JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is awesome! Is it a manual? I got admit I'm a bit jealous.
It is, 5 speed manual. Imported from France (hence LHD). I blew the motor in short order, spent the next 9 months making payments on the upgraded 3L (2.8 liter) from the 2L-ii (2.4 liter). Roll bar is being repaired, and I'm socking away $ to finish the "technical" conversion... someday.

It is, 5 speed manual. Imported from France (hence LHD). I blew the motor in short order, spent the next 9 months making payments on the upgraded 3L (2.8 liter) from the 2L-ii (2.4 liter). Roll bar is being repaired, and I'm socking away $ to finish the "technical" conversion... someday.
I wouldn't even know where to start the import process but man, that is cool!

I wouldn't even know where to start the import process but man, that is cool!
it's a pain, but worth it. There are businesses importing them from time to time, so you can buy one already Us titled and skip to step 6.

Most Hiluxes in the US are selling for $18k-$25K

1. buy vehicle overseas, at least 25 years old
2. get a customs broker
3. ship it over (with lots of paperwork)
4. pay 25% excise tax
5. let customs screw around for like 6 months
6. win

it's a pain, but worth it. There are businesses importing them from time to time, so you can buy one already Us titled and skip to step 6.

Most Hiluxes in the US are selling for $18k-$25K

1. buy vehicle overseas, at least 25 years old
2. get a customs broker
3. ship it over (with lots of paperwork)
4. pay 25% excise tax
5. let customs screw around for like 6 months
6. win
Wow I didn't know it was that expensive. Have an old 928 that was imported grey market a long time ago. All the gauges are in German so I never know what the warning messages mean! :p No smog stuff though so quite a bit more hp than us versions.

I haven't seen a thread here for cars. Well, maybe I just didn't look for one, so if there already is, this is moot. I figure there's enough folks here with an eye for mean muscle, supercars, foreign, antique, historic, interesting, or downright weird cars.
One of my favorites is a '67 Chevell SS, but not uncommon as someone's personal favorite. Beautiful lines and stance, and the 4 barrel 350 purred like a lion. Quintessential muscle car that will live in car history forever.
1967-chevrolet-chevelle-ss.jpeg

On another note, I came across this, and wanted to share it with you guys. Apparently it's a "1958 Golden Sahara II with Goodyear's Illuminated Neothane Glow-Tyres".
FB_IMG_1701630400291.jpg
I found it to be a fascinating car. It was a Goodyear concept car designed by George Barris, the same guy who designed the 1966 Batmobile and the Munster coach.

Show some of your favorites, discuss, critique, share what you like... or don't like!

Last Edited:
Well, there's only two cars and one era, so there's that.

View attachment 1775030

View attachment 1775033

With credit given to
View attachment 1775034

:D
I love the Olds! A buddy of mine had one about 20 years ago, all stock, straight, and clean, would've been an easy restoration project, but he bought it just to pull the 5.4 out and drop in a ford longbed. I wanted the shell, but he pushed it into a junk hole and used it for target practice 😒. Complete waste! We had a lot of fun turning it into Swiss cheese after that, but watching the first few holes go through it hurt my soul.

I love the Olds! A buddy of mine had one about 20 years ago, all stock, straight, and clean, would've been an easy restoration project, but he bought it just to pull the 5.4 out and drop in a ford longbed. I wanted the shell, but he pushed it into a junk hole and used it for target practice 😒. Complete waste! We had a lot of fun turning it into Swiss cheese after that, but watching the first few holes go through it hurt my soul.
Never been a big car guy, other than to admire them. All I had were my dad's cars. Then at 18 ('73), I was blessed with a car from some good family friends, for $400.00 I got a 1963 Rambler Ambassador with 63,000 miles on it. A best friend that I had known form 4th grade some how procured a 1964 Chevelle SS with a gutless 2 speed auto trans when we were in high school. Wasn't fast, but was quite good looking. Then in our senior year a couple years later he traded it off for a 1970 Road Runner. Had shackles and the bigger rear tires. Also had a friend and next door neighbor that put together a '64 GTO from two cars. Watching Mecum Auctions makes me ache inside for a neat, pre-'73 basically stock American classic.

I'm a big fan of the late 70s, mid 80s RWD bricks. Like the 87 Grand National... Cutlass 442... also like the FWD midsized A-bodies from 1982 to 1996, granted my first car was an 86 Chevy celebrity and then a 94 Olds Ciera wagon, 93 Buick Century wagon, but I've also owned a 91 Skylark, a 98 Suzuki Esteem.. my two personal favorite cars I owned.. 1983 Olds Ciera 2 door in 2 tone paint, granted a boat anchor 4 cylinder but man the ride was cushy... pillow top seats!. 2001 Kia Sportage 2wd.. 5 speed sweetness. Good sized and good ability for the limits it has.

Cars I don't own but have always liked... Camaro/Firebird, 70s to 80s, Corvettes, particularly the 1957 one... Willys-CJ Jeeps to TJ Wranglers.. square body Cherokees and square body GM/Chevy trucks. S10/S15 Blazer/Jimmy twins..

Edit, can't forget all the military vehicles worldwide :s0140: with special attention to the Dodge WC/Power Wagon series

I haven't owned or driven anything worth mention. My wife's Honda Odyssey is, by far, the nicest vehicle we've had. Personally, I've had numerous honda civics and accords, different models circa '84-'96. I used to buy them cheap as the 100th owner and ride the wheels off. Had a '92 chevy 1500, a '95 dodge Dakota, '88 ram, '01 rodeo with 4 wheel on the fly that was pretty fun. Like I said though, nothing worthwhile. I was hoping to start a thread for some real eye-candy classics, but I can't say I've ever had any.

Why did the car thread get merged into this thread...

I thought the car thread was about "cars you like, not necessarily "cars you drive"? May as well as merge the SHTF/Apocalypse vehicle thread into this? :s0140:
We had a car thread? I knew we have "what do you drive?" thread, but I was not aware that we had a "just cars" thread... o_O

Ahhhhhhhhhh...

Appears to have gotten to only about 5 or 6 posts before it got merged with the What Do You Drive? thread...

Well, there's only two cars and one era, so there's that.

View attachment 1775030

View attachment 1775033

With credit given to
View attachment 1775034

:D
You've got good taste. Had a 65' gto hardtop tri-power (389 bored out to 428). Never had a roadrunner but was on the lookout for a satellite for years. Never was a mopar guy I guess but always like the charger and road runner body style 68-70'. Never had a 442 but had same year (could be a year later?) cutlass.

Last Edited:
You've got good taste. Had a 65' gto hardtop tri-power (389 bored out to 428). Never had a roadrunner but was on the lookout for a satellite for years. Never was a mopar guy I guess but always like the charger and road runner body style 68-70'. Never had a 442 but had same year (could be a year later?) cutlass.
One of two best friends, He bought a GTO, had a bad motor. He got suckered. So he bought another with a bad body/good motor. Over a period of time he worked it up with an original paint job, and I want to say, a 400 something motor was stock in a 64/65? Hurst 4-speed manual. No Tri-Power or anything particularly hot. But damn it was pretty! A year or so later he slid it off the road in snow storm and messed up the frame. We all worked, but not jobs that brought in that much money! That was just out of high school! He's passed on some years ago. A lot of the people I grew up going to school with have passed on.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top