JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Isn't that illegal without a special tax and permit? - an AOW per BATF?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Firearms_Act

6. Any Other Weapons (AOWs) - this is a broad "catch-all" category used to regulate any number of firearms which the ATF deems deserving of registration and taxation. Examples include, among others:

* Smooth-bore pistols
* Pen guns and cane guns
* Short-barreled firearms with both rifled and smooth bores, etc.
* Disguised firearms
* Firearms that can be fired from within a wallet holster or a briefcase
* A short-barreled shotgun which came from the factory with a pistol grip

I date myself here, but does anyone here remember "The Man From U.N.C.L.E" toys from back in the early '60's? They had the transistor radio that when you pushed the button, the barrel and the stock popped out!

The Magpul video is the real 21st century version of that.

Where are Napoleon Solo and Illyad Kuryakin when we need them! :s0114:

Isn't that illegal without a special tax and permit? - an AOW per BATF?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Firearms_Act

6. Any Other Weapons (AOWs) - this is a broad "catch-all" category used to regulate any number of firearms which the ATF deems deserving of registration and taxation. Examples include, among others:

* Smooth-bore pistols
* Pen guns and cane guns
* Short-barreled firearms with both rifled and smooth bores, etc.
* Disguised firearms
* Firearms that can be fired from within a wallet holster or a briefcase
* A short-barreled shotgun which came from the factory with a pistol grip

Now if they sold it as a kit (just add gun) would it be? Only if the tax "man" found out maybe. They would just have to ad the appropriate disclaimer "once installed register with BATF" Thats how the AR auto kits were marked years ago when you could get them for cheap sent in the mail/UPS.

Now if they sold it as a kit (just add gun) would it be? Only if the tax "man" found out maybe. They would just have to ad the appropriate disclaimer "once installed register with BATF" Thats how the AR auto kits were marked years ago when you could get them for cheap sent in the mail/UPS.

I think so. Note that even some holsters cause a gun to become an AOW because they disguise the gun and the gun can be fired while still in the holster.

Galco used to make some pocket holsters like that. Looked like a wallet but had a hole for the trigger and another for the barrel end.

I date myself here, but does anyone here remember "The Man From U.N.C.L.E" toys from back in the early '60's? They had the transistor radio that when you pushed the button, the barrel and the stock popped out!

I had some of those! I remember the fold out/pop out stock on the Napoleon Solo weapon and the cool scope on the other. You could dial up various targets in the scope like a tank or human (egad!). Can't remember too many details except I thought they were way cool as a kid.

You can find llya Kuryakin (David McCallum) on NCIS! I found this on the web.

Kuryakin brought his U.N.C.L.E toys along when he went to NCIS. :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews