JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Back when I started my trek to lose weight at 259lbs, when I exercised or stood up suddenly I got dizzy also. Never had that sensation before in my whole life, about 58 at the time. Blood pressure was a little high, but not terrible. Blood work and heart test ok - BTW distrust hospitals/doctors so that was no fun.

As it turned out I just was depleted of trace minerals, mostly salts, potassium, iron. Was raised and believed the gov narrative that salts, fats, meats are bad, bad, bad, but eat all the sugar laden GMO 'foods' you want, grains, and eat 3-6 times a day.

Look at your mid day piss. If nearly clear, you are not getting enough trace minerals. Not saying this is the problem for sure, but it definitely happens to people who radically change their eating patterns and are avoiding salt/fats, or meats (iron).
Majority of people don't get enough potassium.

Instead of eating a bunch of avocados or bananas, just get some no-salt substitute.
With minerals, there is often a teeter-todder effect going on - salt vs potassium, zinc vs copper, etc - they balance each other out. So if you eat a LOT of salt, definitely use potassium to balance it out.

Option: Add Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) with the mother to your morning routine and before sleep.

Have a big back yard so got a bag of softballs and a rebound screen. You know, totally age un-appropriate. However, just about everyone I know has only one social routine - Let's meet up, sit, eat and drink and BS.

So if I want to get any non-gym exercise in, I have to learn how to play with myself. Not normally a big challenge! hahaha.

Shovel work and cinder blocks under the rear deck, turning a long sloping bank into several 10x10' flat/level tiers. The outside temp shot up past 90 at 1100 here, so there will be none of that nonsense today.

Back when I started my trek to lose weight at 259lbs, when I exercised or stood up suddenly I got dizzy also. Never had that sensation before in my whole life, about 58 at the time. Blood pressure was a little high, but not terrible. Blood work and heart test ok - BTW distrust hospitals/doctors so that was no fun.

As it turned out I just was depleted of trace minerals, mostly salts, potassium, iron. Was raised and believed the gov narrative that salts, fats, meats are bad, bad, bad, but eat all the sugar laden GMO 'foods' you want, grains, and eat 3-6 times a day.

Look at your mid day piss. If nearly clear, you are not getting enough trace minerals. Not saying this is the problem for sure, but it definitely happens to people who radically change their eating patterns and are avoiding salt/fats, or meats (iron).
Majority of people don't get enough potassium.

Instead of eating a bunch of avocados or bananas, just get some no-salt substitute.
With minerals, there is often a teeter-todder effect going on - salt vs potassium, zinc vs copper, etc - they balance each other out. So if you eat a LOT of salt, definitely use potassium to balance it out.

Option: Add Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) with the mother to your morning routine and before sleep.

If you are unsure about the minerals / salts
Check out LMNT https://drinklmnt.com/ it's not cheap $1.50 / ea in small qty.

There are frequent coupons for sample packs - pay postage kind of thing.

Coupons often on https://join1440.com/newsletter/6-21-2022/

LMNT is sold on Amazon, too.

Another issue is that with less salt, and with alternatives like Sea salt, Himalayan, Kosher, check your iodine intake, it may be low.

I didn't see Magnesium in Burt's post. I was low on that. But caution, the wrong formulation will send you to the s*tter.
start here:
https://examine.com/supplements/zma/

I am not a medical person, nor a dietitian.

Do your research.

If you are unsure about the minerals / salts
Check out LMNT https://drinklmnt.com/ it's not cheap $1.50 / ea in small qty.

There are frequent coupons for sample packs - pay postage kind of thing.

Coupons often on https://join1440.com/newsletter/6-21-2022/

LMNT is sold on Amazon, too.

Another issue is that with less salt, and with alternatives like Sea salt, Himalayan, Kosher, check your iodine intake, it may be low.

I didn't see Magnesium in Burt's post. I was low on that. But caution, the wrong formulation will send you to the s*tter.
start here:
https://examine.com/supplements/zma/

I am not a medical person, nor a dietitian.

Do your research.

You can also buy the Pink Himalayan salt and every few days take a teaspoon in a glass of water and down it. 84+ trace minerals in it. It's a cheap way to cover a lot of bases for minerals that you need but are missing from municipal tap water.

One way I discovered that I was deficient was feeling deeply extremely thirsty. But no matter how much water I had there was still thirty. I came across something about electrolyte imbalances and trace mineral deficiencies. Snagged a 32oz can of the pink salt for $8 and it lasted me a year+

Every couple days I take some and it does seem to help. Especially if I'm going deep on keto. When I'm fasting and doing 500cal/day. I will do 2tsp of pink salt every 2 days to balance electrolytes.

