Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What is a good gear carrier

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Peteralexander78, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Peteralexander78

Peteralexander78 vancouver Slow is smooth, smooth is fast

So I am looking for a gear carrier bag, box or what ever. I need to haul glasses, ear muffs small cleaning kit and what ever. Just dont want it to be too big but any ideas?

2. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

one of my range bags was a fly fishing bag - soft side bag with sturdy carry handles and a shoulder strap. Inside it has several pockets around the sides of the bag meant for reels, spools of line, etc. Its similar in size to the soft side 6-pack coolers. I'm not saying its as nice as some purpose built range bags but I got a few of em on clearance for something like $6 each and they do the job - even hold up to carrying about 25 # of ammo with out problems.

3. erslll

erslll Hermiston OR Active Member

Midway's range bags are pretty nice and very affordable. I have had one of the big ones for a couple of years now and it seems to be holding up fine. For the price, it is pretty hard to beat.

jessieD and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Steve06

Steve06 Oregon Active Member

For me it depends on whether I am going to shoot sidearms or long guns. For sidearms I can get everything in my range bag. With long arms it takes a small backpack.

5. Captin Reload

Captin Reload Washinton New Member

Home depots orange tool box, 8 bucks each. I several full of gun stuff always ready to go.

6. Dapapadon

Dapapadon Gladstone, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I'm watching this thread and was hoping you'd get more replies. I'm looking for a range gear bag myself. Northwest Armory has some in the front corner near the door that look spendy. Wholesale Sports has some mid-range priced bags that look good. But I was hope there would be more replies to this posting.

So.... does anyone have one of the bags from NWA or WS?

Don

7. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Fishing tackle box with the tip out trays holds almost everything except my ear muffs. Been hauling mine around for years. My shooting friends seems to always rely on mine when we are out as it contains small tools, cleaning supplies etc.

8. speedtriple

speedtriple Vancouver, Washington, United States Member

The Midway USA bags are well thought out, and a great value when they go on sale.

9. samuelm16

samuelm16 se pdx Well-Known Member

an old video camera bag works good, i use a laptop breifcase, go to good will and look in there luggage section

10. AvnEng

AvnEng Corvallis Member

I have been using the small gear bag from Cabela's. They have them $10 off not that long ago. I ended up getting a couple for different purposes. Length of a 3 cell mag light and will hold a set of full size binoculars in there along with a couple boxes of ammo.

11. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

You will not find any better bag then this for the price.

speedtriple and (deleted member) like this.
  12. bigbrianaustin

bigbrianaustin Oregon New Member

13. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

My wife.

14. arjunki

arjunki Beaverton Active Member

+1 on the Midway bags. I have had one for.a.few years and its a keeper. Also may want to sign.up to be on the dvor dot kom mailing list. I see several packs , bags and other shooting stuff come up for nice prices in my email. On the other hand you may not if your like me and have a hard time passing up on a good deal set before me. ★

15. jquirit

jquirit Forest Grove, OR Member

I happened across this thread because I've been looking for a new range bag as well. Wanted to pass along that the MidwayUSA range bags are on sale again.

Competition Range Bag - $45
    Compact Competition Range Bag - $30

One thing I wish MidwayUSA did was take more than one picture of their bags so I can get a better idea of how big the pockets are (Where am I going to store the boxes of ammo? Hearing protection?). At least the larger bag has a video "review" of it and there are a few nice features. Removable ammo bag. Provided mesh pouch for used brass. Cup holder (there's always got to be a cup holder! :thumbup:)

16. packerdog

packerdog Salem, OR New Member

You might try going to a place called ebags on the internet. Mostly its a luggage/backpack/briefcase/travel vendor, but they have lots of choices to check out. A lot of the travel backpacks are loaded with compartments.

17. Steve06

Steve06 Oregon Active Member

I think the range bags are on sale (at least the big one) until the end of the month. It is an unbelievable bargain at $44.00.

18. chetterbob

chetterbob parents live in christmas valley New Member

i use a old tackel box i had laying around i carry all my pistol ammo 2 auto pistols gun cleaning kit even my burris spotting scope it holds alot and dont take up alot of room

19. Wenis

Wenis Tri-Cities, WA Member

+12 on the Midway range bag. I used an old duffle bag until my buddy showed up with his Midway bag. I bought one for around $35 when it went on sale. Well worth the money.

20. slightly disturbed

slightly disturbed Oregon City Active Member

My range bag is a old vhs recorder bag. works perfectly