What handgun do you trust to save your life?

Reactions
A lot of people are faced with what handgun to buy for self defense, especially if it's their first.

So my question to you all is, what do you trust to protect your life?

I know what I'm partial to, but I'd like to hear what the NWF members carry or reach for when something goes bump in the middle of the night.

My beretta px4 storm

I keep it loaded with 20+1 of +p GDHP and it has a tlr-2 tactical laser/light combo hanging off of the front and trijicons up top.
It sits within arms reach while I sleep, and I sleep more soundly because of it.

I have over 20,000 rounds through that gun and not a single malfunction of any kind. Every time i've ever pulled the trigger on a loaded chamber, that gun has fired without hesitation. It is the standard by which I judge reliability.

Reactions
I trust my 1911. It is loaded with critical defense rounds. I may not have many rounds, but each round will do what it is supposed to do. Now it is train, train train. You can have the best hand gun made, but it is not of much use unless you train with THAT gun. MTC

For around the house, I prefer a shotgun for things that go bump in the night. Less chance of stray rounds and being sued.

Reactions
S&W 386 PD 7 shot revolver loaded with .38 plus P. There is also my Beretta M9 loaded with Ranger SXT. Those would be the primary handguns but I trust all of them or I wouldn't own such a firearm. If I grab the 1917 Webley Mark VI by mistake I'm confident its six .45 ACP Hydra Shoks would do the job. In the end, you are the weapon, not the instrument you choose to wield... :)

Reactions
Glock 23, always! I have a factory 22rd mag in my truck and in my bedroom, so no matter where I am, there's one nearby. If you can't fight your way back to a rifle... atleast fight your way back to a bigger mag! haha

Kimber Custom

Reactions
The one that's in my hands when I need it!
The one you can shoot!!!
I'm guessing this isn't quite what the OP was looking for but I agree with you guys. I trust them all; or maybe more to the point I don't trust any of them. The gun is a tool and won't do anything to save my life unless I use the tool properly. All guns have the ability to be useful in a self defense situation just like all guns have the ability to fail. None of them do any good at home and unfired.

My primary carry gun is a Kimber Custom (go figure) 4" 1911. I carry a HK USP from time to time and keep a G17 in the bedroom and an AR in the office. Given my druthers I'd take any of these over a Jennings .22 but if that's my only option I'd take that over nothing.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Upstanding Vendor!
    Have worked with this business twice and both times were outstanding! Will definitely keep going to him when I'm up in that area! Shoot, will...
    • HA556
  • Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    Hellcat OSP
    I almost put "Limited "Covid induced" inventory" as a Con, but thought that wouldn't really be fair to them! The aftermath of Covid has depleted...
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done a lot of deals here
    Gary's easy to work with when in town.
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Business!
    I have been going to Vancouver Weapon Werx for years and know both owners quite well. The only downfall is I go there to purchase or have a gun...
  • SafeFire Indoor Shooting Range & Retail
    5.00 star(s)
    A great, safe place to go shooting
    Love this place!! Great staff, the range masters are friendly, helpful and alert. This is a safe place to shoot. The store is kind of low on stock...
    • GWS
Top Bottom