Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

what caliber can you find,ammo wise??

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by snowdriver, Jul 11, 2009.

1. snowdriver

snowdriver sandy,oregon Member

22lr,380auto,and 9mm have been
    difficult to get a hold of in recent history,hope that changes soon,have you guys found a handgun caliber that is easier to find than the common calibers??

2. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

But it seems like if anyone has any handgun ammo on a shelf, it's .38 Special or 9x18 Makarov

3. AndyH

AndyH Keizer, Oregon Well-Known Member

.40 s&w seems to be fairly easy to find as well

4. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

I can Go Get any ammo I want right now... Only problem is, that its From Gun shops that Are charging $22 For a box Of Blazer .40 that you can get at walmart for 12.47 if you just wait around for it.

5. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I've also noticed that 500 S&W is not too hard to find, just hard to pay for!

6. durango#95

durango#95 Medford New Member

.32ACP, 9x18mm, .38sp, and 9mm are never a problem in my neck of the woods. Just no 9mm JHP to be found, but 9mm FMJ's are everywhere.

7. toys

toys PDX Member

9mm, 40, 45

8. Dan-Dee Sales Inc

Dan-Dee Sales Inc Sweet Home, Oregon, United States Active Member

9mm, 357mag, 40s&w

9. NorthernBornRebel

NorthernBornRebel Keizer Member

I need to find some local 5.45.....damn I wish someone was interested in trading.

10. CEF1959

CEF1959 Willamette Valley, Oregon New Member

The only thing I CAN"T find either in shops or with internet dealers is .380. Sometimes, yes. But mostly no. The rest I can find if I'm diligent.

11. timbernet

timbernet Boring, Oregon Member

.38 and .32 are the most popular to see on the shelves... A good number of .44Mag, .357Mag, and .500.

Then comes .40, then 9mm.

.45 is starting to make a comeback...

And .380 is just invisible. Those that get it only get < 10 boxes and they sell out in minutes.

Those that get more in, charge 200&#37; more than it should be (yes Gun Broker, I am talking about you)

But things are improving... assuming nothing major pops up on the political front anytime soon I would expect ammo to be closer to normal by September... This isn't scientific, just seeing how supply is coming back from my weekly trips to multiple stores...

12. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

Give www.ammoengine.com a look and see if any choices there have what you're looking for in stock. :thumbup:

13. Rugerbub

Rugerbub OREGON Member

Why the hack is 380 so hard to find?

14. snowdriver

i hope you are right,but who knows?? right now i have a little bit of 380,and a good stock of 22and 9mm,just frustrated i cant find more for months now,although the only places i check are bi-mart in damascus and sandy,probably should check more places:thumbup:

15. timbernet

timbernet Boring, Oregon Member

Check the Sandy and Damascus Bi-Mart on Wednesday and Friday... if you can, check around 11a-noon...

At least Bi-Mart has a steady schedule, Wal-Mart says "we get shipments every night" -- well, I really don't like Wal-Mart and the only reason I go there is for ammo, so I really don't want to have to check with them daily to see if they got in .380, etc...

16. snowdriver

i think i will try fridays,have that day off now that ive gone to 4 10,s,,thanks for the tip!!

17. CEF1959

CEF1959 Willamette Valley, Oregon New Member

I wonder this myself. All I can figure is that it used to be a low-volume caliber, but now Kahr (P3AT) and Luger (LCP) have pretty recent (and excellent) deep concealment pistols in that caliber, resulting in a resurgent interest in .380 as a solid defense round. With the run on other calibers, the manufacturers haven't bothered to retool to meet the .380 demand.

Just a guess.

18. chase

chase Wilsonville, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I was at fishermans marine and outdoors in oregon city. They had 38 special, 40S&W, 9 makarov, 45 acp, 5.56, and probally some others, thought it was limited probally about 6 boxes of each. Decent prices, the 38 special was $18, and the 40S&W was $20 brass cased ammo.

380 is used for all the small concealed pistols like ruger lcp, walther ppk, and others. I imagine the ammo manufactures are making the more profitable ammos in larger calibers, but i dont. Lots of people today are getting there chl's and they like small concealable handguns.

19. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I always seem to see .40