JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Last I checked, Midway had some stock, but I had to get a couple of different brands. 1k limit on each specific kind. A bit spendy, at 34.95 plus that hazmat charge.

I loaded up (200) 40 S&W with 180 gr Hornady XTP bullets and HS-6 powder. No harm in loading up some more self defense type rounds but I do wish I could get some more Berry's bullets. Still have a few empty pieces of range brass calling my name. Which also reminds me I am going to have to get a little more serious about finding some small pistol primers also.

View attachment 707556
Looks nice!

Except for that one way way back in the back row.... :D

I just checked Berrys website for bullets that I use and they are all sold out. Extreme is the same way. I will get a back order from 10 weeks ago this week that will have some small pistol primers and 9mm Speer Gold Dots. My other back order that I placed a couple days after this one that would have more small and large pistol primers as well as some 38 cal Gold Dots hasn't shipped yet. My local Bi-Mart did get a few bricks of primers last week so I'm guardedly hopeful that things are edging back towards the old normal.

Hmm, well I reloaded 200 .45 long Colt. Why? because I wanted to find a light recoil load that everyone (including myself) likes to shoot
and is accurate. I found one or two. Switched from 5.5 gr. of Titegroup, 230 gr. RNFP, to 200 gr. RNFP and 5.9 gr of HP-38. Mild and very accurate out to 20-25 yards.
Working up to 6.4 gr. gives the same results. But at 5.9 gr. of HP-38 my Cimarron copy of the 1873 SAA Colt will count to five very fast! If fanning a .45LC is your
thing, this works well. I don't recommend this to everyone so do it by yourself and deep in the woods.

Coated and sized ~ 1100 9mm bullets, 135 grain hand cast TC. Processing brass by the bucketload, will probably change the press over and load a bunch of rounds, tomorrow. Really liking the Lee Bench Prime tool, it's a lot easier on the hands than the Frankford Arsenal one. Primed around 1000 cases, and my hands are fine. Haven't been real satisfied with the priming system on the LnL press, I mean it cycles fine, but it leaves big marks on the primers, some of them don't seat flush, and if a crimped pocket slips through, it jams halfway in, stopping the press. The Lee tool either seats a primer in the crimped pocket, or gives enough resistance feedback that I can stop before it's jammed in there... so I can just go, " oh, a crimp" and chuck it in the junk bucket. The seated primers look perfect, like factory ones. Was doing 100 primers in the 6 minutes between having to move bullets in/out of the oven outside. Overall, a pretty good day.

A few Prairie Dog pills for the MT trip next week. 204 Ruger and 22BR
Hope to bring back just the empty brass!

20200612_114520.jpg

Used the 3D Printed 300 Blackout Cutoff Chute to cut 400+ cases while having to do a few minor adjustments. Thanks @umrek.
It's kind a like cheating with not having to sweep up all those cut off's everywhere in the shop that you are sure to find a few remnants a few months afterwards...:s0140::s0140::s0140:

A few Prairie Dog pills for the MT trip next week. 204 Ruger and 22BR
Hope to bring back just the empty brass!

View attachment 709689
This brings back memories. I miss going on Prairie Dog trips, it's been 7 yrs since last outing. :( I would load all winter and we'd go for 2 weeks to the Dakotas. Bring 7-8 rifles each and shoot from sun up till sun down. Wasn't uncommon to burn through 4-5K rounds a trip.

Sounds like some funs times! You should get back. It is quite a project to gather up 500 or pieces of brass for each rifle then pick a load and get it all processed and loaded. This trip came together quickly so the last 2 weeks were hours at the load bench. I had to neck down 475 pieces of 6BR brass to 22cal. But I do love reloading. I have the portable equip and arbor press to load in the motel room at night but decided against it. 2 of us are taking 7 rifles. Should be an adventure.
17HMR
204 Ruger
22BR
6x47
6BR
6SLR

Sounds like some funs times! You should get back. It is quite a project to gather up 500 or pieces of brass for each rifle then pick a load and get it all processed and loaded. This trip came together quickly so the last 2 weeks were hours at the load bench. I had to neck down 475 pieces of 6BR brass to 22cal. But I do love reloading. I have the portable equip and arbor press to load in the motel room at night but decided against it. 2 of us are taking 7 rifles. Should be an adventure.
17HMR
204 Ruger
22BR
6x47
6BR
6SLR

And it's a good thing you are retired. :s0140:
That is very time consuming but yeah, it's a love to do kind of thing for us, right.;)

17HMR
204 Ruger
22BR
6x47
6BR
6SLR
Thought for SURE there'd be a .223 in there somewhere!

1249 9mm rounds for practice. 125 grain no-name black poly coat slugs ( with the poly chipping off in places, probably won't buy this brand again) over 3.8 grains of Titegroup. A bit spicier recoil than my usual gamer loads, to train grip and rapid fire. Now, to process all that .45 acp match brass....

black bullets.jpg

~ 2500 rounds of Federal Match .45 ACP brass, lubed with one-shot. Gotta run this through the bulge buster before processing, some of the extractor marks are ferocious.

45acp brass.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads