JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Most gun shows already suck. I like the Albany and Rickreall shows and maybe a Portland show if I need Alligator jerky, used boots or Beanie Babies. Question: What are the gun shows in the near future going to hold? Why even go?

I just go to check out the women :cool:

1668488853935.png

You can show up and play the "which fat guy smells the worst" game. Or see a dirty looking person across the building and make a very with yourself whether or not they smell like stale tobacco and old cooking oil :s0170:

I was going to say "Cue up the gun-show hating", but it looks like it came with the thread.

Okay, okay, cue up the "good riddance" comments...

:)

(for the record, I still enjoy gun shows, even the lousy ones)

I smelled more old-man-bum-piss than ever at the last show I went to. I knew there was a reason I quit going. Unless there is a revision to 114 that a CCW qualifies as a permit to purchase… the fat lady has sung until it's thrown out on Bruen in 5-10yrs.

Most gun shows already suck.
They will REALLY suck now.

I smelled more old-man-bum-piss than ever at the last show I went to.
I haven't failed to notice this unfortunate fact about gun shows. I'm not sure why this is. There are many elderly gun owners at the shows, and sometimes the elderly can be remiss in their hygiene. My feeling is that elderly gun show habitues are outside the norm in predisposition for this problem. Again I say, I wonder what guns have to do with it.

We have two outfits that put on gun shows in my area.

One is Falcon Gun Shows...and do a pretty good show.
Not too pricey to get in...many different vendors...a decent selection of firearms...no obvious non gun items.
( You will find knives , fishing gear , ammo etc....)
Most folks have decent prices , considering the market of today...many still do trades.
While a good show...it ain't like it used to be....for many reasons.

The other is Big Top Productions...
The best I can say here is that , it is a gun show.
Over priced .....the majority of firearms belong to the show sponsor....trades are very one sided in favor of the sponsor.
Firearms are mostly new as well as being of the current "trendy" types.
Went once....walked around for the WTH shock factor....will never go again.

I will still go the Falcon shows...its fun to look and talk with other gun folk.
The shows of today however are pale imitations of the guns shows of the not so distant past.

As far as Oregon gun shows go...
I don't know how they will work or last with 114 in effect.
Andy

Really, no I'm serious. I like the Rickreall gun shows but why go if you can't buy or sell a gun there? Are we all going to do the parking lot thing? I know there's camaraderie and ammo and parts on and on and on. Will there be guns on display and priced? FFL's can buy correct? Not most of us I guess. See, more rights for the minority and less for the majority.

Will the good Reverend be there to answer questions about his thought process and ignorance? Will he recognize All Churches and places of worship in this country owe their very existence to firearms, men fighting and dying, billions of dollars and a bunch of God fearing folks? No, he'll huddle behind well meaning liberals and rich anti-gun legislators licking their chops to ban private gun ownership altogether.

I'm off my soap box now.

Let me know your thoughts.

If this measure sticks, in the short term gun shows will suffer terribly in gun purchases because of the lack of permits to purchase. However long term there will still be shows and guns will still be bought and sold there just like before. The difference will be there will be less buyers because of the permit to purchase requirement. Many casual gun people or people not already into guns won't jump through the hoops to get a permit. There will also be some gun guys that also won't get a permit because of the infringements. Will that be 50% less or 10%, who knows.

Dealers that mostly rely on gun sales will suffer or just stop going. Dealers that sell parts, accessories or ammo will do just fine. In fact they will likely thrive at first because of all the new gun owners and typical increase in purchasing that accompanies panics.

I will continue to attend my favorite shows unless they decline in finding good deals. About every other show I snag some real awesome things.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top