JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What is your preferred bedding material for that ultimate bedding job?

Acraglas?
Marine-Tex?
Devcon?
J-B Weld

I've recently bedded a couple of rifles, one 1903 Springfied 30-06 and another a Remington in .308 using Devcon 10110. I like it a lot as it's not "drippy", cures solid, and is also machinable so I can mill out the mag box/trigger inletting for a nice finished look.

What are YOUR preferences and why you like them best?

A note on J-B Weld (regular, not quick cure) I like it for bedding one-piece picatinny scope rails. Only need a small amount so it's easier to mix than the Devcon which is best done with a scale for proper proportions.

It all depends on the job. I prefer marinetex for jobs where just the action is getting bedded. It tends to stay where I put it (less runny). I've used Devcon. It works. I still prefer marinetex. Just do. No specific reason. Both probably work as well.

I also use acra-glass for jobs where I actually want a good amount of flow to the material, such as bedding a barrel channel.

MarineTex, if there was something better I would be using it. It's physical properties once cured are measurably better than Devcon. Mixed by weight it's a pleasure to apply. I use a big syringe to put exactly where I need it.

If something better comes along I will use that.

Original acraglas, as it can be dyed, and flows easily, and penetrates slightly into the wood grain.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top