JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Another 100 rounds of 9mm self-defense loads using Hornady 124gr XTPs and 5.4gr of Ramshot Silhouette. CCI small pistol primers. Winchester virgin brass casings.

Normally like to transition over to Speer Gold Dots this time of year, but can't find any locally.

I still only have a Lee single-stage press, and an RCBS powder measure from the 70's, so 100 rounds even with virgin brass takes over 3 hours.

But, seeing that there is absolutely no 9mm available locally, I'm thankful that I can roll my own. Doing much less shooting lately in order to conserve my stockpile.

My bench is a mess, but the ammo is good, consistent, and accurate...

IMG_20200617_033717278.jpg

Been casting a bunch.. like a couple hours x2/24 hrs. Might try some clear polymer floor polish for lube jfsag on some to see if it works.
I'll let you know.

Went to the RMR website to see what they had. Wanted some more of the MPR hollow points in 124 grain for 9mm and it showed out of stock but backorder OK. Clicked on it and added 250 bullets anyway just since I figured they'd be back in stock relatively soon.

Hopefully they'll get them cranked out and sent, but they were just for stockpile anyway since I already have a decent amount of 9mm components on hand. Just trying to buy it whenever I can find it these days.

Finally made it through all that .45 ACP brass... somewhere around 3000 rounds, after I added another bag of bulge busted brass. I'll have to put a pic up after it all goes through the tumbler... shiny treasure! Of course, after I got most of it processed, I found another couple of gallon ziplock bags full that haven't been bulge busted, yet, but I think that can stay separate, since it is Federal Match mixed with range pickup, large and small primer.
Thinking I need to loctite the pawl adjustment screws on the LnL press, the timing keeps moving on me and needing to be readjusted on the fly. When the timing is dead on, it's a joy to use this thing with the casefeeder.

Still a huge pile of 9mm brass to process, but I'm in pretty good shape there, with a couple of gallons of processed that just needs to go through the tumbler and be primed. Started shooting trap, so won't have to load QUITE as much 9mm for a bit, but there's probably a shotshell reloader in my near future.

*wanders off, grumbling something about "8.99 a box" and " stupid panic buying 2 box limits" *

Didn't reload anything, but did manage to find some good deals on components. Bought another 200 rounds of new Winchester 9mm brass for $34 and the last of their Hornady .308 150 grain FMJ BT bullets, which was only 50, but they cost me $14.50.

Still trying to scoop up components here and there as I have given up on loaded ammo, though my 5.56 is rather low at probably under 1000 rounds.

Man, I was at Sportsman's last night to get shells for today... as always, I took a stroll down the reloading aisle, and it was absolutely wiped out. Worse than the height of pandemic panic, I know they had at least caught up on powder, but in maybe 30' of shelf there were about 4 jugs of powder left. A few large pistol primers, some shotshelll primers, that's about it, except for the overpriced projectiles. ( $40-$50 per 250 of .45 ACP is a bit rich, for me. )

Yeah, rifle powder is where I'm weak. I just started reloading .308 and decided to go with Varget. I bought two pounds of it online a couple of months ago and got sticker shock. $86 delivered. I loaded up 100 rounds and was surprised that it didn't leave much in the first jug.

I was just in my LGS last week and saw a couple of cans of 4895 on the shelf and passed it by since I already had an armful of 9mm cases and bullets and payday was a week away. I highly doubt it's still there. But if it is when I go to town tomorrow, I will add it to my stash.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top