Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What we really want to do for the holidays.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dragongirl, Dec 18, 2013.

1. dragongirl

dragongirl Spokane, WA New Member

I think you will all agree that the holiday season SUCKS. We all get frustrated running around spending money on gifts for people we don't care to buy for. In all reality, most of us just want to drink a bottle of Crown Royal and spend the holidays doing acts that would place us on the naughty list. Funny thing is that Santa and his wife would love to take the year off and do the same. Happy Holidays to all of you.

2. Stinkerbelle

Stinkerbelle Tualatin, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Will you marry me?

3. Audrey

Audrey Willamette Valley Active Member

I enjoy the holidays. My employer gives everyone Christmas Eve day through New Years day off, paid, without using vacation time. It's wonderful! This year, because Christmas is on a Wednesday, they're giving us all of next week off -- even more awesome! I dislike all of the people out, but thanks to Amazon and other places offering "free shipping" deals it's not too much of a hassle. I don't buy gifts for people I don't care for; I don't suffer for others' sake in any capacity unless I value them. Period.

Crown Royal is nice, but I prefer Maker's or Macallan. I hope everyone gets to spend the holidays doing naughty acts or whatever entices them most. :)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
    1stIDFMP and (deleted member) like this.
  4. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

Oh come on dragongirl, tell us how you really feel.....Let it out!

5. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

While the herd is busy doing their pre-programmed behavior go do the opposite. Ranges are slow! Relax and get those projects you've put off all year done. Lots of options.

Get trapped in traffic, surrounded by clucking hens at the malls, trying to find just the right gift for some materialistic dimwit? I'll pass.

6. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Right now we're taking a break from Dr's appointments!! Wife doesn't have to go back till Friday for an umbilical hernia, then the next Monday another upper GI! 8 times to the ER and ICU over 15 months and still trying to figure out where the blood she's vomiting is coming from! Luckily we have good insurance as the hospital bills alone are over $300,000 now.

If family doesn't get a present they'll just have to stuff it!! Too much else going on to worry about it!

Deen
    NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
    "Defender of Freedom" award
    NRA Recruiter
    Second Amendment Foundation Member
    Washington Arms Collectors Member
    Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

7. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

I for one am going the no shopping, stick a lasagna in the oven, Crown Royal route.

oknow and (deleted member) like this.
  8. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

I hope your wife gets to feel better soon deen....prayers sent. - simon99

Caveman Jim and (deleted member) like this.
  9. GOG

GOG State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

Prayers inbound deen.

10. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone!

Deen
    NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
    "Defender of Freedom" award
    NRA Recruiter
    Second Amendment Foundation Member
    Washington Arms Collectors Member
    Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Sgt Nambu and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Deen, best wishes to you and your poor wife. We are hoping she gets well soonest! Have a Merry Christmas, try to relax, no dr offices open wed.

Caveman Jim and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

We are taking the easy way out on Christmas day! No feast preparation for us, for the first time! Our favorite restuarant, it's Swiss, is open with a fancy goose dinner and I have reservations. I'm planning to pour a couple tumblers of my favorite Mt Gay Rum and waving the egg nog pitcher near them!

13. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Vancouver Well-Known Member

Been working in my shop, most of the gifts I give I make myself.

Deen-prayers sent for your wife, I hope they get it figured out, and she gets healed.

14. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Prayers to your wife Deen. I have a good friend in the hospital for a week recovering from lung surgery.

15. wichaka

wichaka Wa State Well-Known Member

I have always enjoyed the the Christmas season. I think most folks don't like it, as we seem to place expectations on ourselves about all the things that NEED to be done, thus you get cranky people. When in reality, they don't all really need to be done.

I guess I'm still a kid at heart. Still find the magic in it all. Its still there, just need to get back to what its all about.

Be well Deen...pass along prayers to your wife.

16. idahoan

idahoan Boise, Idaho Active Member

Huh I love the holidays, I only buy/make presents for people that I feel will appreciate them, and I spend time with my wife and kids.

17. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

Best wishes and payers to your wife and you deen. I'm luck everyone is gone so I get to have some peace and quiet till I break it with some shooting.