JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Soooo, Supreme Commander asked me what I'd like for Xmas. Geez I don't know.

I currently have two 9mm handguns (STI and CZ)and two browning shotguns (425 and XT trap). Happy with them all for what they do and what I use them for.
I'm not a competitive handgun shooter. Have done some competition shotgun shooting (sporting clays and trap).

I don't know what I want but figured that the kind folks on this forum probably do, so answer up....
What do I want for Christmas??

I got this today, but can't have it till Christmas. She felt it best to get the rifle before election panic. I can't even see it till Christmas, as it's with her parents now.:(

colt1.jpg colt2.jpg

colt1.jpg

colt2.jpg

You want a Barrett .50 rifle! Coincidentally, I want the same thing. Oh, and you also want some handguns that are bigger than 9mm too. Just because 9mm can get boring.

Truthfully, maybe you would like a nice revolver? .357 mag perhaps? Everyone needs a wheel gun.

Rifle? AR-15 (everybody has to have at lease one) or a collectors item like a M-1 Garand from the CMP. The Service Grade ones I have seen lately are really nice. Rifle Sales - M1 Garand

If you want to stay with handguns how about a nice S & W 357 magnum revolver? Or a 45 auto 1911 many great manufactures?

You want an AR10 lower, an AR15 lower, both laser etched with your face on one side, and jesus riding a raptor on the other side.

You also want a pallet of .308, a pallet of 5.56, and a case of dragon's breath. Plus an invite to go hang out with the FPSRussia dude.

In all seriousness, I do recommend a rifle. A rifle is what guns are really all about. To hit something with accuracy at a distance - you need a rifle. A rifle is the ultimate expression of the idea of a firearm. Pistols are great and have their place and I love mine, but if you don't own a rifle, your collection has a big hole.

Just my opinion.

You could get a Savage Mark III in .22LR (which is a bolt-action) to start. The Ruger 10/22 is really popular, though I find it more appealing as a customization platform than as a practical .22 (I prefer the bolt-action Savage).

Or get a full-sized centerfire caliber - .223, .308 .30-06, .30-30, etc. I'd stick with a major cartridge rather than get into something less common. I'd pick one of the major platforms (e.g., Rem 700) in a caliber you like. You'll be able to improve/expand it in the future.

I got nothing but love for AR-15s - that's another avenue as well.

If you have any interest in military history, then military surplus rifles are an entire other universe to explore.

An AK47 or AK74. When crap hits the fan, you gonna want something reliable and powerful enough. You can afford to shoot it and it has a lot of history. Granted what you find now days are the "modern" versions but who cares. Get one while you can before the "assault rifle" ban starts again. I hear Obama and Mittens running their mouth about the ban and how automatics are so evil.... well my AK and Glocks are automatics (in function).... the average sheep does not know the difference between semi automatic and fully automatic.

As a bachelor w/o a wife or other such parasites, Xmas presents are pretty much a year round thing but this will be what I will be putting under my imaginary tree. Red Jacket 10/22 Bullpup.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Wife left long ago, finally got my two daughters raised and out, so I have started a gun buying spree like no other. Wasn't able to buy and or hang onto even one gun for many years. With the freedom of living alone and with all my bills paid, I can finally pursue my hobby. Need a bigger safe though...
So that is what I want for Christmas, are you listening Santa?

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews