JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am an old man grew up hunting never slept in a trailer or 100k moterhome like some do when hunting , always been a tent and welp after many years of hunting and adding to my set up I think I am finally finished , have a 16x16 military tent with a wood stove and a 12x20 cook shack stove, oven, and huge 18x36 griddle lol 20171105_091140.jpg 20171103_090306.jpg 20171110_184548.jpg 20171106_104914.jpg 20171111_063620.jpg

I think someone likes camping as much as hunting!

Nice rig, 45/70! The last place my buddy's and I hunted extensively had a big farm shop but we chose to tent camp for years before taking the owner up on camping in the shop!
On the other hand, as age crept up that shop became a lifesaver!
Again, nice rig and thanks for sharing! :)

The propane torch helps tremendously doesn't it! I love mine :cool:
Oh yah it does , we use it to start the wood stove and the fire pit lol, love the wood stove we picked up double wall , I hooked up a 12 v computer fan and a switch makes the tent nice and toasty when it's 20 out side

Here is a pick of a log we got along side the road lol it was 47 long and 36 across , good thing the younger guys were there to load it up in my truck .

20171109_181433.jpg

Your camp reminds me of my great uncles. They managed sawmills around Weippe Idaho and every year would shut down the mill to go elk hunting. One had a string of pack horses, they would pack into the Pete King region for 9 days. My dad was a young guy. Those trips were almost like a basic training experiance to him. Learning about masculinity, the men in the family and where he fits. My grandfather died when my dad was 19 so those trips (after my grandfather's death) helped cement my dad's personality and ethic. Hunting and being in the outdoors is such a cathartic experiance that goes a long way in explaining our place and purpose in life. I am a firm believer that our society is so sterile that it produces the insanity like ANTIFA, mass shooters, drug abusers in our midst. Hamburger comes from the supermarket......(right?) we all live (in this body) forever and it is always someone else's fault when we get sick or die. I love your camp. It is also similar to the camps we used to build in the Blue Mountains. Great job.

Your camp reminds me of my great uncles. They managed sawmills around Weippe Idaho and every year would shut down the mill to go elk hunting. One had a string of pack horses, they would pack into the Pete King region for 9 days. My dad was a young guy. Those trips were almost like a basic training experiance to him. Learning about masculinity, the men in the family and where he fits. My grandfather died when my dad was 19 so those trips (after my grandfather's death) helped cement my dad's personality and ethic. Hunting and being in the outdoors is such a cathartic experiance that goes a long way in explaining our place and purpose in life. I am a firm believer that our society is so sterile that it produces the insanity like ANTIFA, mass shooters, drug abusers in our midst. Hamburger comes from the supermarket......(right?) we all live (in this body) forever and it is always someone else's fault when we get sick or die. I love your camp. It is also similar to the camps we used to build in the Blue Mountains. Great job.
I am no

Dad gum phone lol
I grew up hunting and fishing , I am now 51 and remember carrying a bb gun and hunting with my father when I was a kid. I grew up respecting the outdoors , animals and the land owners. We set up camp 2 days early and are up there for 11 days, when I was younger in my early teens we use to elk hunt the blues and hells canyon then moved to the fossil unit and I am still there 30 years later lol. I live to hunt and love bringing new people into the hunting world .

Nice camp OP.

My elk camp during archery (12+ hours of daylight) looks like a tired old man sleeping in the cab...pre-cooked food, snacks, and a small stove for tea.

I'm usually a loner; I turn my Chevy half-ton into a conestoga wagon with PVC bows and a tarp, with a 10x10 or 10x20 pop-up; only if I rifle hunt away from home (in the SE Trask unit).

All my efforts to hunt with others always ends up in a disaster; somebody always brings their "thrown" to camp with them; bossing people around...etc.

I have a problem with taking orders.....duh.

:oops:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads