JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I carry a ruger LCR 357 daily. If I wasnt worried about being concealed I would carry my XD 45 with Hornady critical defense it usualy stays on top of my night stand next to my 870. But if someone came in my house I would just let my wife use her SXS 12g

I like the S&W M&P 45 for carry most of the time in the PNW, easy to cover up when CC IWB and a better pistol IMHO than the Glock based on the grip and how it fits my hand/shooting style it is a natural fit. When in sorts and a tee shirt S&W 642 works well IWB CC. Might not be fan favorites but they work well for me.

Depends on the day and pistol I'm carrying. A Sig P-229 when I want something somewhat compact and a CZ75 SP-01 when I want "firepower". Having 20 rounds without a reload, and no huge magazine hanging out the end of the grip is nice. With the CZ and two extra mags I have over a box of ammo on my belt.

Me myself, I carry an XDm 3.8 in .40cal. It has TruGlo TFO sights and a Springer Precision trigger job. It rests on my side in an ROG IWB holster, and is loaded with 16 +1 Federal HST 165gr.
We have Glock 22's at work, I'm not a big fan of the glocks. They are good weapons, just not for me. The XD and XDm's fit me like a glove.
My Wife carries a Gen 4 Glock 19. Federal HST 124gr.
My boy carries a gen 4 Glock 22. Federal HST 165gr.
My girl (not old enough to carry yet, only 14) has a walther Pink camo P-22, and we have ran that enough that I would even trust my life with it if needed.

Stay Safe.

At home, this Ruger GP100.

RugerGP100LftSqr533x4002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of people are faced with what handgun to buy for self defense, especially if it's their first.

So my question to you all is, what do you trust to protect your life?

I know what I'm partial to, but I'd like to hear what the NWF members carry or reach for when something goes bump in the middle of the night.

I trust every gun I own........................

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top