JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
+1 on the CZ... I got a chance to play with one a while back and it was amazing. I'm sure they make a variant with irons, too.
I actually liked it so much I picked up a CZ 455 Trainer (because I'm still a newb and need to practice with the .22lr before I can bring the heavy)

Here is an example of what the Ruger looks like with irons on.
I know this is the rimfire model, its just an example tho:)

R_RUGER AMERICAN 17HMR .JPG
ruger.jpg

+1 on the I bolt. Really nice rifles for the price! For a more serious rifle that gets used and is light enough to hump all day up hill, the Tikka T-3 light is unbeatable, and accuracy is better then most factory rifles out there! Have you had the chance to look into a few pawn shops? might find a good deal on a nice rifle with sights all ready installed! If your in the beaverton/aloha area, there is a good pawn shop on T.V. hy just before 185th next to the donut shop, they had a really nice 03 Springfield .30/06 with Redfield Irons on it and looked to be a new barrel with very little use! I think the price was around $400 for it, they also had a Remington 600 series with the shark fin irons in .308 win with a scope mount set. That is one of the best lept secrets out there for a fun and very usefull rifle. Price was about what could be expected $700 used, but it looked brand new inside and out!

Thanks for all the extra info!

I'm afraid realistically, price has to be a concern here, if only from the point of it being a fun gun and not being able to justify too much into it.
I didn't know about that pawn shop, i guess more specifically, i also didn't know about the 03 Springfield being affordable! I think that might be something that i'm very interested in, though i know little actual detail about them.

@ogre, i'm trying to stay away from that kind of calibre if i can help it, thanks.

@Ura-Ki Plz tell me more about this Remington 600. I love them! Is this pawn shop one you frequent? Can you take a photo or two of it.....
Kinda funny the blue book is always kinda low on them to!

That's Cut Above Pawn that I occasionally post pics of my finds (recently posted about the French MAS). They get interesting stuff. I'll see if they still have it the next time I stop by.

Thanks for all the extra info!

I'm afraid realistically, price has to be a concern here, if only from the point of it being a fun gun and not being able to justify too much into it.
I didn't know about that pawn shop, i guess more specifically, i also didn't know about the 03 Springfield being affordable! I think that might be something that i'm very interested in, though i know little actual detail about them.

@ogre, i'm trying to stay away from that kind of calibre if i can help it, thanks.

OK, but the 30-40, the 30-06, and the .308 are all the same caliber. ;)

30-40 krag is the same as 30.06 and .308 That doesn't make sense.

I think you must mean they're all 30 cal, which is right, but what i mean is whether they use the same ammunition, literally.

30-40 krag is the same as 30.06 and .308 That doesn't make sense.

I think you must mean they're all 30 cal, which is right, but what i mean is whether they use the same ammunition, literally.
No. Bad JuJu trying to mix. .30/40 is the oldest, and getting hard to find good blamo for. .30/06 is much more powerful and a bit longer.
.308 is a short version of .30/06 with almost the same power. I would advise something in ether .308 (7.62X51NATO) Or .30/06 (7.62X63) over the old .30/40 or a step off from the mil spec cal would be a .243 win, easy to find and very soft recoil, while still plenty of power if the hunting bug were to bite you!

I have 8 1903 and 03a3, a few original, mostly sporterized guns. They are fairly smooth. If the sights are done well and you are looking for a good compromise between cost and smoothness, that might be just the ticket.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top