JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
one of my range bags was a fly fishing bag - soft side bag with sturdy carry handles and a shoulder strap. Inside it has several pockets around the sides of the bag meant for reels, spools of line, etc. Its similar in size to the soft side 6-pack coolers. I'm not saying its as nice as some purpose built range bags but I got a few of em on clearance for something like $6 each and they do the job - even hold up to carrying about 25 # of ammo with out problems.

Midway's range bags are pretty nice and very affordable. I have had one of the big ones for a couple of years now and it seems to be holding up fine. For the price, it is pretty hard to beat.

For me it depends on whether I am going to shoot sidearms or long guns. For sidearms I can get everything in my range bag. With long arms it takes a small backpack.

I'm watching this thread and was hoping you'd get more replies. I'm looking for a range gear bag myself. Northwest Armory has some in the front corner near the door that look spendy. Wholesale Sports has some mid-range priced bags that look good. But I was hope there would be more replies to this posting.

So.... does anyone have one of the bags from NWA or WS?

Don

Fishing tackle box with the tip out trays holds almost everything except my ear muffs. Been hauling mine around for years. My shooting friends seems to always rely on mine when we are out as it contains small tools, cleaning supplies etc.

I have been using the small gear bag from Cabela's. They have them $10 off not that long ago. I ended up getting a couple for different purposes. Length of a 3 cell mag light and will hold a set of full size binoculars in there along with a couple boxes of ammo.

I just bought one of these, and I love it so far. Can take 3 guns to the range in separate pockets, plenty of ammo, muffs, glasses, and little things like my weaponlight. Comfortable to carry as well.

<broken link removed>

They have this one as well. Both on sale right now.

<broken link removed>

And for any "purse" comments, it's a damn SATCHEL! :winkkiss:

+1 on the Midway bags. I have had one for.a.few years and its a keeper. Also may want to sign.up to be on the dvor dot kom mailing list. I see several packs , bags and other shooting stuff come up for nice prices in my email. On the other hand you may not if your like me and have a hard time passing up on a good deal set before me. &#9733;
The Midway USA bags are well thought out, and a great value when they go on sale.

I happened across this thread because I've been looking for a new range bag as well. Wanted to pass along that the MidwayUSA range bags are on sale again.

<broken link removed>
Compact Competition Range Bag - $30

One thing I wish MidwayUSA did was take more than one picture of their bags so I can get a better idea of how big the pockets are (Where am I going to store the boxes of ammo? Hearing protection?). At least the larger bag has a video "review" of it and there are a few nice features. Removable ammo bag. Provided mesh pouch for used brass. Cup holder (there's always got to be a cup holder! :s0155:)

You might try going to a place called ebags on the internet. Mostly its a luggage/backpack/briefcase/travel vendor, but they have lots of choices to check out. A lot of the travel backpacks are loaded with compartments.

+12 on the Midway range bag. I used an old duffle bag until my buddy showed up with his Midway bag. I bought one for around $35 when it went on sale. Well worth the money.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top