JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Working through 300 .223 at the bullet stage then back to 300 BLK
IMG_20210104_180942482.jpg

Just did ten rounds of .308 today to see if the AR-10 likes the 150gr bullets. Hornady 150gr BT with 44 grains of 4895. For some reason, it's best groups have been with factory Federal 150gr loads. Cleaned and trimmed the cases from the factory Federal loads and filled 'em back up.

Hoping it likes them as I have around 300 of those and would like to get them all loaded and stockpiled.

IMG_20210106_213607767.jpg

100 rounds of 357 magnum: 158 grain Berry's plated round nose over HS-6. A fairly mild load but lots of fun out of a Ruger GP-100 w/4.2" barrel. Burns pretty clean as well.

Try loading a couple hundie of those 9mm in a sitting with the ol' Rock Chucker single stage! Helps keep the arthritis at bay!

Or sending you to the medicine cabinet because of it.:eek::eek::eek:
Do you know it's a good thing that I'm retired because nowadays when I overdo it, which seems to be a lot lately, I can just sit back and take it easy however long it takes, not having to worry about calling in. LOL
You guys will get there eventually, just keep plugging.

Last Edited:
Oh and just show you that I am taking it easy after tweaking my back this weekend. I went through my brass recycling bucket, yeah pretty sad right and I have 15.7 pounds of 22 Long rifle cases.

67D9DDA9-25A0-4A3D-BDE8-04CEC108C05B.jpeg To tell you the truth there hasn't been that much brass left for me to pick up at my pit because of brass whores that are invading it. I've already ran two off.:mad:

Last Edited:
I decaped a bunch of clean 9mm today. Going to use recycled (decaped, unspent) primers on this batch. Have not done that before. We'll see how reliable they are. From what I've read, they should work just fine.
Cheers

100 rounds of 357 magnum: 158 grain Berry's plated round nose over HS-6. A fairly mild load but lots of fun out of a Ruger GP-100 w/4.2" barrel. Burns pretty clean as well.
HS-6 is one of my favorite powders for heavier pistol loads. Seems like it always burns pretty clean for me in 45ACP.

Couple of more loads to try in the new Glock to see if I can get it to acceptable accuracy levels. Don't really like Blue Dot and Power Pistol, since they seem quite flashy have more recoil than they should, but the couple of loads I used them for in .40 S&W and 10mm, they were very accurate. So held my nose and worked up a couple of loads for the Glock using 7.0 grains of Power Pistol and 8.5 grains of Blue Dot behind 180gr bullets. Have to wait until next week to see if they work.

IMG_20210113_021752151.jpg

I put together 100 45Colts using Hornady 250grain XTPs that I found at BiMart yesterday :) Almost intoxicating building such expensive(in factory form) loads like these! I also managed to sort out the 45ACP brass from the 9mm from the last range trip. Hoping to reload the 9mm soon.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top