JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Impossible?

1659135461880.png

Aloha, Mark

I thought the same thing, but just looked it up in the online Oregon regs. Looks like you have to ask permission. :eek: Sheesh.

From page 16: (orange highlighting is mine)

No person shall possess or transport any game mammal or part thereof, which has been illegally killed, found or killed for humane reasons, except lawfully obtained shed antlers, unless they have notified and received permission from personnel of the Oregon State Police or ODFW prior to transporting.

No person shall possess the horns of bighorn sheep or Rocky Mtn goat that were not taken legally during an authorized season.
wow, seems pretty strict for some old bones that eventually would otherwise just biodegrade back to dirt. its interesting they put extra emphasis on goat and sheep horns.

Taken ? From where ? And for what reasons to 'not be taken'?

If 'taken' from the ground as a dried out skeletal part well, I see no problem. I mean the animal is already dead at this point....
I hear ya I feel the same way. And I did see op said WY which I don't know about there laws. I just knew there was a law in Oregon. Not exactly sure the reasons but I could think of a couple. Not trying to be a do gooder but I don't want to see anybody getting in trouble for something which seems just fine.
Many people don't know about this law in Oregon even most hunters. I've had to tell a few friends I hunt with about this as on a rare occasion I have come across full skulls.

I thought it was only the skull of the game mammals that couldnt be taken? I think I heard somewhere they do enforce taking the skulls of rams...
Not a 100% Koda on the other parts but for sure the skull is a no no in Oregon. I'm sure most of the time nobody would know and I'm sure the feds wouldn't chase you down for a elk femor or even a jaw bone but I do know of people getting accused of poaching faulsly and having to account for every skull and piece of meat.

I thought the same thing, but just looked it up in the online Oregon regs. Looks like you have to ask permission. :eek: Sheesh.

From page 16: (orange highlighting is mine)

No person shall possess or transport any game mammal or part thereof, which has been illegally killed, found or killed for humane reasons, except lawfully obtained shed antlers, unless they have notified and received permission from personnel of the Oregon State Police or ODFW prior to transporting.

No person shall possess the horns of bighorn sheep or Rocky Mtn goat that were not taken legally during an authorized season.
Thanks Bobby! I actually had a friend have a massive elk die in the clear cut next to his house of natural causes. He asked permission and state police said no. He also ask the OSP to come put him out of misery. Anyhow he watched it die for a long time OSP did collect the head after a week or so and I'm sure its on a state police officers wall lol. My friend did the right thing though. I'm all for law enforcement but the OSP harrased my friend about this thing till he just had to politely tell them to get off his property go get the elk as all he wanted was permission to take skull after death. They basically were trying to interrogate him even when he did the right thing which many would not. I don't think I would bother even calling personally after I his experience. Still cool that he got photos as thats one of the biggest rosevelts I've ever seen.

part0_17.jpg Resized_20200105_131124.jpeg Resized_20200105_130626.jpg

I'm not sure if you should post that. If its not sheds animal parts are not to be taken for various reasons. I don't think that would be a big thing but better take a look at the laws. Good thing it's not a part of a big horn sheep cause it would be a big deal.
So, in Oregon, this rattleduck snake, made in part from an actual duck bill, might just slam the cell doors on me, IMGP0131.JPG huh?

Is it really dead? Democrats are re-writing definitions on the weekly. What if the Jaw bone identifies as a birthing person? could be kidnapping. LOL
It's both alive and dead until you remove it from its resting place. That's according to the manual issued by the Small Animal Administration.

I'm not sure if you should post that. If its not sheds animal parts are not to be taken for various reasons. I don't think that would be a big thing but better take a look at the laws. Good thing it's not a part of a big horn sheep cause it would be a big deal.
There is no law in Oregon stating that you can't collect lower elk jaws. If you are on tribal land I would ask permission first out of respect. You don't want to get caught pilfering their arts and crafts supplies.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top