JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dave's insanity sauce is pretty warm stuff - they had a Dave's Private reserve sauce that was dang hot - the bottle came in a little coffin. I had some "raptor sauce" at the state fair about 5 years ago that put Dave's private reserve to shame - but the absolutely hottest sauce I ever had was from the company that provided the OC pepper spray for the water cannons at the max security prisons. It was essentially food grade OC mixed with some tomato paste and crushed garlic - that stuff made Dave's seem like Taco Bell's mild sauce. The stuff had a nice flavor for a split second then left your mouth on fire for at least a half hour, and your eyes burned and snot ran like you had been sprayed in the face with bear spray. On top of that I felt like I was going to be sick for about 4 hours after the 2 drops worth I had on a chip. If Dave's is Insane then this stuff qualifies as a violent psychotic break. I'll have to see if I can find the name of the stuff or if they ever marketed it beyond "gift bottles" for their water/pepper cannon customers.

Salvador Mollys has some habanero cheese fritters with habanero salsa. I ate five, it made me cry, it ruined my dinner and I was sick the entire night... but at least I got my picture on a wall!

Lol, my girlfriend ate some once. She had to really go number two and was stuck in rush hour traffic on the way back to Vancouver. She didn't think she was going to make it.

I have no idea what kind of peppers they were, but years ago I was up in Toronto on business. At the end of the day my boss and I decided to take one of my best customers out to dinner and they recommended this Chinese restaurant not far from where we were staying. We sat down to dinner and ordered an appetizer that was kind of an herb bread and they brought these little bowls with what looked like a reddish oil in them. I asked what it was and they said it was hot pepper oil for the bread. Well, I like hot stuff so instead of taking just a drop or two on a hunk of the bread I just dipped it in there, soaked it up, and popped it in my mouth. I immediately knew I had made a mistake. They say my face just turned white and I started sweating so much they said it looked like I just got out of the shower. To make matters worse, I did exactly the wrong thing by downing a big glass of water. Our waiter kept coming over and looking at me saying "Is he OK?".

I didn't taste anything for the rest of that evening or the next day. After that I knew why they really put rails in bathrooms! :s0114:

There was a small Thai food restaurant in Bandon called Thai Thai. I was able to handle the medium, but that was it. Most of the time I kept my heat to mild-plus. My buddy tried the "Charlie" hot, named after the owner. He said the next day was pure hell! He called it Thai-vacuation. Basically burned as much going out as it did coming in.

I had a friend once who cooked for a Thai restaurant, and this was their next step up from Sriracha:

Hot Sauce.jpg

In the summer I keep a bottle of Tabasco in the glove box. After sweating all day I'll drink it straight from the bottle. I once ate a complete pint jar of slice jalapenos in one sitting. I think habaneros are the hottest peppers to touch my tongue, but I've had some strange, hot ones in Asia that I couldn't identify.... peppers, that is.

Alright.. gotta give you guys/gals my little story.

Many years ago (In our early twenties) me and my friend Michael helped another friend of ours move to her new home. Her boyfriend asked us if we liked hot peppers. We didn't know any better and said sure. He grew them himself and said they were grown from some habanero seeds that he had brought back from Mexico. He gave us two peppers. They were around the size of a tangerine and light green in color. Later that day Michael and I went to see his cousin and found out his brother Jeff was having a chili party. We gave Jeff one of those peppers and he said he'd add it to his chilli. Later that night Michael and I went to his place to hangout and we ordered a pizza.(Sorry for the long story so far) So...the pizza arrived and Michael sliced two very thin slices of that pepper for us to try. With a slice of pizza on our paper plates and a glass of Pepsi we tried that pepper. We both put a slice in our mouths, bit into it and let the pepper juice coat our mouths just for a couple seconds. Thats all it took!!!!!! FIRE!!!!!!!! Unrelenting fire!!!!!!! We ate the pizza...actually we used the pizza in our futile attempts to relieve the burning pain!!!!!! We ran to his and his wifes fridge and started drinking milk. Didnt do anything. Maybe made it worse. We took to drinking water...ate bread...Nothing!!!! Unrelenting fire!!!!!! My eyes were watering..my nose was running. Listen closely you hot pepper noobs!!! I wipped my eyes with the fingers that held the peeper. Juices from the pepper got into my eye!!!! I went to the bathroom and tried to wash it out..NO LUCK!!!! It burnt like crazy!!! I decided to take a leak...BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!. I now had that Hot Pepper juice on my privates and it burnt like crazy!!!!!!! Unrelenting fire!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA..that was crazy!!!!!!!

The next day we saw Jeff. He said he made a big pot of chili and no one would eat it. It was to darn hot. He said one guy came over drunk, ate it and sobered up from the fire..the Unrelenting Fire!!!!!

If Dave's is Insane then this stuff qualifies as a violent psychotic break.

I think I have something in between those that we opened the other day.....mad dog reserve 6,000,000 (it actually checks in at 600,000 scoville not 6,000,000 but that is what the bottle says). It was starting to separate (or maybe ferment idk) so figured better crack it open or put it up on a shelf forever lol.

Old buddy of mine in the barracks would make his family recipe for Cajun seafood gumbo all the time. He and I would be eating this stuff by the bowl full. People walking by his room thought someone light off a CS capsule. I loved ths stuff, but after the first mouthfull my taste buds were singed and useless. Lots of red pepper, cayene pepper, and 6 sliced jalapeno's then another 6 or so cracked jalapeno's added to it. I used to tell him that we'd need two ice cream cones. One for each end...

Two things..if you grow Habanerros? ,let them almost die before you give them water.Repeat
Makes them hotter,kinda like wine grapes have more flavor in adverse conditions?

And if you want to wimp out but like the flavor of Habanerros,carrots will cut the heat down.
I'm sure this would be for you wimpy friends and family.

I do pretty good with cooking and made something resembling chilli for the neighbor's BBQ.I had 2 habanerros to put in this huge pot of goodies *side note; I was talking to a buddy while chopping them up...rubbed my eye.Not a good thing*
Anyway,I was the only one that could get any chilli down.I guess it was a little hot
I really want to try that hamburger that has 5 different hots in it.Picture on wall type burger.Can't recall where the restaurant was back east.

I had some Dave's insanity Salsa a few years back. I would take a small bowl of Pace mild salsa and add in one teaspoon of the Dave's salsa and it was as hot as I could take it.

My son had some friends over to the house one Saturday afternoon and they made burritos for lunch. One of his friends put a bunch of the Dave's Insanity Salsa on his burrito. My son said it was pretty hilarious. His friend took one bite, his eyes got real big, and he said "I can't feel my feet!".

I was able to get through two of the great balls of fire at Salvador Molly's and I can handle on or two El Hefe wings at Fire on the Mountain. I'm definitely not cut out for these spicy eating challenges.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top