JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I voted yes. The suspension and eventual resignation of Chris Cox really peeved me. He was suspended because it was found that he was in a text thread with Oliver North, about WLP's abuses of power and finances.

On the one hand, Ackerman McQueen has been allowed to get away with too much too long, like staffing NRA HQ with pencil-pushing whiteshirts who don't like or get gunpeople. On the other, ditto with Frenchy Fudd.

Much housecleaning is in order, starting with rechartering somewhere outside New York to eliminate their anti-gun AG's jurisdiction over them as an NY corporation.

There are gears within gears making assessments by lay persons difficult when Intel comes primarily from dubious anti gun sources.
Much negative Anti NRA vibes come from gun advocate folk who do not believe in picking their battles. They are "all or nothing", "my way or the highway" sort, espousing an attitude which rarely archives a positive outcome (if ever). They are really emphatic about pointing out this issue or that not embraced by the NRA while dead quiet about the positive things successful. I wonder how many things in their personal life lay fallow because they lack the time or resources to fulfill yet still they pick apart those not mustering up to their hypocritical standards. Look hard enough and we will eventually find flaws in every person or organization that will rub against our personal ethical or moral grains. Yet somehow or someway exceptions are formulated allowing us to maintain if not a positive, then a symbiotic relationship to our benefit.
I choose to support the NRA. I have done so for over fifty years. I believe our struggles would have been over many years ago without them. Should you choose not to support them so be it. However one cannot deny that many good things have come from the NRA from its founding until today, making it perplexing to me as to why any second amendment supporter, firearm loving enthusiasts would go out of their way to help the anti's destroy them.
I do not like half of what goes on in America yet I am an American first and foremost and will not deny its right to exist, the good it has done, or abandon its future by refusing to support it any way I can. I will not criticize it as a whole albeit I am plenty critical of much of its components, as we should be.
I feel similarly about the NRA;
I'm not going to throw the baby out with the bath water, I'll wait till all the cards are dealt and then see what I can do to help any course correction should it be needed.

Wayne wasted a lot of money on frivelous crap .. definitely need someone in there more concerned about gun rights and less concerned about fancy suites.

I think many of the NRA haters and bashers know little or nothing of the NRA.

Hillary and the nightly news hates the NRA, and is successfully convincing others to hate the NRA.

My vote is to investigate facts.

Last Edited:
Lifetime NRA member, regular $ contributor on legal matters - voted yes, because I believe they've done a terrific job at the national congressional level, ultra wealthy people like Bloomberg, (Seattle's) Nick Hanauer founder/funder of Washington's Alliance For Gun (Control) Safety and others caught the NRA off guard with their local/states efforts to enact harsh gun control.

I've yet to see any state-local strategy to counter these guys - and we need one big time.

Lifetime NRA member, regular $ contributor on legal matters - voted yes, because I believe they've done a terrific job at the national congressional level, ultra wealthy people like Bloomberg, (Seattle's) Nick Hanauer founder/funder of Washington's Alliance For Gun (Control) Safety and others caught the NRA off guard with their local/states efforts to enact harsh gun control.

I've yet to see any state-local strategy to counter these guys - and we need one big time.

I'm surprised that the NRA would be caught off guard by a state-level gun control strategy, since that's exactly what they did for years on concealed carry permits. They literally remade the landscape over 20 years to get to where we are today where the vast majority of states have shall issue permits.

It seems obvious that our enemies would use the same successful strategies for their goals.

That won't happen with WLP in charge and a servile Board of Directors. I'm still an NRA Life member but all my donations have been going to the SAF for the last several years.
As will mine once my Life is paid off, unless my contribution is dedicated for a specific project or part of supporting whatever's required for my gal to participate in NRA Marksmanship Program.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top