Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What primers for what gun?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Rainy Winchester, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Rainy Winchester

Rainy Winchester Will. Valley Member

So I see there are a few different styles of primers, such as small pistol, large pistol, large pistol magnum, small rifle , large rifle, etc. I am just wondering what calibers fit with each primer? I'm guessing my 338 win mag uses large rifle magnum primers and my mini-14 uses small rifle primers? But what about all the other caibers? Is there a list or book out there that tells me which calibers use what type of primers?

2. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

Yes ANY reloading book will tell you what size of primer along with all the other information you need to reload. The book ABC's of Reloading a good book for that.

3. Rainy Winchester

Perfect, thanks. Time to invest in a couple loading books.

4. BAMCIS

BAMCIS Eugene Well-Known Member

Where are you finding primers?

5. Rainy Winchester

Through various websites with reloading supplies. There's not a whole lot out there.

On a side note I picked up the Lyman 49th edition at bi-mart, didn't know they sold reloading supplies, but I started reading it in the parking lot and wow that's a good read and it shows how much I have to learn. Also picked up a .223 die set since they are still out of .223 ammo.