If you are having headaches that are hard to diagnose and Tylenol won't seem to touch. That can also be electrolyte or mineral deficiency.

Before water purification plants, you would be drinking ground water and streams. Eating plants right from the dirt and intaking 100+ minerals on a daily basis. But now everything is stripped out and you are likely deficient off and on your entire life, unless you eat a very carefully planned diet or take supplements.

Shovel work and cinder blocks under the rear deck, turning a long sloping bank into several 10x10' flat/level tiers. The outside temp shot up past 90 at 1100 here, so there will be none of that nonsense today.
Is it weird that I like doing that kind of work in the heat?

I noticed that when I'm exerting like that in the heat that I hit that zone of feeling shaky and chills where my body says...GO SIT DOWN AND STOP. But if I maintain a slow push of activity that I break through to a 2nd wind and 3rd wind 4th wind as needed.

I just have to be careful because those breakthrough zones get harder and harder to notice if I'm overdoing it or hurting my muscles and the max RPM diminishes on each successive breakthrough

The other day in the heat my brother and I rebuild the south side soffit/eave thing. Fitbit said I got 23,000+ steps even though it was mostly just standing on a ladder. Got cramps while sleeping that night. The product Calm works to make cramps go away. Good stuff.

Today, went to the gym in the am, bouldered before it got too hot. Then screwed up and downed a full pint of Ben and Jerrys. The store had them for a buck each and I'm a sucker for a deal. DOHHH.

Today, went to the gym in the am, bouldered before it got too hot. Then screwed up and downed a full pint of Ben and Jerrys. The store had them for a buck each and I'm a sucker for a deal. DOHHH.
full.gif

Got a softball tee was practicing correct slow pitch swing, using hips, throwing hands, snapping wrists, pulling with the left side, pushing with the right, bat and arms full extension, don't move upper body forward in swing ......... damn. In grade school 50 years ago I knew none of this and could hit like a madman. I guess everything has to be complex these days.

A guy older than me making a 3+ hour video and there are many dozens of them just on hips, swinging. Oh boy.

Got a softball tee was practicing correct slow pitch swing, using hips, throwing hands, snapping wrists, pulling with the left side, pushing with the right, bat and arms full extension, don't move upper body forward in swing ......... damn. In grade school 50 years ago I knew none of this and could hit like a madman. I guess everything has to be complex these days.

A guy older than me making a 3+ hour video and there are many dozens of them just on hips, swinging. Oh boy.
For the right price you can have an analytics company write you up an algorithm to analyze your swings/hit and cross reference which specific movements are associated with a higher hit %

Information and complexity are the name of the game now.

Walked 5 miles on the beach yesterday. It was 100-ish here and 62/overcast an hour west of here at the ocean. Walked about 4 miles here today, dug holes, planted arborvitae and leveled ground for some brick tiers under the deck. Gonna finish that next week, shoveling/tamping fill dirt and 3/4 minus gravel. That's morning stuff before the sun gets going.

I need to get back into the heavy bag hanging in my garage and work out with some steel mace videos.

Last Edited:
Walked 5 miles on the beach yesterday. It was 100-ish here and 62/overcast an hour west of here at the ocean. Walked about 4 miles here today, dug holes, planted arborvitae and leveled ground for some brick tiers under the deck. Gonna finish that next week, shoveling/tamping fill dirt and 3/4 minus gravel. That's morning stuff before the sun gets going.

I need to get back into the heavy bag hanging in my garage and work out with some steel mace videos.

You're giving me flashbacks :)
Property cleanup... brush cutting.
Breaking up an old 20x20 patio with a sledgehammer and using the chunks to help fill an old ditch. Then a shoveling hauling and dumping 100+ wheelbarrow loads to level the ditch

You're giving me flashbacks :)
Property cleanup... brush cutting.
Breaking up an old 20x20 patio with a sledgehammer and using the chunks to help fill an old ditch. Then a shoveling hauling and dumping 100+ wheelbarrow loads to level the ditch
All so much more fulfilling (to me anyway) than merely exercising - if that makes any sense at all.

All so much more fulfilling (to me anyway) than merely exercising - if that makes any sense at all.
Exactly. And even more fulfilling when you finish a job yourself that would have cost you $$ to pay someone else to do it.

I finally broke down last week any paid someone to mow my lawn. First time ever and it still bothers me :( but there's only so much time in a day and it had to happen...

Grrrrrrr I mow my own lawn!!!!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top