JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Any of you deep thinkers have an idea of what the attack motives were?"

OOH, OOH, OOH.. funny-fat-guy-waves-smiley-emoticon.gif ...I know...

They were tired of trolling gun forums!?!?

Last Edited:
Well then. It was because why?

Funny, the question is reminiscent of JustJim - he would always ask questions and keep trying to get others to guess at his answer. Maybe now that Jim jumped off the forum again it's time for someone else to ask those questions.

I always prefer folks just say what they're thinking. I don't come here to take quizzes ;)

Last Edited:
Funny, the question is reminiscent of JustJim - he would always ask questions and keep trying to get others to guess at his answer. Maybe now tha Jim jumped off the forum again it's time for someone else to ask those questions.

I always prefer folks just say what they're thinking. I don't come here to take quizzes ;)
Well I hear you. I could have said "hop scotch" and when responded to "wrong", I'd a said the same thing.
Still waiting for an answer.

Cute, questioning intelligence.

They attacked because the are filthy savages and that is all they've known for the last few thousand years.

First question - Who is THEY? If we can't answer that we can't solve anything.
If it's ISIS, we do know this: They believe that the duty of all Muslims is to emigrate TO the 'Califate', get to the area they control. They are dead serious about that, unlike AlQaeda.
We know that millions of Syrians and Iraqis have voted with their feet, fleeing FROM ISIS and their so-called 'State' (yes, there are surely a few infiltrators too).
Here is the speculation from a number of people who have studied the situation: The terrorist attacks on French citizens was designed to create a massive anti-Muslim reaction in Europe just as the refugees pour in. The worse the reaction, the better for ISIS - not only against the refugees but also against domestic French Muslims - mostly N African origin - the most secular, non-religious group of Muslims on the planet. This is their strategy to drive a wedge in and stampede people back to the Islamic State, or attract support from people on the receiving end of broad anti-Muslim reaction.
So go ahead, be a bigot if it makes you feel better. Just don't tell yourself you are actually concerned with solutions or security.

If it's ISIS, we do know this: They believe that the duty of all Muslims is to emigrate TO the 'Califate', get to the area they control. They are dead serious about that, unlike AlQaeda.
We know that millions of Syrians and Iraqis have voted with their feet, fleeing FROM ISIS and their so-called 'State' (yes, there are surely a few infiltrators too).
Here is the speculation from a number of people who have studied the situation: The terrorist attacks on French citizens was designed to create a massive anti-Muslim reaction in Europe just as the refugees pour in. The worse the reaction, the better for ISIS - not only against the refugees but also against domestic French Muslims - mostly N African origin - the most secular, non-religious group of Muslims on the planet. This is their strategy to drive a wedge in and stampede people back to the Islamic State, or attract support from people on the receiving end of broad anti-Muslim reaction.
So go ahead, be a bigot if it makes you feel better. Just don't tell yourself you are actually concerned with solutions or security.
Wrong.

Well then. It was because why?

Cmon everyone knows it's because of our bases in the ME and our support for Israel. I

So what was their motivation in the Russian plane, and Charlie Hebdo, and the train? They attack what they can when they can, whoever they can. They are the face of evil.

So you are certain only you know the correct answer? And your basis for this is "...speculation from a number of people who have studied the situation..." I'd say that's hardly an open and closed case for your answer. It certainly doesn't place your answer above those offered by others here.

Regardless of their motives, they are a threat, one that needs to be taken far more seriously by our government and our citizens than they have to date.

So what was their motivation in the Russian plane, and Charlie Hebdo, and the train? They attack what they can when they can, whoever they can. They are the face of evil.

Speculation - they are millenialists (big time) and really think the apocalypse will happen in Northern Syria with all the armies of 'Rome' (includes Russians). Here are a couple of good articles:

One short: http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/16/what-...things-we-learned-about-terror-group-5505519/

One long:

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/03/what-isis-really-wants/384980/

Their goals are exactly what they've stated them to be. To dominate the world under "Eye-Slahm". To dominate, exterminate, subjugate, and rape the infidel (men, women, and children alike) ... the "Caliphate" is merely their World Capitol.

You will be used for their amusement in any number of ways, and your descendants will be bred and kept like livestock for slave labor, gladiatorial executions, and sex-slaves. Those deemed too old and/or useless will be killed and dumped in mass graves... all in the Babylonian fashion & tradition. They're doing all of that now in those regions they control.

If that makes me a bigot, then I'm quilty as charged. You can reap the wind, beatches.... and you and yours WILL. o_O

Because we bombed Syria big woop they been beheading Christians and Americans long before that. I am starting to see lots of similar idealistic behaviors between Muslims and Liberals. Controlling other humans thought and beliefs being the biggest when you boil down all the stupid ideas they both have.

I especially like the Jihad hot line they can pair that up with See something Say something with HHS

Don't get me started Oops too late.

Is 'They' Isis? Then we agree. Is 'They' some little refugee kid in a Bart Simpson T shirt? Then we disagree. And when did it stop being a good strategy to isolate your enemies?

Is 'They' Isis? Then we agree. Is 'They' some little refugee kid in a Bart Simpson T shirt? Then we disagree. And when did it stop being a good strategy to isolate your enemies?

I'm still confused by your responses. What is it, exactly, that you're suggesting? What I'm hearing from most folks here is that they believe ISIS is a threat, both here, and abroad. They believe that open door policies for refugees/immigrants fleeing known terrorist states, is a problem. And, they believe that, while perhaps many of those coming through the door may not be terrorists, they are most certainly in the mix - even the kid in the Bart Simpson t-shirt may be pre-primed to wake up as a sleeper agent several years from now, to give his life for the cause.

We are facing an enemy far different from any we've faced before. We can't easily point to a place on a map and say "right there, that is where evil resides" as we could in conflicts like WWII. Instead, we are freely inviting the enemy behind the gates, and handing them a spare key as @Stomper noted. We're too afraid to say anything for fear that we'll have the appearance of lacking compassion and that we are racist xenophobes. We're letting fear of a lecture by the "tolerant" ones on how we must take them in. All the while the wolf waits, getting fat off the good of the land, until it's time to strike.

Honestly, I don't see what their motivating factor really has to do with recognizing them as a threat and fighting them. They are evil, plain and simple, and they must be erraticated. Whether they be ISIS, Al Queda, Boko Haram or any of the other similarly affiliated groups, they need to go. They only bring death and destruction.

Lets see take them in on the basis of compassion by the left same argument for illegals. Bag the compassion and its all about changing the electoral vote based on population and taking people that have never had an independent thought in their life and having the left force voter registration for dems to take there vote with out resistance. All in the name of free stuff.

Proof that liberalism always requires a permeant underclass to survive.

Honestly, I don't see what their motivating factor really has to do with recognizing them as a threat and fighting them. They are evil, plain and simple, and they must be erraticated. Whether they be ISIS, Al Queda, Boko Haram or any of the other similarly affiliated groups, they need to go. They only bring death and destruction.

If you can't figure out your enemy's strategy, you will lose. If you don't even know what they are fighting for, you're going in blind. Throwing Muslims into internment camps, which was mentioned at the beginning of this thread, has got to be the worst of many useless suggestions .
Want to do something? Demand that our government scotch the Saudi arms deal.
Here's another good article:
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jun/03/us-isis-syria-iraq

Not hard to grasp at all. Why is it so hard for some people to grasp that you have a formidable foe who isn't stupid, has had 14 years to study your military doctrine, and has gone through a process elimination so that the fittest have survived?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top