JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey everyone!

Been awhile since I posted but I wanted to see if anyone has heard of any news from Cascade arms in Olympia. I went over the other day because I was looking at making an AK purchase, and I noticed they had posted a sign saying they were temporarily closed because of a tax concern.

Of course, the note was dated 12/13/15, and I just stopped by yesterday. The number appears to be disconnected. Im guessing they're closed for good? They were my favorite gun shop in town- knew what they were talking about but also friendly.

If you've heard anything let me know, and I guess if you know another good shop in the area i am all ears. :(:eek:

Thanks,

Z

My wife gets nail stuff done at the place next to Cascade and I haven't seen it open for at least a couple months. There were still firearms up on the back wall however. There are two similar places north on Martin Way, on the corner of Martin Way and Kinwood, J&S Guns, and I-5 Guns just south of Galaxy on Martin Way. Of course there is Cabelas too.

I used to go Cascade and they started giving me funny excuses for not having product or not being able to order product. I started shopping at East County Guns in Elma and Andy treats me great. Its a little out of the way, but there is never traffic and its a nice drive and well worth it.

I used to go Cascade and they started giving me funny excuses for not having product or not being able to order product. I started shopping at East County Guns in Elma and Andy treats me great. Its a little out of the way, but there is never traffic and its a nice drive and well worth it.

I'm from Elma & I'll go to Trader Tims first then drive to Oly. No ECG for me.

As far as Cascade Arms I think they are closed for good.:(

Last Edited:
Thanks everyone. I try to avoid Cabela's as much as I can because I can get better gun prices at local shops. I will check out some of the places you guys mentioned. Thanks!

Their website is down and it looks like they are heading for bankruptcy.
Lot of upset people that have paid for merchandise they did not receive, or
left items there to sell on consignment.

I am normally a small business supporter but the markup on firearms stuff at stores seems insane compared to what you can get off the internet.

Unfortunately, I think gun stores will go the way of the movie rental places in a decade or so - there just isn't enough room for profit IMO.

Their website is down and it looks like they are heading for bankruptcy.
Lot of upset people that have paid for merchandise they did not receive, or
left items there to sell on consignment.

Yeah, I saw some reviews on Yelp regarding that. I hadn't been in for about a year or so, so they must have started slipping soon after my last purchase. It's too bad, I liked the guys that worked there. Hopefully everyone who has sitting guns or money can get it back, I would hate to be in a similar situation.

Hopefully everyone who has sitting guns or money can get it back, I would hate to be in a similar situation.

There is Zero chance those people will get what is theirs. Once they file bankruptcy they can say that all of that inventory is missing/lost/sold and the cash paid is just flat gone:(

It's always sad to see a LGS go by the wayside especially in a state that is so anti small business as Washington is.
For years my wife and I have been thinking of starting an RV campground to feed our last year's on this earth and I will not do it in Washington due to all the red tape and BS rules with taxation!!!

I am normally a small business supporter but the markup on firearms stuff at stores seems insane compared to what you can get off the internet.

Unfortunately, I think gun stores will go the way of the movie rental places in a decade or so - there just isn't enough room for profit IMO.
I've done the math and you save maybe 20 buck on most online purchases after shipping and transfer fees.
Yeah I know you can get free shipping at XYZgun. something and transfer fees aren't blah,blah,blah
But where did you see the gun? Did you go to a local gun shop and stand in their warm shop and fondle their guns before buying on line?
Sorry,I just rather support local gun shops cause I want them to be around so I can handle the guns I may be interested in before I buy
They will go away if nobody supports them so they can save that $20 .Then we will only be able to get supplies online and won't be able to go down and get some cleaning supplies and such at the LGS
(stepping off the soap box)

I've done the math and you save maybe 20 buck on most online purchases after shipping and transfer fees.
Yeah I know you can get free shipping at XYZgun. something and transfer fees aren't blah,blah,blah
But where did you see the gun? Did you go to a local gun shop and stand in their warm shop and fondle their guns before buying on line?
Sorry,I just rather support local gun shops cause I want them to be around so I can handle the guns I may be interested in before I buy
They will go away if nobody supports them so they can save that $20 .Then we will only be able to get supplies online and won't be able to go down and get some cleaning supplies and such at the LGS
(stepping off the soap box)

Guess I should have prefaced that with I only buy used guns.

If I were in the position to buy new then I hear that Curts is great and only 30-40 min drive for me.

So anyway,these guys had a 10 year run?. I remember when they left the Bullseye in Tacoma (at least the original owners)
But hey,I was great at what I did for a living but wasn't the business man my father was

The scumbags gladly accepted a $400 cash down payment on a suppressor from me and closed the doors the next day. If they had any character they would have found a way to right the wrong by now. Imagine losing all credibility over a little cash.... no thanks

The scumbags gladly accepted a $400 cash down payment on a suppressor from me and closed the doors the next day. If they had any character they would have found a way to right the wrong by now. Imagine losing all credibility over a little cash.... no thanks
That is worth a small claims filing. Sorry to hear that they did that!

Look them up on Yelp, they are a fraud! Did anyone ever meet Jeremy Beavers, the listed owner?

My mom had several guns placed on consignment after my stepfather passed away —we never received our guns back or money for the guns, initially the sign said a family emergency and then closed by the IRS both excuses seem like a load-because the phone was disconnected and we never heard back. I am wondering if you ever heard anything regarding your stolen items? It appears Per MANTA online the owner is Jeremy Beavers and there is a Jeremy Beavers in Pennsylvania very involved with fire arms on Facebook. Did you ever file a police report or with the State Attorney Generals Office? I'm going to file a report with the State Attorney Generals Office even though it's been a couple years I am still moving forward on this if you are interested in sending me your information I'll be happy to include it in my report.

360Bridges

Email [email protected]

Thank you

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top