JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well if brass prep is part of reloading...I'm working on tumbling 10k rds of 5.56/.223 in my dry tumbler. I'll be posting for sale once 1st tumble is down. Then go from there processing it step by step until sold. I may lose my mind LOLo_O

Rolled 50rds 357 with 7gr unique. Shot like a modified choke from the scoped 5" 686,
Surprised you're accuracy was poor in your 686.

This is my 'pet' load with a 158 gr PFP bullet and it shoots VERY well out of both MY 4" Mod 66 and Henry BBB.

What bullet are you using?

Pouring rain here today so I may put in some reloading time. Still a little under the weather from a 'digestive' issue that kept me inside and on the couch most of the day yesterday but I can sit upright today!

Last Edited:
Good Saturday. 1600 9mm 124gr FJM-RN and 550 10mm 180gr HAP.
Switched the 9mm press over to run 165gr subs.

Every time I load 165gr 9mm its amazing how long the bullet is. It looks like a tube of lipstick. But boy do they shoot great with 3g of TiteGroup.

D61D8C04-EC57-4939-97B7-F97BCBAE6207.jpeg

cast and coated a bunch of bullets, today, after range practice. More .380, and breaking in a new MP molds mold for 9mm 130 grain bevel base. Between yesterday and today, so far I've done about 1500 of 9mm, all with aa2. loaded 135's, that I cast a while back and coated, a bunch of 147's, and about 500 leftover Blue Bullets 115's. Pic shows about 250 of 'em, I already shot the other tub. :) Now that I've ladder tested the green ones, I can crank some out!

red bullets.jpg blue bullets.jpg

The scope was not high power. Vortex viper PST 1-4. The dot in the center of the reticle is 1" @ 100 yds so I'll be happy just to repeat this. It's a load work up with random range brass out of a 16" carbine I'll be using for 3-gun. Was just wanting to use a bullet that will hammer the steel a little more so the RO can call the hits easier.
With the limited 4X scope and 16 " barrel I think you are doing great. ;)

Surprised you're accuracy was poor in your 686.

This is my 'pet' load with a 158 gr PFP bullet and it shoots VERY well out of both MY 4" Mod 66 and Henry BBB.

What bullet are you using?

Pouring rain here today so I may put in some reloading time. Still a little under the weather from a 'digestive' issue that kept me inside and on the couch most of the day yesterday but I can sit upright today!

I was using a 158gr Extreme plated bullet with a minimal crimp into the cannelure. The powder is old, which might have had something to do with it, but every pistol is different. My 5" 686 loves CFE 6.5gr... 7 shot group..

31AE7DD3-334A-43BD-BEE2-0A4B77291818.jpeg

I call mine a weenie pad. I don't like to shoot big magnums rifles anymore. Even an old 30/06 with a steel buttplate . I have to use a shooting coat or my weenie pad

Glad I'm not the only one. I was actually able to shoot the Swede, with factory ammo without hurting. Same with the Garand. For awhile anyway. I still strap it on though. That 03A3 though :(. I learned what a true "Flinch" was. Still saddens me to have had to trade that off. What a beauty it was. :(

If seismic would sell just the projectile I'd be all over that.

I do 2.6gr of Titegroup with 165s. 775FPS. What a giggle through a can!

Even bigger giggle with a form 1 K Scorpian, a can, AND a binary trigger.....:D. My teenage boys loving the 30rd mags... for a few seconds. = why I reload.

IMG_1327 2.jpg

To keep on topic, I loaded 1500 165gn 9mm subs yesterday. Going to keep running them to load up all of the 6k of the projectiles on hand. I will peck away at them this week and get them loaded and case gauged.

Last Edited:
Even bigger giggle with a form 1 K Scorpian, a can, AND a binary trigger.....:D. My teenage boys loving the 30rd mags... for a few seconds. = why I reload.

View attachment 698377

To keep on topic, I loaded 1500 165gn 9mm subs yesterday. Going to keep running them to load up all of the 6k of the projectiles on hand. I will peck away at them this week and get them loaded and case gauged.
That sounds like a blast! My 5.45 loads are to get some baselines so I can do very similar with a Bulgarian Krink. I plan to figure out my 60gr load then start swaging 77s and 90gr projectiles. Maybe some 112gr if I can find them. It's got a 1:6.3 twist which is much more aggressive than the chopped 16" barrels. Hopefully be pushing about 1050FPS out of a 8.3" krink with a can. With factory ammo it has a fireball out of the can. Can't be good for blast baffles!

What projectile do you use? I've only tried the Xtreme plated 165s.

Got some more 5.45 loaded yesterday. More test loads. 22.5-24gr of CFE223 in 0.5gr increments. The small thrower on my Dillon maxed out at 24gr with that powder.

That sounds like a blast! My 5.45 loads are to get some baselines so I can do very similar with a Bulgarian Krink. I plan to figure out my 60gr load then start swaging 77s and 90gr projectiles. Maybe some 112gr if I can find them. It's got a 1:6.3 twist which is much more aggressive than the chopped 16" barrels. Hopefully be pushing about 1050FPS out of a 8.3" krink with a can. With factory ammo it has a fireball out of the can. Can't be good for blast baffles!

What projectile do you use? I've only tried the Xtreme plated 165s.

Got some more 5.45 loaded yesterday. More test loads. 22.5-24gr of CFE223 in 0.5gr increments. The small thrower on my Dillon maxed out at 24gr with that powder.

Xtream plated 165s are what I am loading. They are the only source for 165s that I know of, they work well for what we use them for.

Your 5.45 loads sound fun working up.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads