JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@Whisky Tahoe , wow... didn't know that machine existed. Pretty nice, and not as expensive as I expected.
I talked myself into needing it last year when I was reloading my 338-378 Weatherby cases and noticing the necks were separating on half the cases after one or two reloads. That brass runs ~ $5 each!

Now if I was honest, I would have realized I'm never going to survive shooting enough 338-378 to recover my cost. Fortunately the real value is with competition quality brass prep.

AMP has great research that supports annealing in general regardless of which method is being used.
Check it out! Brass Annealing Machine | Home | Annealing Made Perfect (located under research)

The only ones I had seen previously involved a sort of stand and holder, kind of a lot of money to do it by hand, it seemed to me. Having a way to make it precise and repeatable seems worth a little more.

Welp, time for me to quit yakking, and get to reloading, got a big box of handmade poly coat bullets, waiting for temporary housing.

Worked up a simple ladder for my 300BLK pistol using W296 powder today. I started loading 15.3, 15.5, 15.7 & 16g either converted brass and CCI450 primers.

I'm thinking the 16g loais the ticket...;)

80A3EF70-787C-4C16-8B28-F8AEAD311064.jpeg
my home built 300.
889C5972-6425-4C0D-8DDB-8198BCCA2ABB.jpeg

The .300 BLK appears to have some real accuracy potential and a fun round to experiment with.

I never really knew exactly what the round looked like until i found some brass left at a local shooting area. Kind of a new and improved .30 Carbine.

If i had more interest in in some kind of AR platform I would seriously consider assembling one myself however I would be all over a Ruger PCC if it were chambered in the .300!

I wonder how it would shoot with a 110 gr JRN or a 110 Gr Speer Plinker?
IMG_2045[1].JPG
IMG_2047[1].JPG

Last Edited:
I never really knew exactly what they looked like until i found some brass left at a local shooting area. Kind of a new and improved .30 Carbine.
The Blackout is different things to different people, but for me it fills the role of a sort of new and improved .30 Carbine. I thought that when I first started shooting it.

I cast my own bullets, so I use the Lee 160gr gas checked, powder coated bullets, over H110 powder. The interesting thing is the cost of loading, when compared to the .30 carbine. I use half again as much lead per bullet, but that doesn't mean much since I'm using range scrap that costs me nothing but time. I use a nearly identical powder charge as the carbine, just a grain or so more. Brass is cheaper than carbine brass. Velocity is nearly identical to the carbine, with a bullet 50% heavier and more accurate! My cast bullets consistently stay within 2" @100yds. That's fine for my purposes.

The Blackout is different things to different people, but for me it fills the role of a sort of new and improved .30 Carbine. I thought that when I first started shooting it.

I cast my own bullets, so I use the Lee 160gr gas checked, powder coated bullets, over H110 powder. The interesting thing is the cost of loading, when compared to the .30 carbine. I use half again as much lead per bullet, but that doesn't mean much since I'm using range scrap that costs me nothing but time. I use a nearly identical powder charge as the carbine, just a grain or so more. Brass is cheaper than carbine brass. Velocity is nearly identical to the carbine, with a bullet 50% heavier and more accurate! My cast bullets consistently stay within 2" @100yds. That's fine for my purposes.

Yes indeed, the move for me to go with this caliber is to fill the niche of the under 100 yard CQC defense. Yes I have an A.R. pistol with a 7 1/2 inch barrel but I like to have the punch of a 155 grain HPBT instead of a 55-62g bullet.

I definitely need to get some bullet molds so I can cast my own. I have over 200 pounds of soft lead that I was thinking about selling but times have changed.

That's just the way I roll these days, It's all about protection instead of just going out and shooting for the fun of it. Play to win sort of mind frame.

Last Edited:
After a successful load ladder test I loaded 193 300BLK with 16g of W296 with 155 HPBT pills. I loaded two magazines with 25 in each that's not in the pic.;)

B5400FBB-6BBE-4080-8F94-03FC813CCA56.jpeg

B25C5CB9-EB29-4A88-A586-A9D408585CFC.jpeg

During this loading session my Lee Pro1000 went titts up so I switched dies to the 4 hole Turret. :(

7C096D78-607E-4A6C-90C2-FD12C3CCF3B0.jpeg

I loaded up (200) 40 S&W with 180 gr Hornady XTP bullets and HS-6 powder. No harm in loading up some more self defense type rounds but I do wish I could get some more Berry's bullets. Still have a few empty pieces of range brass calling my name. Which also reminds me I am going to have to get a little more serious about finding some small pistol primers also.

88042C95-8017-408E-A644-EE7B265794D0_1_201_a.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads