JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Happy St Patrick's Day, NWFA!

View attachment 1385809
Funny story about Irish death, st Patty's day 2021 we had a big party in our shop and ran out of Guinness so we made an emergency beer run and go figure, couldn't find a blasted bottle or can of Guinness beer in prineville, so had to settle for Irish death and let me tell you what, that stuff is TERRIBLE for car bombs! Bleck!🤢

Buckskin for me tonight boys, too tired to make a beverage! Blue-collar gang!

20230318_224925.jpg

Funny story about Irish death, st Patty's day 2021 we had a big party in our shop and ran out of Guinness so we made an emergency beer run and go figure, couldn't find a blasted bottle or can of Guinness beer in prineville, so had to settle for Irish death and let me tell you what, that stuff is TERRIBLE for car bombs! Bleck!🤢

Well, Guinness is only 4.2% ABV while Irish death is 7.8%. So, sounds like a great way to wake up naked on your front lawn.

I'm switch hitting between Kamchatka Vodka about the cheapest in my local state store, and Lauder's Scotch, also about the cheapest available. I really like both of them, they go down smooth the vodka has "premium Liqueur" added.
Makes it a tad bit sweet which I enjoy. The scotch is quite smooth and has a great flavor. For cheap booze I really enjoy them. It doesn't hurt that they are affordable for a old toot on small SS monthly check!
Enjoy,
Gabby

I'm switch hitting between Kamchatka Vodka about the cheapest in my local state store, and Lauder's Scotch, also about the cheapest available. I really like both of them, they go down smooth the vodka has "premium Liqueur" added.
Makes it a tad bit sweet which I enjoy. The scotch is quite smooth and has a great flavor. For cheap booze I really enjoy them. It doesn't hurt that they are affordable for a old toot on small SS monthly check!
Enjoy,
Gabby
Kamchatka vodka is made in Kentucky "Kamchatka Vodka is one of the largest selling vodkas in America. Its smooth, crisp taste makes it excellent year round for entertaining and mix ability. Distilled from the finest grains for a clear, smooth crisp taste." it gets excellent reviews.

Lauders is imported from Scotland, "Originally established in 1834, Lauders Blended Scotch whisky is imported from Scotland after being aged for three years in oak barrels. The aroma is light and citrusy, with caramel and green apple notes. The taste inspires rich creaminess with some slight maltiness that slowly evolves into sweet toffee in the mid palate. The whisky finishes with lingering brown sugar notes interlaced with a light maltiness."

Both choices sound good to me!
I'm not a huge vodka fan but vodka made in Kentucky I'm gonna have to try, those Kentucky folks have a long history of making pretty good liquor.
And I'm also on a retiree budget!

Cheers!
Jon

Last Edited:
Wolfschmidt Vodka is pretty good for a reasonable price. Cheaper than Smirnoff but just about as good. It is fine for making mixed drinks. For martinis or something higher end to sip on I like Chopin. It is a potato vodka and is smooth.

For mixing, most vodkas do fine. for straight up, I only do Stoli. In Scotch I prefer single malts, and my preferred Irish is Tullamore D.E.W. There are higher end Irishes that will put a gleam in your eye, but they also put a dent in your purse.
Tonight's libation is the DEW.

I am inbibing the most inexpensive rum imaginable as I plot new and as of yet undiscovered sins...
For that, I find a good fresh bottle of Goslings Black Seal Rum to be the best, and @$10.00 a bottle, pretty thrifty too!
For lamenting the ever after hangover, Dansk Vodka with the O.J. clears ya right out, and costs about the same, so fer $20.00 i'm all good! :s0155:

For that, I find a good fresh bottle of Goslings Black Seal Rum to be the best, and @$10.00 a bottle, pretty thrifty too!
For lamenting the ever after hangover, Dansk Vodka with the O.J. clears ya right out, and costs about the same, so fer $20.00 i'm all good! :s0155:
Monarch at 17 bux a half gallon, though the Buffalo Trace sitting nect to it keeps trying to creep away. Never get hangovers regardless of what or how much. It's me Norsk blood. Makes it too expensive to get wobbly in bars. Less than a juice glass full isn't worth the bother...

Actually, that would be a great 'Off Topic' thread; "What was the best revenge stunt you've pulled?"
Once upon a time a friend of mine had a garage sale he knew nothing about including an advertised Early Bird Special coffee and donuts at 5 AM (just ring the doorbell). Balloons and signs everywhere and an ad in the local paper (back when they took cash) on a Sunday morning after I knew he'd be bombed Saturday night, No revenge, just for fun. I had to look over my shoulder a LONG time after that one :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top