Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What is the hottest thing you have ever eaten?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JimmyS1985, Mar 1, 2012.

1. JimmyS1985

JimmyS1985 St.Louis Active Member

Im a bit of a hothead, in that I like to eat really hot things. I probably don't count as a true enthusiast though because the hottest things I have eaten aren't considered all that hot.

While I was out shadowing a man doing Paintless Dent Removal, Id bring a bottle of tobasco sauce to spice up my bland food prior to eating it, something he found totally disgusting.

Tonight I bought Dave's Insanity Hot Sauce from Walmart. I wanted to try something extraordinarily hot, I bought 2 tallboys of beer, some tums, tortilla chips and salsa.

This stuff is really hot, makes me sweat. The hottest thing I ever ate was Buffalo Wild Wings hottest sauce for their wings, which makes me think that their sauce is simply pure Dave's Insanity Sauce since it made my lips burn, nose run and sweat and it looks about the same, a very deep red that looks menacingly spicy hot.

The Beer seems to do nothing to make the hot sensation go away, I think it actually makes it worse, but I did have to take a swig of milk every so often to try to keep the capsaicin down. I must of saturated my mouth with capsaicin molecules, because even after having a good amount of milk, my tongue still had a burning sensation that lasted several minutes.

I can tell its going to take me quite a while to go through a whole bottle of the stuff, I just put a dab on and mixed it pretty good, and that first dip was insanely hot.

Apparently the stuff I had was the least hot of what the brand has to offer. I don't know how one would prepare to eat an even hotter sauce than this stuff.

So does anyone else like hot spicy food?

2. t.huynh

t.huynh vancouver, wa Active Member

I love spicy food!! The hottest thing I ever tried were habenero peppers. I want to try to grow some ghost peppers this summer. I don't know where you live now, but salvador molly's in portland has these things called "great balls of fire" that are supposed to be extremely hot.

If you like salsa, try Mrs. Renfro's Habanero or Ghost pepper salsa. These things are HOT!!

3. HollisOR

HollisOR Rural OR, South of Dallas Active Member

Try pequins peppers. I particularly like sarranos, they have a really nice flavor, not sweat like jalapenos.

4. mortre

mortre Yelm, WA Active Member

Not sure what kind of pepper it was, but it was just the cutest little tiny red pepper. They had a little bowl of them on the table, kind of like you get the bowl of chips and salsa at a Mexican restaurant. I figured it couldn't be THAT hot, so I just popped a couple in my mouth. I mean they were only like 1" long. Bad idea... This was in Zamboanga, Philippines.

Mister_E and (deleted member) like this.
  5. t.huynh

t.huynh vancouver, wa Active Member

Most likely a thai chili aka "bird's eye chili". We have a BUNCH of them at my restaurant, you can buy them at any asian market.

6. JimmyS1985

My dad was making enchiladas which requires a sauce made from chili's. The chili's he uses have very few scoville units in that they are mildly hot. One day he threw in a habanero, and the one complaint he got from the entire family was that it was too hot. Maybe my whole family is made up of (Whats another word for a womans lady part?) but he knows how to make that sauce hotter than normal. Throw in a habanero and he crosses a threshold that my family cant handle. Im going to recommend that he puts in a dab of my Dave's Insanity sauce instead as an additive to spice his chili sauce up without making it too hot for 4-5 of us who eat his enchiladas such as an entire Habanero would.

The Ghost pepper is scary, I think they use Ghost peppers in military weapon's against Pakistan. There are ways to make an enemy soldier incapacitated without killing them, and I know that Ghost Pepper from India could easily achieve that.

edit: There is a diner in St. Louis called "The Courtesy Diner" (2 locations) it was featured in Chingy's video "Right Thurr" anyways they have a dish that every tourist and St. Louisan should try (Who the hell would visit the most dangerous city in the nation, St. Louis, for a Tourist destination?) called the Slinger. Its a bed of hashbrowns, 2 eggs, a beef patty and smothered in chili, with options of raw onions, shredded cheese, and a ton of Jalapeno's and 2 pieces of toast, your choice of bread for a reasonable price.

