JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Having a Gin & Tonic at Rouge Headquarters
The food was great, I had the halibut fish and chips, my wife got the mac and cheese and my sister got the beer cheese soup. My gin & tonic and gin on the rocks was not as good. Their Spruce Gin is what I'd call a Herbal Vodka. It isn't bad but it's not a Gin, not really any Juniper or Evergreen flavor lots of cucumber and citrus.

Sake-it to me baby! (in my best Austin Powers impersonation).

You can't buy the stuff out here unless you are at a restaurant. I went to Portland the other weekend and I always stop at Fubon to grab some cooking supplies and sake. Any other sake lovers out there?

You can't buy the stuff out here unless you are at a restaurant. I went to Portland the other weekend and I always stop at Fubon to grab some cooking supplies and sake. Any other sake lovers out there?
The couple times I've had it, I've liked it.

I am not a fan. But in PDX Uwajimaya has a good selection.

There is also a brewery on Hwy 47 just south of Forest Grove. They offer tastings,etc. I ride by there regularly. SakéOne

SakeOne has a retailer locator - there are a few places in Bend. Not sure where "Central OR" is exactly, but try their mapping feature.

upload_2018-2-8_11-18-59.png

They have it in habanero?

I didn't see any habanero. You could call Cannon Beach Distillery and ask. Wary of jalapeno (which sounded faddish to me), I tried it with a couple other tasters so the vodka and rum could erase any bad taste. But it was very subtle and delicious. I might try it in a margarita if I don't sip it all up first.

Support your local distilleries and breweries. And vote against the OLCC if their corrupt, self-serving stranglehold should ever appear on a ballot!

I just had my first gin & tonic... well a couple of them recently. Wow i have been missing out.
Tried the class 6 cheap stuff, then a bottle i bought for a friend. I am hooked. Been researching on the internet. Best thing about it no hangover.
What gin and what tonic? My go to gin used to be Crater Lake but I've been branching out lately to other Oregon gins. I don't have a go to tonic but I usually keep a couple bottles each of Fever Tree Indian and Naturally Light Tonic.

Lots of Gin Reviews» Gins from Oregon | the GIN is IN

Pretty sure it was schweppes tonic. The gin was a limited that i bought for him to enjoy before traveling. Have to get a picture next time i visit. To each there own and i am just getting started. Thanks for the link. I have been checking out both gin & tonic. Most extensive bottle of gin i saw recently was $2k. They only make enough to send a couple bottles to each continent.

I just had my first gin & tonic... well a couple of them recently. Wow i have been missing out.
Tried the class 6 cheap stuff, then a bottle i bought for a friend. I am hooked. Been researching on the internet. Best thing about it no hangover.

Gin and tonic has been my hard drink of choice from the beginning. (21) Just cheap gin, Burnette's , Gilbey's if I'm home and well gin if I'm out. I like New Amsterdam gin if I'm going to sip.

Trying some Burnett's Vodka tonight, Quadruple Distilled Blah Blah.
Not impressed but the store didn't carry Kamchatka, so I am giving it a try.
Needs something to cover the after taste which reminds me of some kind of
paint thinner. Not tasty, and hence not sipping booze to me.
But it will have to do I bought a 1.75L bottle! :eek:
I'm not going to throw it away.
Gabby

Trying some Burnett's Vodka tonight, Quadruple Distilled Blah Blah.
Not impressed but the store didn't carry Kamchatka, so I am giving it a try.
Needs something to cover the after taste which reminds me of some kind of
paint thinner. Not tasty, and hence not sipping booze to me.
But it will have to do I bought a 1.75L bottle! :eek:
I'm not going to throw it away.
Gabby

I drank a lot of Burnett's back in the day, I can't drink it any more.:D

You're right on the paint thinner after taste, I've had cheaper Vodkas that are better.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top