JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
+1 on the CZ... I got a chance to play with one a while back and it was amazing. I'm sure they make a variant with irons, too.
I actually liked it so much I picked up a CZ 455 Trainer (because I'm still a newb and need to practice with the .22lr before I can bring the heavy)

Here is an example of what the Ruger looks like with irons on.
I know this is the rimfire model, its just an example tho:)

R_RUGER AMERICAN 17HMR .JPG
ruger.jpg

+1 on the I bolt. Really nice rifles for the price! For a more serious rifle that gets used and is light enough to hump all day up hill, the Tikka T-3 light is unbeatable, and accuracy is better then most factory rifles out there! Have you had the chance to look into a few pawn shops? might find a good deal on a nice rifle with sights all ready installed! If your in the beaverton/aloha area, there is a good pawn shop on T.V. hy just before 185th next to the donut shop, they had a really nice 03 Springfield .30/06 with Redfield Irons on it and looked to be a new barrel with very little use! I think the price was around $400 for it, they also had a Remington 600 series with the shark fin irons in .308 win with a scope mount set. That is one of the best lept secrets out there for a fun and very usefull rifle. Price was about what could be expected $700 used, but it looked brand new inside and out!

Thanks for all the extra info!

I'm afraid realistically, price has to be a concern here, if only from the point of it being a fun gun and not being able to justify too much into it.
I didn't know about that pawn shop, i guess more specifically, i also didn't know about the 03 Springfield being affordable! I think that might be something that i'm very interested in, though i know little actual detail about them.

@ogre, i'm trying to stay away from that kind of calibre if i can help it, thanks.

@Ura-Ki Plz tell me more about this Remington 600. I love them! Is this pawn shop one you frequent? Can you take a photo or two of it.....
Kinda funny the blue book is always kinda low on them to!

That's Cut Above Pawn that I occasionally post pics of my finds (recently posted about the French MAS). They get interesting stuff. I'll see if they still have it the next time I stop by.

Thanks for all the extra info!

I'm afraid realistically, price has to be a concern here, if only from the point of it being a fun gun and not being able to justify too much into it.
I didn't know about that pawn shop, i guess more specifically, i also didn't know about the 03 Springfield being affordable! I think that might be something that i'm very interested in, though i know little actual detail about them.

@ogre, i'm trying to stay away from that kind of calibre if i can help it, thanks.

OK, but the 30-40, the 30-06, and the .308 are all the same caliber. ;)

30-40 krag is the same as 30.06 and .308 That doesn't make sense.

I think you must mean they're all 30 cal, which is right, but what i mean is whether they use the same ammunition, literally.

30-40 krag is the same as 30.06 and .308 That doesn't make sense.

I think you must mean they're all 30 cal, which is right, but what i mean is whether they use the same ammunition, literally.
No. Bad JuJu trying to mix. .30/40 is the oldest, and getting hard to find good blamo for. .30/06 is much more powerful and a bit longer.
.308 is a short version of .30/06 with almost the same power. I would advise something in ether .308 (7.62X51NATO) Or .30/06 (7.62X63) over the old .30/40 or a step off from the mil spec cal would be a .243 win, easy to find and very soft recoil, while still plenty of power if the hunting bug were to bite you!

I have 8 1903 and 03a3, a few original, mostly sporterized guns. They are fairly smooth. If the sights are done well and you are looking for a good compromise between cost and smoothness, that might be just the ticket.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top