I tried it a few years ago smothered with jalapeno peppers and I had to push the jalapenos off to the side and not eat them, I was so ashamed of myself that a mass of weak peppers like jalapenos had defeated me. I think by the time I finish off this bottle of Dave's Insanity Sauce, which has defeated me without the aid of milk, I might go back and try a slinger smothered in jalapenos.

I still buy the slinger without the jalapenos, but I just throw a ton of tobasco on it, I dont know if I can handle such a high concentration of jalapenos.

7. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Some hot sauce with ghost chili in it. Straight habeneros would be the next hottest. I've almost bought some capsaicin before. I don't know what I'd use it for though.

8. coop44

coop44 Tacoma ,WA Well-Known Member

Kemchi (sp?),Korean pickled cabbage, hazmat team hot!

9. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Clack Co. OR Well-Known Member

I did the same thing as a little kid, I said "hey peanuts" and before my parents could say anything I grabbed a handful and ate em. Oh man. All the waiters were laughing their buts off.

10. Longshot34

Longshot34 Moses Lake Member

Hottest thing for me was The Man Sauce at Dixie's. I don't eat spicy food and that stuff nearly melted my face.

11. Texfisher33

Texfisher33 Tri-Cities, WA Active Member

They are called chiltapenes (sp) in Mexico if they are what I think you are describing. Ridiculously hot!

12. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

boonie peppers in Guam. Those are worth going to Guam for.

13. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

Drunk as a sailor in 1978, I stumbled across the beach in Pattaya Thailand with some kind of grilled meat and vegetable affair on a bamboo stick. Delicious. Got on the liberty launch taking me back out to USS Ranger, and got into the last bite, a slice of some small green pepper. Spit it out. 45 minute boat ride to my ship was hellish, several glasses of milk on the mess decks didn't help a bit, and my tastebuds were injured for 2 weeks.

I've always liked jalapenos, salsa, hot curry, etc., and never tasted anything even remotely that punishing. It's been decades now and I still shudder when I recall that horrible thing.

Still don't know... WTF was it???

14. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

:paranoid::paranoid::paranoid::paranoid:

15. JimmyS1985

My theory is, you weren't drinking "real" milk. My dad served in the Army and in Vietnam. He said in his 15 months he was there, he never saw a single glass of "real" milk, it was all powdered milk, which makes sense for preservation purposes. As a wussy civilian, I only drink real milk, I dried powdered milk and it was freakin AWFUL.

On the flight home from Vietnam *He was probably on a crossover from Tokyo* him and all the other veterans stared down a *real* glass of milk, because they had not seen real milk in so long.

"real" milk should be able to wash down the capsaicin in the chili you ate much more effectively than powdered milk.

But you know what you drank, so maybe Im entirely wrong, I just find it odd that a US ship over in Thailand would even carry real dairy milk, I just don't think it would keep long enough unless it was imported from the natives.

16. EMP9596

EMP9596 Two Trees West of Camas, WA. Active Member

Frozen milk...

1967 we got some milk from the Air Force in 5gal square tins in Phan Rang. It was our first in about nine months. It had been flown in frozen and was damn good, it took about 20 minutes for the belly cramps and the backdoor trots to start.

17. billgrigsby24

billgrigsby24 Beaverton, Or Active Member

That's a loaded question.

18. Unka-Boo

Unka-Boo Milwaukie Active Member

My pic is on the wall at Salvador Mollys for the habenero fritters ( think I had 8, were pretty good )...It varies, but some of the hottest I've had are the El Jefe wings at Fire on the Mountain....some of their batches of sauce will kick your butt, I can usually make it through a 9 piece without issue but on occasion OW.

19. foomanchu

foomanchu Milwaukie, OR Member

Salvador Mollys has some habanero cheese fritters with habanero salsa. I ate five, it made me cry, it ruined my dinner and I was sick the entire night... but at least I got my picture on a wall!

20. matthew029

matthew029 Oregon, United States Member

Need to try "The Marine" at Killer Burger