JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
VITAMIN D UPDATE: Vitamin D deficiency directly linked to dementia. "In some populations as much as 17% of dementia cases might be prevented by increasing everyone to normal levels of vitamin D (50 nmol/L)."
I think it's P.D. Mangan who prescribes "sun, steak, and steel:" Eat a steak, get some sun, and lift some weights to be healthy. Good advice, anyway.

I think I saw a video warning about Vit D overdosing when using supliments.
Solution: Go outside, naked.

Well, go outside.

In Portland, outside usually equals no sun. Well at least up to now. I have taken D3+K2, Zinc, and copper for three years and never a cold or any other illness even though around a lot of people daily. Never wore a face diaper unless forced for work.
Pureblood, of course.

Went to Softball tryouts/playtime and seniors in the competitive leagues are no joke. I have the physical attributes, such as being a fast sprinter, but there is so much more to softball than what I remembered from grade school (lol). Decided to wait until fall to give me time to learn how to throw and bat correctly. That high arch slow pitching really had me swinging a lot of air.

As for the exercise part, wowza. Two hours of drills have me really worn out. Sore today. A gym workout just cannot prep someone for real life stuff like that, using muscles at different angles and intensity.

Went to Softball tryouts/playtime and seniors in the competitive leagues are no joke. I have the physical attributes, such as being a fast sprinter, but there is so much more to softball than what I remembered from grade school (lol). Decided to wait until fall to give me time to learn how to throw and bat correctly. That high arch slow pitching really had me swinging a lot of air.

As for the exercise part, wowza. Two hours of drills have me really worn out. Sore today. A gym workout just cannot prep someone for real life stuff like that, using muscles at different angles and intensity.

You should continue going to practice.
If anything, it'll give you a different routine to add to your exercise programming.

Last Edited:
X91VWYA&tn=FucDJm02ozzIrTUm&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

that and I took the garbage out

I planted 2 new bushes, did 20 pushups and walked around my block. I'm not as exhausted as I was, so its helping.

A month back I'd realized that I lost 8 pounds, now Ive gained 11! I'm eating less and better, how'd I gain weight?

I planted 2 new bushes, did 20 pushups and walked around my block. I'm not as exhausted as I was, so its helping.

A month back I'd realized that I lost 8 pounds, now Ive gained 11! I'm eating less and better, how'd I gain weight?
That's not a crazy fluctuation depending on time of day you weighed and hydration.

It's a 2 or 3 week cycle to really get into fat burning mode. Then if you overeat just once it resets and will take another couple weeks to start trending down. Just my experience on keto. April 2019 I was 337lbs. By November I was 249lbs. I felt it would work in cycles of maybe 3 to 6 weeks. Then a gap in between where my weight would not move. Even with fasting. Then it would cycle again and I would lose 10lbs in 2 weeks.

Playing softball and working on my van for a day taught me to not confuse being gym-fit with real world physical exercise.

Nice KETO success there Kristopher! Yep, no journey is consistently a win, bumps in the road always. You are doing amazing though. You have the discipline so many lack.

Very odd exercises for almost an hour at the gym. Medicine ball floors slams, hip-twist side tosses, two-handed throws onto wall (built for it); 8-14 lbs. After about a half hour my shoulders and upper back were really feeling it. I usually keep weight lifting motions slow and deliberate to avoid injury and am/was missing working fast twitch muscles.

Will see in the morning what my body has to say about it.

I'd say a big hurdle of mine is that I love to cook, often cooking out of stress or boredom. Heck, last night I made chicken fried rice (for no reason).

There was a time, after I'd broken my leg, that I ballooned up to 315. I'm currently 237 now, I'd be happy if I hit 200.

Anyhow, I did my 20 pushups and moved a good 30 plants (in 5 gallon pots). I got dizzy and quit. I wish my doctor could figure out this dizziness crap, I'd like to feel safe when driving again.

I'd say a big hurdle of mine is that I love to cook, often cooking out of stress or boredom. Heck, last night I made chicken fried rice (for no reason).

There was a time, after I'd broken my leg, that I ballooned up to 315. I'm currently 237 now, I'd be happy if I hit 200.

Anyhow, I did my 20 pushups and moved a good 30 plants (in 5 gallon pots). I got dizzy and quit. I wish my doctor could figure out this dizziness crap, I'd like to feel safe when driving again.
With the exertion then dizzy. I'm wondering... blood pressure? Do you have a heart murmur? Could be valve blockages?

I know there are certain exercises like heavy lifting you have to avoid if you have a heart murmur etc.

With the exertion then dizzy. I'm wondering... blood pressure? Do you have a heart murmur? Could be valve blockages?

I know there are certain exercises like heavy lifting you have to avoid if you have a heart murmur etc.
So far they cant figure out these sudden blood pressure drops, why I get dizzy and occasionally pass out. I just make sure to sit down if I feel it coming on.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top