JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not sure what kind of pepper it was, but it was just the cutest little tiny red pepper. They had a little bowl of them on the table, kind of like you get the bowl of chips and salsa at a Mexican restaurant. I figured it couldn't be THAT hot, so I just popped a couple in my mouth. I mean they were only like 1" long. Bad idea... This was in Zamboanga, Philippines.

If they are the same ones, I think I know what you are talking about. When the family was stationed at Clark AFB, in the Philippines, we had this little pepper plant in the back yard. Peppers were about 3/4 to 1 inch long, green to red/green in color.

We had domestic help over there (yard boys for landscaping, and maids to help out with the house), and they just LOVED those peppers. So I tried one. :s0001: I've had all kinds of hot sauces, have eaten Jalapenos and Habeneros, Thai food, and just about every other kind of 'hot' food in the world, but nothing, and I mean NOTHING compared to those little things. You could pick them off the plant, and if you just held them in your hand for too long, your skin would start tingling, then sweating.

I brought a bunch back with me, snuck them through Customs in my pockets. Used to use them for 'practical jokes' and payback for practical jokers :s0114: Had a co-worker who had a habit of coming over to my desk, would pick up a pen or pencil, and start chewing on it as he talked to me - 'cuz he knew it pissed me off. So one morning, while wearing surgical gloves :s0114:, I 'juiced' up a few pencils and pens with those peppers, and left them strategically placed on my desk. Sure enough, about a half hour later, here he comes. And as if it was scripted, he picked up a pencil and started mouthing and chewing on it, snickering at me the whole time. Then he stopped.....

About a half hour later, I finally saw him again coming out of the men's room. His face was all red, sweating, eyes bulging, and his lips would have made Mick Jagger or Steven Tyler envious. :s0114: You know, he never chewed on one of my pencils or pens ever again.

Oh...and they work great if you use them to 'juice' up a toilet seat, too ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top