JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know there is a ho-dunk town somewhere that made it city policy that each residence must own at least one firearm but what would that look like on a National level? As well as changing it too each "adult" must own a gun.

Now let's say it is a given that it wouldn't be a requirement to CC, that's not for everyone and if your "1Gun" is a rifle or shotgun then that becomes unreasonable altogether.

Also, if you are deemed mentally unfit or convicted of certain crimes Etc - same as failing a background check now, you couldn't own a gun.

If a persons firearm is stolen then they are fined and responsible to replace it within 30 days. If it happens again then same thing - no in house inspections.

If they shoot irresponsiblely then fine them heavily and then require classes, otherwise make it like hunters Ed where you have to go thru at least a remedial gun safety and security class that can recommend further classes like CC, home defense etc.

Pacifists and people that do not agree with guns could choose to not buy ammo for it and lock it up and forget about it.

No registry but you would get an endorsement on your drivers license like with a CDL or motorcycle endorsement when you complete the basic gun class. Again fine heavily the violators.

Personally, I think at a minimum road rage would lighten up lol:p.

There would prosibly be a spike in break in's looking for guns but after the stupid are jailed and enough people are fined heavily for not having it in a secure safe then I think home robberies would go down.

Assaults would also go down I think if there was a high probability that your victim was better armed and trained then you.

Hopefully people would be more curtious in general and pull thier cranium out of thier keister and look around to see how they are effecting the world around them and not live in a little bubble.

It would create a large market for safe makers and gun dealers for a while but to a lesser extent. Jobs for class trainers and revenue for local governments from fineing the stupid.

I'm pretty tired today so this is what was on my mindo_O

more feasible would be to make military service compulsory (especially children of politicians) where combat and firearm training were included (along with a while lot of discipline and respect).

this way every adult would have held and shot a firearm and got educated on the crap they freak out about

It would be a very polite society! After a while that is!:D

On the other hand, everyone having a gun would not really jibe well with stupidity, passion, rage, intolerance or sudden onset goofiness! All the evils that plague us!:(

more feasible would be to make military service compulsory (especially children of politicians) where combat and firearm training were included (along with a while lot of discipline and respect).

this way every adult would have held and shot a firearm and got educated on the crap they freak out about

I think the 'Swiss Model' of training and service, and the resultant discipline, skill, experience, and civic responsibility, would be the more logical and natural progression from, and expression of, our country's cultural and philosophical heritage of 'the Minuteman', the Second Amendment, and equally all of the Bill of Rights, Constitution, and Declaration of Independence. The concept of the government being of and by the people, that it is the people who are served by government, and solely to the people would the government answer to, would be an actual and tangible of aspect of a healthy republic, and less an anachronistic concept associated with 'gun nuts' and whatever other derogatory terms used to negate those of us who love liberty and freedom.
I think everyone should have the opportunity to learn how to defend themselves, and to know they don't have to be a victim of any criminal or abuser, whether they hold office or not.;)

Sic Semper Tyrannis !

Okay, that's my long winded response to basically say, "I agree"

Yes but if that was the law then half of us would have to buy the other half their guns and to tell you the truth I buy enough stuff for people who can't or won't provide for themselves. I'm getting real tired of pulling the F-ing wagon.

Yes but if that was the law then half of us would have to buy the other half their guns and to tell you the truth I buy enough stuff for people who can't or won't provide for themselves. I'm getting real tired of pulling the F-ing wagon.
I think, like the Swiss, people who do a basic service term in one of the branches, would keep their rifle. Plus, the pride that comes from being skilled and self-reliant, would go a long way towards people not relying on the state for their livelihood. You can't fix stupid, but it would go a long way towards creating a vibrant unsheep-like citizenry, which means less sheep dogs needed.

While most of my close friends are responsible gun owners, competent to live effective lifestyles, I also know so-called adults who should not:
- drive
- be trusted
- operate power tools
- drink
- wear leggings/spandex
- teach/supervise others
- procreate

Perhaps all of us can picture "normal" people we know, and add a few more everyday activities to the list. Not my objective - that's just what occurs to me in the minute it takes to type this.

From that perspective, I don't think everyone should have a gun any more than I believe no one should.

Last Edited:
Hmmm, I don't know if I trust anti-gunners with a gun. They show over and over they can't follow even the 4 basic rules of firearm safety - just watch all the politicians with their damn fingers on the triggers! I like where the thinking is meant to go, but dang, I just can't trust anti-gunners with a gun :eek:

No, I would rather it remain optional, however, I would like to see firearm safety and basic firearm handling/shooting mandated in all public/public funded schools. At least teach folks how to safely handle them, and give them a chance to shoot. I think doing that would actually increase the number of gun owners once more and more folks come to realize that guns aren't to be feared, when safely handled.

But forcing a gun into the hands of someone that hates them, someone that likely won't learn the basics of safety, may be more of a danger to those around them. Common sense seems to fly out of the ear-holes of those ignoramuses.

Funny story @Joe13 .I went to college at Arizona State , we use to ride our motorcycles to flagstaff to beat the heat and have a great weekend. On a trip there I got pulled over in Black City AZ just after dark for speeding. Was asked by the local shierff what the hurry was and if I had a firearm on me. I answer with a "sorry officer I am in no hurry and should slow down , and no sir I do not have a firearm." He took my license and registration , 5 mins later he walked back over to me. Handed me a ticket and said, "I'm giving you a warning for speeding." I asked " what's the ticket for then". No firearm arm after dusk !!!!!! I was dump founded !! Wish all towns were like this.

100 year plus old town law that stuck around

Last Edited:
I do agree with National Service.
If not the military , then some form of service , Ameri- Corps , maybe bring back the C.C.C , heck even the Peace- Corps etc ...
I say if not the military , because as proud as I am of my service in the Army , the military is not for everyone.
Or if mandatory military service , maybe a short hitch of say , two years , with a strong emphasis on non-combat roles for those who are anti-military or true conscientious objectors.

Just some form of service to others , instead of serving ones self.
Away from mom and dad , and out in the real world , maybe interacting with folks from different backgrounds and cultures for the first time. Have our young people learn what its like being on your own , earning a living or seeing just how it is in a third world country.
These things and more might just "wake up " our young people .

Back to everyone owning a gun.
I am of two minds on this. I like the idea of it on the surface and think that is part of the intent of the 2A.
On the other hand , I know some folks , I wouldn't trust with a water gun!
Andy

The thought of everyone required to have guns? Interesting subject. A gated community.
Stringent screening like background checks that we're already forced to go through.

If everyone was to own a firearm, ammo up, rid what spoils and eradicate the sage rats that thrive on our crops, instead of caging them.
Instead, we use pesticides that do nothing long term. The sage rats (walking dead?) become more immune and grow stronger, continually taking from the harvest we reap. We don't need cages. We don't need walls or a moat, we need the correct approach.

Just some of my thoughts. The crumbs and tidbits are there to steer. Ad-Lib where you feel I was going.

Last Edited:
A government requirement or any other requirement to own a gun is just the same thing as banning everyone from owing one.

I do not like being told I cannot legally own a gun under any law, and being told you HAVE to own a gun is the same thing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top