JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it's your adviser doing it then ............. ah man , he is prob earning a good chunk off you while you are gonna suck wind over time . IMO . I hate mutual funds . A creation whereby everybody wins but the customer . You .

The BEST thing I ever did was to move my $ from mutual funds to dividend paying stocks once I got control of my 401K ( when I switched jobs ) .

This. I sold most of the mutual funds that were in our Edward Jones mix because they simply were not performing where they should. I sold those mutual funds and went to equities and did much better on them. The agent I have the account with just rolls along with the company algorithims, they do pretty good, but once I started getting more involved with it, I knew I had to be more involved, and did and it has worked out well. He really is not doing jack sh*t for what he is getting paid. Slickest racket there is, get x amount of dolllars under management and watch the fees roll in.

He stays with what the company line is and makes good money. If I had to do my career all over again, financial planning and / or insurance would be something I would surely look at.

May have to look at doing this on my own if I can save the load fee by .5% or more.

Pre-Market is DOWN! May be another deflating day .......... :(

Don't worry be happy ! After all , What goes down , must go up ....at some point .

Still not time to buy , keep your powder dry , no itchy trigger fingers allowed .

Now on to a more upbeat question -
Are we gonna see a bunch of babies born 9-10 months from now ?!
There's only so much re-loading that you can do .

George

If this guy is right , and I suspect he is , then we are in for a world of hurt . :eek:

From a stock buying perspective , it means that we need to hold tight for now .

Ron Klain, who served as President Barack Obama's "Ebola czar," says Americans need to prepare for a massive spike in coronavirus cases and deaths over the next few weeks.

"We're really at the inflection point here, where this disease is really going to explode in the U.S.," Klain said in an interview with Yahoo News' "Skullduggery" podcast. While the number of confirmed U.S. coronavirus cases is already doubling every three days, Klain said, he expects new cases to "accelerate further as we finally start to put some testing on the line and we start to really understand how big a problem we have — and I think it's a very big problem."

more - Obama's Ebola czar says coronavirus infections will 'explode' in next few weeks

George
I hope everyone says safe and healthy . Nothing more important .

It's a slow/no-growth industry; I woudn't recommend it.

Agree. Any money being made in the gun business is being made by privately held companies with niche products and are not price point sensitive. I knew some pretty smart and ambitious dudes who played around with the gun business in a number of different ways for a while and they all ejected intact after less than 18 months of complete instability, government bulls*t, and reading the very obvious writing on the wall.

So talked to my financial guy yesterday.

He said bonds are down because a lot of people cashed out everything, bonds and stocks.

He said just about the time the market will have bottomed out (in 2-4 weeks) bonds will come back strong.

If this guy is right , and I suspect he is , then we are in for a world of hurt . :eek:

From a stock buying perspective , it means that we need to hold tight for now .

Ron Klain, who served as President Barack Obama's "Ebola czar," says Americans need to prepare for a massive spike in coronavirus cases and deaths over the next few weeks.

"We're really at the inflection point here, where this disease is really going to explode in the U.S.," Klain said in an interview with Yahoo News' "Skullduggery" podcast. While the number of confirmed U.S. coronavirus cases is already doubling every three days, Klain said, he expects new cases to "accelerate further as we finally start to put some testing on the line and we start to really understand how big a problem we have — and I think it's a very big problem."

more - Obama's Ebola czar says coronavirus infections will 'explode' in next few weeks

George
I hope everyone says safe and healthy . Nothing more important .
Still holding tight?

Still holding tight?

Ha Ha !

Yes , I am . I did make 1 buy , BA , last Monday on a stock that was just too good to pass up . Of course looking back it looks like that was the day to BUY . Just shows you how hard it is to time the market , to recognize the 'bottom' .

But we're in the middle of the eye of the hurricane . IMO . There are some market forces at the end of the month that are driving up the market right now . Let's see what happens Th and Friday . The worst of this C19 situation is yet to come . :eek:

Patience grasshopper .Have a plan and stick to it . Doesn't always work in your favor .
But itmost often does . Emotions are your enemy in the stock market .

Everyone has to make their own evaluations , determine their own
appetite for risk .

Good luck to everyone !

George

Hopefully it's short lived and will provide some good buying opportunities for those with cash on the sidelines.
I'm all cash and waiting. I think it's going to get much worse before it gets better. Today we are still riding the crest of the stimulus package. That will go away shortly.

This. I sold most of the mutual funds that were in our Edward Jones mix because they simply were not performing where they should. I sold those mutual funds and went to equities and did much better on them. The agent I have the account with just rolls along with the company algorithims, they do pretty good, but once I started getting more involved with it, I knew I had to be more involved, and did and it has worked out well. He really is not doing jack sh*t for what he is getting paid. Slickest racket there is, get x amount of dolllars under management and watch the fees roll in.

He stays with what the company line is and makes good money. If I had to do my career all over again, financial planning and / or insurance would be something I would surely look at.

May have to look at doing this on my own if I can save the load fee by .5% or more.
Transfer it all to Etrade and manage it yourself for free.

I'm with ZigZagZeke on this one, These crazy swings in the market are not finished, I am going to sit on the side till mid- May or june, when all this has become more stable, and we will have a clearer picture of current events.
unimaginable unemployment/ increase in homelessness /more government bailouts. I wouldn't be suprised if we see DOW at 16,000 at some point in time before this is over.

Saw this posted in the official CV-19 thread.

If this turns out to be true, we haven't seen the bottom yet at all, and that's not including the extra problems mentioned in the previous post above!

I'm with ZigZagZeke on this one, These crazy swings in the market are not finished, I am going to sit on the side till mid- May or june, when all this has become more stable, and we will have a clearer picture of current events.
unimaginable unemployment/ increase in homelessness /more government bailouts. I wouldn't be suprised if we see DOW at 16,000 at some point in time before this is over.

I think by June that the best buying opportunities may be gone . Actually I HOPE so .
Being a shut-in for weeks , months is bad for by attitude . :rolleyes:

Since the market lost 50% of it's value in 2008/2009 , a DOW at 16,000 is entirely possible .
I believe the recent peak was around 29,551 , so could we really see a # below 15,000 ?? :eek:
First 1/4 earnings reports and projections going forward will def drive the market lower .

But how low is the question . The market is trying to establish a rally right now .
I don't think that that will happen , it's not sustainable with what's going on .

The virus has NY and CA in a bit of a medical panic right now .
The rest of the country is probably right behind them .Crunch time .

Stay safe , keep your powder dry . Buying opportunities await .

George

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top