JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In the olden non electronic days I carried my original paperwork with me. Now with everything electronic (I no longer have the pre eForms Machine Gun) how do you carry your paperwork? I'm assuming electronic files on a thumb drive should work, but any better ways out there like smart phone apps, etc?

I figured I would bring physical copies as well as electronic, but wondered if there had been advances since I grew up in brute force and ignorance days.Thanks anyway!
Personally I just have hard copies. But I hate technology…. There may be something new out there though.

Save it locally as a .pdf on your stupidphone.
Just watched a video where a pair of lawyers strongly recommended against anything on your phone including pdf files.

The reason is that once you hand over your phone or even show it to Law Enforcement you have given them permission to go through it completely and look for anything that could be used against you even if it's unrelated.

Last Edited:
I put folded up copies of each in ziplocks and stash them in all of my range bags
Literally me too. Folded in half, stuffed in ziplock, folded longways about 4 or 5 times, folded in half and stuffed in the water proof pistol grip on my SBRs or in one case stuffed in a compartment in one of my buttstocks.

Just watched a video where a pair of lawyers strongly recommended against anything on your phone including pdf files.

The reason is that once you hand over your phone or even show it to Law Enforcement you have given them permission to go through it completely and look for anything that could be used against you even if it's unrelated.
This is exactly why I keep paper copies. I'd never want to hand an bubblegum atf agent my phone, unlocked, to show a digital copy of my stamp. Sometimes I type things out to friends in sms text or on this forum that may be read as a little radical or what-have-you. Mostly they are jokes, but could probably get me in trouble if some of the alphabet boys took them the wrong way LOL

Spot on. That's why I don't use my phone for any form of "evidence."

I keep the envelopes in my safe and *if* I remember the envelope comes with me to the range. I also have electronic copies. And I would love to slap a big fat lawsuit on any government agency that tries to publicly embarrass me for an "illegal" SBR. And then I will go after the cuckold who reported me, because gov't agencies don't go after people for nothing.

I keep mine multiple ways.

Stored on my phone. But I'll never show anyone of authority those.
Stored on a thumb drive.
Reduced in size with 4 stamps on a sheet of paper, laminated, in my range bag.

I keep the envelopes in my safe and *if* I remember the envelope comes with me to the range. I also have electronic copies. And I would love to slap a big fat lawsuit on any government agency that tries to publicly embarrass me for an "illegal" SBR. And then I will go after the cuckold who reported me, because gov't agencies don't go after people for nothing.
Let me know how that works out for you. There's state laws against illegal SBRs. I'm 99% confident that if a cop sees you with it, they can and will try to nail you for it.

Last Edited:
Let me know how that works out for you. There's state laws against illegal SBRs. I'm 99% confident that if a cop sees you with it, they can and will try to nail you for it.
A lot of cops don't know sh!t about the law or the bill of rights…..

Sadly.

You can avert a lot of this trouble by not parading your Mk.18 in front of the cops, legally owned or not.

Government agencies work off of tips. People who don't like you will report you. I saw this a lot in my previous career. Be it taxes, firearms, OSHA, or otherwise. So if someone knocks on your door looking for an illegal firearm, you better believe someone told on you. The average person sees a WASR-10 and believes it is fully automatic. Best policy is out of sight, out of mind.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads