double stacked .45 ACP's in the magazine, that would probably be the most useful in terms of self-defense and ending a confrontation rather quickly.

But the gun that I want really bad, but won't be able to afford until I can start up my training and doing work for money, is the FiveseveN.

I was describing it to a police officer that I would just love to own a FiveseveN with a 30 round magazine. Low recoil, so you can place several rounds accurately across a good distance, a very healthy magazine capacity for a handgun, just lots of things I love about the weapon. The only thing I don't like is if you buy the rounds in individual boxes you have to pay around $.50 a shot which is pricey for a round that is so small.

He then asked why I would need something with that much firepower, and I just said you can't go overboard on firepower when it comes to small arms, if you can make it through the initial exchange of bullets, having more firepower on hand can be really helpful if you are caught in a bad situation as opposed to not having enough.

Im planning a trip to Tucson Arizona for spring break (yes I know Im the oldest college student who doesn't have his 4 year yet) Im going to put several hundred rounds through my Beretta M9 since I haven't fired it in a long time (mainly due to lack of income and $18 booth rental fees at local firing rangers). Atleast the 9x19 is a cheap round to shoot.

I fired a 1911, my biggest beef was it was its lack of magazine capacity. I was also firing reloads and would have to have my thumb ready to finish pushing the slide the rest of the way forward to chamber another round. One time it bit me and cut my thumb pretty good, because I had my thumb behind the slide ready to push it back into place, prior to firing the round. Guess I wasn't thinking about the action of a semi-automatic, but at the same time it wasn't my gun so I wasn't use to it and firing reloads that don't chamber a new round all the way.

Its a great gun, if you have awesome shot placement (unlike me) then lack of magazine capacity is no problem, but I was thinking Id rather have something more modern with a double stacked magazine. I was just surprised the 1911 was such a big handgun, but only had an 8 round capacity, seems they could of fit another 7 rounds or so if they made the grip wider to fit in a double-stacked magazine.

On the other hand if I lived in the Democratic Peoples Republik of Kalifornia which limits guns to only a 10 round magazine capacity, I would gladly get it.

Next on my list is probably a Sig Sauer P238 in .380 auto for concealed carry during the summer months because it's smaller than my XDm 9mm compact. I know .380 isn't the best defensive caliber for bringing a threat down, but it should be effective enough to sting a bad guy hard enough to give me the opportunity to get away and that's as much as I need

It is easy to collect 30+ firearms. If it is your one true "hobby", you can pass 30 quickly. I believe the 5.7 comes with 20 round mags, but still a lot of firepower. The police don't like it because it can zip right through armor. The 5.7 is a cool round and a matching AR upper wouldn't hurt. My pistol that is not yet in my possession, only my dreams, is a S&W 586 3". I would also give a kidney for a S&W Elmer Keith commemorative Model 29 or a good working C.O.P. .357 mag. Also, a lot of other guns that I could list for hours. Kip

Yea I was talking about the FiveseveN to my Criminal justice teacher and he is a former police officer of something like 21 years, and he kept asking "Why aren't these things illegal?", the idea that a civillian could have a handgun with much more firepower than the police officers service pistol. On the other hand they carry AR-15's in the trunk of their cars so civilians need all the firepower they can get their hands on.
The cop I was talking about it to, didn't seem to like the idea of me having superior firepower to his service gun, he was carrying a glock-23 if Im not mistaken, but yea the AP rounds for the FiveseveN could easily zip through his light body armor. Most cops don't wear the type of body armor required to stop the AP round of the FiveseveN, but the AP rounds I think are really expensive and hard to come by.

All I know is the Secret Service I think uses both the Sig P228 and the FiveseveN. I don't know much about the Sig I hear those are really popular guns but I don't know what features make them a better gun than other more well known brands.

When I told a police officer about the Beretta M9 I owned, he told me my gun was (whats another term for a womans lady parts?) was when I need something with significantly more firepower if Im going to talk guns with people who carry everyday and wear bodyarmor.

Edit: Where would I find L191 rounds or SS190 for a FiveseveN?

Man I wish I had $930 to spend before I go out to Arizona.
http://www.gunsamerica.com/90485780...even/FN_FIVE_SEVEN_USG_5_7X28MM_20RD_BLFC.htm
Looks like Ill be plinking with the Beretta

Everyone with a Deer rifle has more firepower then a cop.

The handgun I want next is a Ruger Blackhawk in .30M1 followed by a Ruger Bearcat in .22lr

Im a James Bond fan, I like the Walther PPK, plus I think its the same firearm that Eva Braun and Hitler committed suicide with. It fires such a weak round though, that for a conceal carry gun Id rather have a glock 30. Once I went out shooting and we shot atleast a dozen guns, its pretty annoying to have to come back with a full workload of cleaning out 12 different rifles and handguns after a single outing, So I'd prefer to keep only guns that I plan on shooting regularly, and not ones strictly for collection purposes.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top